over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

3 sets =20 sets

Drago

Registered
is it right that you can do the same muscle damage with 3 sets with high intensity that with 20 sets with moderate intensity ?

Scientifically speaking, not sure.

You can destroy the muscle with 1 working set if its done to failure and beyond.

Rest pause, super sets, negatives, drop sets, static holds.

I get great results doing this which I first learned from
Mike Mentzer and Yates.

I eventually go back to more sets - and then go back to the one set to
failure.

For me - it does hit my system hard from the maximum weights and
rest pause.

I know that scientifically, you can create about the same muscle damage doing high rep sets to failure as you can from heavy low rep sets to failure. There will be a different activation pattern that teh muscle fibers will be recruited, but in the end, you will draw on the muscle fibers available to elicit the contraction.

What will be different in the amount of metabolic stress and the mechanical tension. With the heavier weights, you have more mechanical tension, but in the lighter weights, you will produce more metabolic stress.

Now, whether those concepts can be extrapolated to different set schemes, I do not know. But I do not feel it will be the same, as 20 sets taken to failure versus 3 sets taken to failure is very very wide difference. If you said 3 sets of using a heavy weight for low reps to failure (say 6 reps) and contrasted that with 3 sets using a much lighter weight but failing in the 25-30 rep range, I would say the amount of muscular damage would be similar, but the other factors for hypertrophy would be varied

3 sets for one body part sounds like a pretty short workout, doesn't matter how intense they are.

3 sets for one body part sounds like a pretty short workout, doesn't matter how intense they are.

What if you hit that muscle 4 times per week with varying intensities, different rep schemes, different protocols and different techniques?

This changes things... The "workout" for that bodypart is not completed in one day, but over a longer period of time. So while you are not doing a ton of work in one day, over a week, you are.

And what about DC training? After warming up, one set per bodypart (with 3 failure points)

Context matters :)

Last edited:
Never said it's not effective. Just said you are in and out of the gym quick.

Never said it's not effective. Just said you are in and out of the gym quick.

If you just hit one body part it would be real quick. Obviously 2-3+ would create a longer workout.

If you do 3 sets per body part every few hours, sure.

I personally feel there is "more" to growth than just muscle damage...increasing blood flow to the muscles allowing nutrients to be delivered to the muscles. I think there are benefits to making that exposure to blood flow and nutrients LONGER.

And guys, this is old news but...yates didnt do 3 or less sets, he did several warm up sets for each exercise then 1-2 sets to failure. And he was already huge as fuck when he changed to that, allowing him to use obscene poundages thus creating damage quicker. If you total up his total sets he was still doing 8-10 sets and they were not light, just werent pushed beyond failure

What if you hit that muscle 4 times per week with varying intensities, different rep schemes, different protocols and different techniques?

This changes things... The "workout" for that bodypart is not completed in one day, but over a longer period of time. So while you are not doing a ton of work in one day, over a week, you are.

And what about DC training? After warming up, one set per bodypart (with 3 failure points)

Context matters :)

This is my style of training, once I started working out this way, I never looked back. Best results by far

This is my style of training, once I started working out this way, I never looked back. Best results by far

If you like this, I strongly suggest fortitude training. Harmless plug lol but I love it! Well during the sessions I hate it and want to throw a dumbbell at Scott Stevenson, but afterwards I feel pretty accomplished... As well as dead ass tired.

It is a very thorough ebook and has a lot of rationale and science as to how the program came about. $20 very very well spent

If you like this, I strongly suggest fortitude training. Harmless plug lol but I love it! Well during the sessions I hate it and want to throw a dumbbell at Scott Stevenson, but afterwards I feel pretty accomplished... As well as dead ass tired.

It is a very thorough ebook and has a lot of rationale and science as to how the program came about. $20 very very well spent

I'm on the same thing! Did 1 day of tier 2 then was like fuck I going back to 1 until I build my capacity up. (Also cruise doses don't do well for tier 2 lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity