over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

3/3 TOP-Selling US Fish Oils Exceed Maximal Peroxide and Total Oxidation Levels

G.I.Bro

Banned
Registered
3/3 TOP-Selling US Fish Oils Exceed Maximal Peroxide and Total Oxidation Levels - Levels Roughly 4000% Higher Than in Medical Grade N3 Supplements, Harvard Study Shows

3/3 TOP-Selling US Fish Oils Exceed Maximal Peroxide and Total Oxidation Levels - Levels Roughly 4000% Higher Than in Medical Grade N3 Supplements, Harvard Study Shows - SuppVersity: Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone

Speaking of "for years": Is it possible that you've done more harm than good in the past years of consuming copious amounts of fish oil to your health? Yes, it is, but in view of the fact that even the "motor oil" version of fish oil in the average US dietary fish oil supplement (the brand names are obviously undisclosed = not mentioned in the paper) was still anti- and not pro-oxidative, it's more likely that you have only wasted time and money.

Carlson's liquid, only way to go.

Last edited:
so what are the brands of fish oil?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

until it states who , what, when, and someone is being held accountable this does unfortunately does nothing and means nothing to me.

until it states who , what, when, and someone is being held accountable this does unfortunately does nothing and means nothing to me.

The brands are not mentioned in the original study (for obvious reasons).
Omega-3 fatty acid fish oil dietary supplements contain saturated fats and oxidized lipids that may interfere with their intended biological benefits

Most all fish oil capsules on the market are about the same and/or come from the same larger producers. I'm sure Dante could chime in here with some info on that. The encapsulation process itself can damage the oil. Also, you cant sell poor quality rancid oil and have people drinking it straight. This is why I think a liquid product like Carlson's is better. Of course, there are decent brands of pill form too. To me "top selling" US Brands probably indicates mainstream brands you would see in a Walmart like Nature's Made, Nature's Bounty, etc. - brands the more informed consumer here may avoid. Still those are large companies with a lot to lose if exposed for bad quality. I am sure they are using the same basic raw sources and production measures as everyone else.

The take away message from this is not Brand A is better than Brand B - its that the state of the industry on fish oil is not as fantastic as everyone thinks it is.

Studies have raised concerns about the OM3FA content and chemical integrity of fish oil DS. In an analysis of over 45 different products, over 70% were shown to contain less EPA and/or DHA than stated on their labels. - A.C. Kleiner, D.P. Cladis, C.R. Santerre, A comparison of actual versus stated label amounts of EPA and DHA in commercial omega-3 dietary supplements in the United States, J. Sci. Food Agric., 95 (2015), pp. 1260–1267

Personally, I'd rather have under-dosed stuff than oil that is largely oxidized and damaged.

Last edited:
More shit quality supplements/food floating around? Wow what a surprise...:banghead:

Seems like everything is going to shit these days.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member