advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

21 year old looking for some questions to be answered.

cK^

Newbies
Hello everyone,

I am new to this specific forum but I have seen quite a few posts and everyone seem very knowledgeable and respectable so I'm gonna try to be up front about what I've been thinking about and what I want to do next.

I am 21 years old, I have been lifting weights for 3-4 years now and been in competitive sports my entire life.

I have done endless research on the use of AAS, the process you need to go through as far as PCT, etc.

I was wanting some of your opinions as to starting a basic cycle at 21.

I am not wanting to compete in competitive bodybuilding, I am wanting to for recreational use. (Who knows this may change in the future).

I am wanting the shorter route to look good, I'm not gonna try to beat around the bush and lie.

I have always had issues with testosterone (libido, mood swings, etc) even though bs dr's are always saying my levels are fine so this is something else that has peaked my interest for AAS.

Any personal experiences with their first cycles? At what age? Long term/short term side effects and results.

I appreciate all feedback.

cK

I have always had issues with testosterone (libido, mood swings, etc) even though bs dr's are always saying my levels are fine so this is something else that has peaked my interest for AAS.

So you have had bloodwork done? That is very important, what is your current test levels? Any prior tests done? Height, weight, aprox bf% ? If your test is already low and you do a cycle, crushing w/e test you have, PCT is not gonna bring it back any higher that prior to cycle, IMO and experience.

My first "cycle" was from a friend, 250mg russian cytoh sust per week. Gained 20lbs in 12 weeks! Need a little more info to give a good answer. Starting gear at 21 y/o should not be because some "JOE" on the internet saying "YEA GO AHEAD".

Yeah, we would need to see some blood test results to figure out if you actually have low T.

That being said, anyone that I've put on their first cycle it is always Test prop EOD for 8-12 weeks. Easier to adjust dose or come off depending on how you react and the side effects. This gives you a good baseline. 300-400mgs of test prop will be plenty for a first cycle.

*edit*

Now, some personal advice...

1) If you're not a professional athlete (or realistically on your way to being one, don't go down the rabbit hole because you wanna look good in a speedo at the beach or in a vneck at the club.

The other thing worth mentioning...there really is no such thing as one or two cycles....

2)The side effects are no joke, there was a recent resurrection of a thread in the main forum about someone having a heart attack at 38. A coworker of mine had one in the office at age 31. This might not be the norm but it like russian roulette depending on genetics, undiagnosed per-existing conditions etc. Prostate and liver cancer. This can happen slowly over time with little to no symptoms. Make sure you're doing it for reasons you can live with in 20 or 40 years.

3)Something that isn't talk about as much, is the psychological sides. When you're on you'll feel like superman. When you come off and until you get your natural levels back up, you will feel like a moody little bitch, no confidence. Again individual differences here, but worth noting.

at your age, barring medical condition, you have plenty of testosterone and growth hormone circulating for the next 5-10 years you will naturally be at peak physiological levels. You'd be better off spending the money hiring a bodybuilding coach and on the extra food IMO.

The drugs only work as a catalyst if your training and diet are on point.

Last edited:
Ever since anabolics were created, no one ever used to start-out on Testosterone, especially not for recreational use.

But then again, things are different today...we have open forums where people get to say whatever they want.

Ever since anabolics were created, no one ever used to start-out on Testosterone, especially not for recreational use.

But then again, things are different today...we have open forums where people get to say whatever they want.

Care to elaborate or give some advice? I'm genuinely curious as to your reasoning behind this, I'm always open to learning.

Most guys started on DBol or the latest greatest otc designer steroid/prohormone because they were scared of needles... leading to posts about how to fix their gyno.

I recommend the moderate prop because again, easy to control sides and adjust dose because of the shorter half life. This also gives you a pretty good reference point when you run the other compounds.

500mg test e weekly for 15weeks
20mg nolvadex daily starting on the 10th week
Then continue nolvadex 4weeks after cycle is over
Should be good enough to gain 20lbs and learn some things safely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D-bol and over-the-counter doesn't have a high probablilty for "gyno." Most people don't know what gyno is. Shit tons of ideots post about "gyno," that in turn makes people paranoid, then people become dysmorphophobic, and people think that some water retention is gyno. Most of the water retention from 17aa steroids are due to effects related to the corticosteroid system. Testosterone definitely has a higher aromatization rate then d-bol.

As far as stacks go, you know it's not just d-bol. People always took Decca and D-bol, or any other combination that was Net Anabolic, meaning more anabolic than androgenic. This especially goes for recreational users. If you, however, have someone that you want to coach into a pro-bodybuilder, then by all means start on testosterone and get him going fast.

Still, for the longest time, the common wisdom was to always save Testosterone for later. That's just the basics. It was only a number of years ago that suddenly these web-sites had "experts" telling people to begin on Test. Now we also have Newbies doing Tren on the second and third cycle.

But then again history shouldn't dictate. What matters is the latest knowledge applied to a specific situation.

keep it simple. futurefreak laid out a very simple and effective 1st cycle. if you dont gain 20lbs the first time you got bunk gear or you didnt put the work in.

So you have had bloodwork done? That is very important, what is your current test levels? Any prior tests done? Height, weight, aprox bf% ? If your test is already low and you do a cycle, crushing w/e test you have, PCT is not gonna bring it back any higher that prior to cycle, IMO and experience.

My first "cycle" was from a friend, 250mg russian cytoh sust per week. Gained 20lbs in 12 weeks! Need a little more info to give a good answer. Starting gear at 21 y/o should not be because some "JOE" on the internet saying "YEA GO AHEAD".
Yes I have had bloodwork done. Everything came back normal including testosterone which I argued with my doctor. He has since referred me to an endocrinologist that I am still waiting to see for the first time.

The reason I mention me thinking I have low T is because I can never achieve a rock hard lasting erection anymore - not since I was about 17-18 years old.

He says I am in "perfect" shape... I beg to differ since I never really have urges for sex (not as often as I should at my age).

TRT man go get blood work done then post that and you'll get the right advice. Right now no one knows anything about you. Based upon your post, I don't even know if your a boy or a girl.

Personally, I think you should wait until you are ~24-25 years old for AAS use. On a different note, if you are already moody…you will very likely (you will) experience more pronounced mood swings after your cycle. That alone is a huge reason to approach with caution…you may want to discuss the mood swings with a psychiatrist…I'm not bashing, just trying to provide my personal advice as big brother. But, if you are going to do it anyway….

Find a reputable source that is well reviewed instead of the cheapest junk you can find in a vial. I'm not a fan of 500mg being a starting dose...you will have great results from 300 or 350mg/wk of testosterone as a first cycle. Don't get sucked into stacking or over complicating a first cycle. There is a wealth of knowledge on this board, but I also like to research compounds and cycles on Steroid Profiles - Steroid .com and read articles by William Llewellyn, as he is well versed in AAS and suggests very effective cycles at moderate dosages for amateur bodybuilders and recreational users.

I do agree with FutureFreak's input on having a post cycle protocol (PCT)…research proper PCT…then read some more…then read it again…I still learn something new and I'm 39 years old! Make sure you have all your PCT meds on hand before you start a cycle, if you choose to cycle. Sorry if there are any typos…using my phone to type!

Last edited:
Yes I have had bloodwork done. Everything came back normal including testosterone which I argued with my doctor. He has since referred me to an endocrinologist that I am still waiting to see for the first time.

The reason I mention me thinking I have low T is because I can never achieve a rock hard lasting erection anymore - not since I was about 17-18 years old.

He says I am in "perfect" shape... I beg to differ since I never really have urges for sex (not as often as I should at my age).

What exactly was your free and total testosterone levels? And What exactly in detail are you eating?

I would advise against prop cause it causes high as fuck BP with me. No amount of AI fixed it. Even 10mg eod fucked me over.
Imo: test e 375mg to 500mg with an AI to control estrogen.

500mg test e weekly for 15weeks
20mg nolvadex daily starting on the 10th week
Then continue nolvadex 4weeks after cycle is over
Should be good enough to gain 20lbs and learn some things safely

This will work. When I was around 21 I did 600mgs test e for either eight or ten weeks can't remember. Anyway I partied everynight and ate like shit but still got big and strong real quick. And this was with a shit diet and drinking everynight. Lol I'm not recommending the partying just pointing out early cycles are very effective. Plus you keep pretty much all of it the first time. That wasn't my first run though. First was dbol for five or six weeks. From wha I remember I ran it at 20 to 30 mgs with a good diet that time. Lol blew up well on just that.

I started when I was 20... been on for good since 22.. now im 25.

if you are in the 'normal' range of testosterone ~250ng/dl-1100ng/dl, your doctor will say that you're "normal" and in "tip-top shape".

even though you could be at the lowest end, and more depressed and unambitious than eeyore. a friend of mine has legitimate A-cup breasts, and his doctors tell him that he's normal LOL.

a lot of the time, they won't show you your results...idk why, but that's what they do.

honestly, my only regret about steroids, is not starting them sooner..

If you are going to do them, I recommend against cycling. just blast then trt then blast, etc.

if you are in the 'normal' range of testosterone ~250ng/dl-1100ng/dl, your doctor will say that you're "normal" and in "tip-top shape".

even though you could be at the lowest end, and more depressed and unambitious than eeyore. a friend of mine has legitimate A-cup breasts, and his doctors tell him that he's normal LOL.

a lot of the time, they won't show you your results...idk why, but that's what they do.

If you are going to do them, I recommend against cycling. just blast then trt then blast, etc.

While all the fools are in high school, the people that everyone worships have already begun their careers in film, music, etc.

The same thing is happening to bodybuilding. Sure your "natty" test is gonna grow some quality muscle, but all these PEDs are gonna grow more. And if a few people start going hardcore in high school, then everyone's gonna have to. I'd hate to be behind comin right out of the gate.

But that's pro bodybuilding; that's not this guy's situation. Personally, I don't know why that I help recreational users become fitness models. Like for what? So they can fuck all the women? This is crazy.

Just because you don't have rock hard erections doesn't mean your T levels are low. Your estrogen or prolactin levels could be sky high and that would definitely cause weak hard-ons. Sex drive is also affected from high levels of estrogen and prolactin as well. You said that your labs show that your T levels are normal, you are just trying to give yourself an excuse to start a cycle. In the end it's your choice whether you go down that road, but remember, there are very serious potential consequences later on that may affect your health.

Just because you don't have rock hard erections doesn't mean your T levels are low. Your estrogen or prolactin levels could be sky high and that would definitely cause weak hard-ons. Sex drive is also affected from high levels of estrogen and prolactin as well. You said that your labs show that your T levels are normal, you are just trying to give yourself an excuse to start a cycle. In the end it's your choice whether you go down that road, but remember, there are very serious potential consequences later on that may affect your health.
I got everything checked about 2 months ago and he said everything was fine. I will need to go back this weekend to get some blood work done again and get proper results. All he told me was that everything was "normal".

Will think more about this after I post my next test. Gonna head to doc again this weekend.

What exactly was your free and total testosterone levels? And What exactly in detail are you eating?
He didn't specify. All he said was that everything was "normal". I'm going to a different walk in tomorrow to get some blood done and hopefully they can give me actual numbers that I can post on here.

TRT man go get blood work done then post that and you'll get the right advice. Right now no one knows anything about you. Based upon your post, I don't even know if your a boy or a girl.
Fair enough, I am in fact a boy. Will follow recommendations and get more blood taken this weekend and post it once I get the results.

I got everything checked about 2 months ago and he said everything was fine. I will need to go back this weekend to get some blood work done again and get proper results. All he told me was that everything was "normal".

Will think more about this after I post my next test. Gonna head to doc again this weekend.

He didn't specify. All he said was that everything was "normal". I'm going to a different walk in tomorrow to get some blood done and hopefully they can give me actual numbers that I can post on here.

Fair enough, I am in fact a boy. Will follow recommendations and get more blood taken this weekend and post it once I get the results.

Lol yeah I was just kiddin with you man. Basically we just need to know a little more about you before anyone can help you build a good beginners cycle. Better to play the first go round safe![emoji106]

D-bol and over-the-counter doesn't have a high probablilty for "gyno." Most people don't know what gyno is. Shit tons of ideots post about "gyno," that in turn makes people paranoid, then people become dysmorphophobic, and people think that some water retention is gyno. Most of the water retention from 17aa steroids are due to effects related to the corticosteroid system. Testosterone definitely has a higher aromatization rate then d-bol.

As far as stacks go, you know it's not just d-bol. People always took Decca and D-bol, or any other combination that was Net Anabolic, meaning more anabolic than androgenic. This especially goes for recreational users. If you, however, have someone that you want to coach into a pro-bodybuilder, then by all means start on testosterone and get him going fast.

Still, for the longest time, the common wisdom was to always save Testosterone for later. That's just the basics. It was only a number of years ago that suddenly these web-sites had "experts" telling people to begin on Test. Now we also have Newbies doing Tren on the second and third cycle.

But then again history shouldn't dictate. What matters is the latest knowledge applied to a specific situation.

Interesting, thanks. The dbol deca is a classic, sure.

I got started under the wing of a couple bodybuilders about a decade ago which probably explains my bias for test.

Like I said i know a lot of people over the years through school, the gyms, the club that have this irrational fear of injecting first time around and no matter how many people tell them not to run an oral only they go ahead and do it anyways.

I agree with you as well about people not knowing what gyno truly is.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity