2023 Masters Olympia??

mytreefiddy

IFBB PRO / Featured Member / Verified Customer
IFBB PROS
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
My buddy told me yesterday that they're bringing back the Masters Olympia in 2023.....can't help but to be intrigued by that.... i was convinced my competing days were behind me but i will say i'll definitely consider it if my bloodwork comes back good.... Brad... you gonna consider doing it as well???

My buddy told me yesterday that they're bringing back the Masters Olympia in 2023.....can't help but to be intrigued by that.... i was convinced my competing days were behind me but i will say i'll definitely consider it if my bloodwork comes back good.... Brad... you gonna consider doing it as well???
First I don't even know if you can just "do it"? There seems to be no qualifying process, which means your only access would be invite like Arnold classic, you fill out the paperwork and they pick who they deem qualified. I'm guessing that's how it works. If I win masters worlds then I would at least apply to compete in it.

I haven't looked into it as i just found out yesterday.... I had just assumed it would be like the regular O... qualify by winning a Masters show or accumulating points... But you're right...If there is no qualifying process than i dont know how that would fly... Would be kinda cool if they did offer more Masters shows and you had to qualify the way its done now...

First I don't even know if you can just "do it"? There seems to be no qualifying process, which means your only access would be invite like Arnold classic, you fill out the paperwork and they pick who they deem qualified. I'm guessing that's how it works. If I win masters worlds then I would at least apply to compete in it.
Whatchu mean IF?? YOU GOT THAT SHIT! :)

Anyone know what the requirements were in the past? I thought the past was, are you an IFBB pro and over a certain age? I think the fact that very few guys are still going strong at that age removed the need for qualifying requirements other than the previously stated.

I believe that you have to win at a qualifier. Masters pro championships in Pittsburgh, in July, will be the first qualifier.
My information is also that its being held in Romania.
They've tried having it before, with not enough competitors supporting. So, they're going by the Masters pro shows as the qualifier, rather than invite, which would limit competitors

There will also be invites.. it actually has a big response. So they will not be turning down too many if they will be competitive.

My early pick is Lee Priest, assuming they lift his ban lol.

My early pick is Lee Priest, assuming they lift his ban lol.
Have you seen Lee lately? He isn't competing ever again, his nerve damage has atrophied his back muscles really bad, Paul Dillet now has a better back than Lee Priest, LOL

Have you seen Lee lately? He isn't competing ever again, his nerve damage has atrophied his back muscles really bad, Paul Dillet now has a better back than Lee Priest, LOL
Yeah.. he never got surgery for some reason. Too bad. Plus you can not cover that mess of tatts with all the tan in the world.

He has looked pretty good from the shots I saw recently with his "species" transformation but I did not see a back shot admittedly.

He has looked pretty good from the shots I saw recently with his "species" transformation but I did not see a back shot admittedly.
His genetics are some of the best around.. but the nerve damage did a number on one arm and his back.. he shoukd have had it fixed asap but didnt..

I believe that you have to win at a qualifier. Masters pro championships in Pittsburgh, in July, will be the first qualifier.
My information is also that its being held in Romania.
They've tried having it before, with not enough competitors supporting. So, they're going by the Masters pro shows as the qualifier, rather than invite, which would limit competitors

If they hold it in Romania, I will go to watch.

Yeah.. he never got surgery for some reason. Too bad. Plus you can not cover that mess of tatts with all the tan in the world.

Oh, but you can, and he did (when he won the Universe 9 yrs ago). But yeah, his nerve damage is too much...

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh, but you can, and he did (when he won the Universe 9 yrs ago). But yeah, his nerve damage is too much...

maxresdefault.jpg
Yes Lee looked great at the universe! But a lot has happened in that 9 year span and like @LATS said his back has really atrophied from the nerve problems that he probably should have had fixed, the fact that he didn't should tell you that he NEVER plans to step on a competitive stage ever again.

I wonder if Dexter would go for it? I like the idea of a Master Olympia coming back!

maxresdefault.jpg
He's had more tattoos since then.. and if you look at his relaxed shots even at that show you can see them bleeding through and blurring diffinition. But it's a moot point as his competitive days are over

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131