over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

3 Weeks out from first NPC show

Massondeck

Registered
Hey fellow PM members, I need some input on a couple questions. So I'm going to be 3 weeks out from my comp on April 5th as of tomorrow. I'm having a problem losing the back fat. I realize that it's what usually comes off last. I was 7 point calipered at 4.28 % bodyfat but I know Im not that lean. I'm more like 5.5-6.5. My waist is 28 7/8 and I bought shorts for Mens Physique for 28 inch waist. When I put them on they look great, but from the back, my back fat hangs over a little bit and that will look bad on stage. I really like these boardshorts and I dont want to use my 30'' ones. My back fat is calipered at 8 mm and im trying to get it down to 3 mm. Do you believe 3 weeks is enough, if so how much cardio should I be doing.

I take Yohimbine HCL and use a neoprene waist wrap to increase the blood flow to my adipocytes like stubborn parts (lower back, lower ab). Should I up my cardio to twice a day? I do low intensity for 40 minutes fasted.

If you need to do THAT much cardio then you started your prep too late.
I would consider too use Clen and T3 if your not doing that already. But if you do this, then make sure that you stay on it till contest day. Don't stop them a couple days before your contest.

Everything on my body is insanely shredded, even my glutes. Its just the lowerback fat I'm having trouble with.

I'm on T3, I can't handle clen, its so strong for me because of my anxiety.

This photo was taken 3 weeks ago, so I am leaner now.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 823
If your glutes are shredded, your backfat is just water.

Your lean but I would not call that shredded!
Closer to 7%, You look like me on my bulker! LOL
Might be to much water? if that's 5%

personally i think you're in good shape with 3 weeks to go. I compete in BB and have regularly had concerns about my back fat with 3 weeks to go and it always works out ok. the stress alone the last few weeks will help you burn off the last bit.

also, i've seen WAY too many guys worry they are not perfect and end up not competing. don't do this! compete no matter what, you've done the work, you deserve it. and NOTHING will be more valuable and motivating going forward than getting that first show under your belt.

cut those carbs, work hard on the weights, don't get caught up in the sodium nonsense and OWN it bro!

edit: also I like your cardio where it is, maybe next weekend do cardio twice and saturday and three times on sunday, it's a chris aceto trick that WORKS, but only do it once, it'll be good for a half percent drop in bodyfat in a weekend.

Last edited:
Why not try and surprise the body? Instead of your low intensity cardio split it into interval cardio. Your body will ve like wtf!! Just an idea :)

You look perfect for men's physique. If you get any leaner the judges will mark you down. I like your choice in board shorts. Very cool color! You have the beach body look judges want. You should do very well. Good luck at your show! ;)

You look perfect for men's physique. If you get any leaner the judges will mark you down. I like your choice in board shorts. Very cool color! You have the beach body look judges want. You should do very well. Good luck at your show! ;)

GOood luck at your show tomorrow !!!!

GOood luck at your show tomorrow !!!!

Thanks, its April 5th though.

Also in that picture I have no pumped up body parts so I look bigger when I do pump up shoulders, chest and back.

If I theoretically up my cardio to twice a day for 40 min is that ok? Im crusin and if i lose some muscle i won't really care because I'm on the upper side for size. I could see myself getting docked for bigger arms and chest. Id rather be leaner.

Also can anyone comment on their opinion on fat loading vs carb loading and if combined is better then another. So much conflicting opinions. I am very carb sensitive, if i eat 300-315+ grams of carbs a day, my abs significantly become less visible. Im at like 200-230 a day.

Last edited:

Thanks for the comment brother. Yeah, they are like a neon red. I got a little shorter so you could see a tad of my tear drops because mine are well developed. even though they don't judge on that. It still gives the appear of an more aesthetic physique and makes my torso look longer.

Can't wait to kill it on the stage.

Your lean but I would not call that shredded!
Closer to 7%, You look like me on my bulker! LOL
Might be to much water? if that's 5%

Yes but you are a freak of nature so you don't count.

I thought they were making the switch to compression shorts this year...what happened? Would much rather separate the guys who work legs hard, from the guys that don't.

Yes but you are a freak of nature so you don't count.

Just constructive critasysem, but really 4 1/2%.?
I'm buying some board shorts then too.

I thought they were making the switch to compression shorts this year...what happened? Would much rather separate the guys who work legs hard, from the guys that don't.

I really like the compression shorts look. I wish I lived in the UK.:mad:

You are closer to 9% and not even anywhere near shredded dude. Need to diet for longer if you want to get rid of back fat

Have you tried ephedrine? I can't take clen either, but ephedrine/yohimbine/caffeine has been very effective. The caffeine caused some jitters at first, but that passed in about a week. Good luck.

Sent using Tapatalk

I'm a national level MP competitor but no guru by any means!

I'd lower the carbs and add 20 min cardio PWO. You look great by the way! Keep it up! For what it's worth, I NEVER felt "ready" for any of my shows but it's all in your head, just do the show and have fun with it. Don't take competing to seriously!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws