over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

3-4 supps cant live without

I could do without all my supps but if I had to pick 4 it would be...

Greens/Multivitamin powder (using orange triad powder at the moment).
Vitamin D.
Ubiquinol.
Curcumin.

Those are for health and I have put them in order of importance for me. I think vitamin d is the most important singular ingredient for me (and the majority of people imo). Now a multi with greens and fruit powder could cover a lot of bases so I have that as number 1 for me. Now moving away from health the one supplement I would actually struggle to be without would be preworkout powders. So if I could only use 4 for the rest of my life I would definitely drop one of the bottom 2 for my preworkout craziness :D

many guys taking curcumin. Maybe eventually ill come across some convincing data but at this time, at least based on the studies ive read over the last 10 years or so, is mixed. If i take something i like to know exactly how its working and i can make a strong arguement as to why i should be taking it for the rest of my life. The 4 supps i mentioned i can do that with... i just cant see curcumin being on that level yet.

Some guys added in fish oil...there is good data on EPA showing its effects on triglycerides as well and is MOA of action on inflammation that i mentioned. While that doesnt make my top 4 i can at least make an arguement for some as to why it might and how it works. With curcumin my issue is partially that there seems to be sooooo many different effects and then some papers support it and some dont.

Maybe i just dont know enough about curcumin however going through pubmed for last 10 years there is a lot of mixed data and then there was that guy who had to retract his cancer studies who i think was at MD anderson.

Id like to see some well done clinical trials. I believe there are some in the works but i dont follow it that closely. everyone on this board should be able to tell if a trial was well done.

Isolated Whey Protein
Macrolife Greens
Macrolife Super Reds

Beet root powder
Curcumin
Ubiquinol
Astragalus

Meriva or better yet..Longvida.

There might be a couple others that look to be as good/better...but with less research. Don't settle for some random 95% curcuminoids or basic added piperine.

I prefer Longvida form.

Thanks for all the replies. Now i’m more confused than ever as to what i should be taking. If i only had more money...

Interesting, it's sorta up my alley. I'm just anxious of authenticity, etc. I don't wanna buy that shit in a gas station lol Interesting that you use it preworkout, I'm currently on a caffeine fast and find I just don't care much for stims.

Not that I have this issue, but apparently useful for opioid addiction. Can't have that, now, can we?

Tread lightly if you like getting high at all and have an addictive personality. I’m guilty of both.

I had an on again off again relationship with red Bali Kratom for a few years. In the beginning it would be 5 or 6 half gram capsules in the evening once I was home for the night. Few months down the road it would be 100 half gram capsules and then 20 more an hour after that and then 20 more another hour later.

Kratom is the only thing I’ve ever been physically addicted to and it was not fun coming off them. I detoxed for about two weeks before finally starting to feel normal again.

Don’t eat that gas station shit by the way. It’s usually garbage. Either order it online or check out your local head shops. They usually carry multiple brands of quality stuff and can steer you in the right direction for what strain you should go with for what kind of affect you’re after.

Thanks for all the replies. Now i’m more confused than ever as to what i should be taking. If i only had more money...

No reason to be confused. Figure out what YOU need. Each person replied with what was needed for them.

If your vitamin D levels are great already then i wouldnt think its a priority to supplement ( yes some people have good levels from sunlight and diet).

Ask yourself what you are trying to gain by taking a particular supplement. Im not convinced a multiis even needed if your diet is good and balanced with lots of veggies and quality food.

If you are getting in a lot of protein with your foods then you dont need whey.

This goes for all the supplements....they are SUPPLEMENTS to your primary intake. For years i didnt take anything. I was really healthy aside from being vitamin D deficient so in hindsight that was probably all i needed because i was indoors for a decade.

If money is tight id personally spend it on quality food, and for me personally id add in vitamin D and thats it.

many guys taking curcumin. Maybe eventually ill come across some convincing data but at this time, at least based on the studies ive read over the last 10 years or so, is mixed. If i take something i like to know exactly how its working and i can make a strong arguement as to why i should be taking it for the rest of my life. The 4 supps i mentioned i can do that with... i just cant see curcumin being on that level yet.

Some guys added in fish oil...there is good data on EPA showing its effects on triglycerides as well and is MOA of action on inflammation that i mentioned. While that doesnt make my top 4 i can at least make an arguement for some as to why it might and how it works. With curcumin my issue is partially that there seems to be sooooo many different effects and then some papers support it and some dont.

Maybe i just dont know enough about curcumin however going through pubmed for last 10 years there is a lot of mixed data and then there was that guy who had to retract his cancer studies who i think was at MD anderson.

Id like to see some well done clinical trials. I believe there are some in the works but i dont follow it that closely. everyone on this board should be able to tell if a trial was well done.

I wrote my post out without even thinking properly and I totally forgot about fish oil. That is up there for me as well. As I go through most of the year consuming next to no fish I would have it in my top 4 list. I am just one person and things were obviously not done in a clinical setting but when I first added curcumin I noticed my CRP went right down (0.1). It's never high but I notice whenever I have it added in my CRP is always extremely low. I went awhile without curcumin in my supplements but have just added it back in. Another supplement I really like for general health with studies to back it up is garlic.

Your last post was spot on and guys see these lists and think they have to add it all in because everyone else uses x supplements. Now sure some supps are simply good for general health and are useful no matter someone's genetics or blood work. However you don't take vitamin d if your levels are high and you probably don't need to take fish oil if you eat oily fish 3 times per day. Although as you posted for most on a budget it's all about quality food and unless someone is in the sun all day they will most likely benefit greatly from adding in vitamin d (use blood work to adjust dosage).

For everything else just use your own blood work to decide what you need most. I have always used supplements that are good for the heart, cholesterol and bp as those are my main areas of concern and the only things that go out of range for me. If you blast and your cholesterol doesn't go too bad but not great then there is no need for a statin and many could benefit greatly from supps such as citrus bergamot and garlic etc. Now if those supps aren't enough someone may need to use something stronger. As I have gotten older I also keep my prostate in mind and supplement accordingly and I imagine most older guys would likely benefit from the same mindset.

Tread lightly if you like getting high at all and have an addictive personality. I’m guilty of both.

I had an on again off again relationship with red Bali Kratom for a few years. In the beginning it would be 5 or 6 half gram capsules in the evening once I was home for the night. Few months down the road it would be 100 half gram capsules and then 20 more an hour after that and then 20 more another hour later.

Kratom is the only thing I’ve ever been physically addicted to and it was not fun coming off them. I detoxed for about two weeks before finally starting to feel normal again.

Don’t eat that gas station shit by the way. It’s usually garbage. Either order it online or check out your local head shops. They usually carry multiple brands of quality stuff and can steer you in the right direction for what strain you should go with for what kind of affect you’re after.

Thanks for the info bro nvm :ROFLMAO: Sounds like it's out for me... I have an addictive personality.

small list.
vitamin D
vitamin K
magnesium
fish oil

Another thing about fish oil, if any of you guys ever have floaties in your vision, fish oil knocks it out and makes it non-existent for me, age related for me but can be other causes.

Interesting, it's sorta up my alley. I'm just anxious of authenticity, etc. I don't wanna buy that shit in a gas station lol Interesting that you use it preworkout, I'm currently on a caffeine fast and find I just don't care much for stims.

Not that I have this issue, but apparently useful for opioid addiction. Can't have that, now, can we?

Brother, white maeng da kratom would be perfect to use preworkout if you’re taking a caffeine break. Even green would be good. Some gas stations in my area carry quality stuff that you would find online just a little more expensive. One tip I would give for guys like us using the first time is to take quite a bit more than the recommended dose. If you dose it as recommended for normal people I believe you would be disappointed. And the only negative side affect I’ve found from taking too much is a little nausea and upset stomach. Nothing major.

For me, the two best benefits of kratom are the major uptick in positive sense of well-being and it’s the best at curbing my appetite. I’ve done intermittent fasting for years and it makes it easy. Most people eat an hour after using it. And it does seem to boost the mental effects a little bit if you do that. But I always take on empty stomach and don’t eat after for several hours. I’m normally starving 24/7 if I don’t use kratom.

Brother, white maeng da kratom would be perfect to use preworkout if you’re taking a caffeine break. Even green would be good. Some gas stations in my area carry quality stuff that you would find online just a little more expensive. One tip I would give for guys like us using the first time is to take quite a bit more than the recommended dose. If you dose it as recommended for normal people I believe you would be disappointed. And the only negative side affect I’ve found from taking too much is a little nausea and upset stomach. Nothing major.
I agree that a small dose of kratom gives excellent steady energy for several hours. BUT please take care to not replace one addiction with a potentially worse one. Use on non-consecutive days keeps tolerance and dependence away for many people. Not trying to sound like a fear monger but some people do develop dependency on the compound. It's not terribly common but it does happen.

For me, the two best benefits of kratom are the major uptick in positive sense of well-being and it’s the best at curbing my appetite. I’ve done intermittent fasting for years and it makes it easy. Most people eat an hour after using it. And it does seem to boost the mental effects a little bit if you do that. But I always take on empty stomach and don’t eat after for several hours. I’m normally starving 24/7 if I don’t use kratom.
It does kill appetite for sure. Be sure to stay hydrated when using it as well.

Whats your recommended dose for a morning pre workout? I tried Kratos once at a 2gm dose and ended up being very nauseous.. almost to a point of vomiting.
I'm willing to try it again but this time using this forums advice as a guide.

Im sure somebody has said this in the previous posts. But, please stay away from kratom if its not needed. It will start out that you will say, i will only use it on days i lift. Eventually it will get to the point where you are using every day, just like any other opiate. Trust me, ive had 5 surgeries on my leg and one on my back, ive been down that road with both pain meds and kratom. Ive been clean for over a year now and my life continues to get better all the time.

Vit. D3
Fish oil
True nutrition team skip protein blend
EAA's
Synthetine

Poliquin's Foundational Five

Multi-vitamin/mineral
Vitamin D
Magnesium
Fish Oil
Probiotics

Is ubiquinol a lot better than regular co Q10? I hadn’t even heard of it before.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws