over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

3 weeks to go

Nice and thick! Awesome progress, offseason work paid huge dividends.

Shelby, it's been great watching your progress! you're looking really awesome! can't wait to see the final product! it'll be fantastic, no doubt!

PS, stay outta your own head! ;)

Thanks everyone else for the positive comments as well. As a competitive athlete I'm pretty hard on myself and tend to focus only on what I need to improve.. so it's nice to hear the good stuff too.

Shelby, you help inspire and motivate me so often (and help me keep my head on straight during prep); now it's my turn to give you some encouragement. :D

As you've told me, we need to be hard on ourselves in order to bring out best to the stage. Just remember how far you've come and how hard you've worked. You look FANTASTIC, and the changes are obvious each week. The end is in sight - you're gonna kick some butt on stage!! ::ction-sm

Nice and thick! Awesome progress, offseason work paid huge dividends.

Thanks bud!

Shelby, it's been great watching your progress! you're looking really awesome! can't wait to see the final product! it'll be fantastic, no doubt!

PS, stay outta your own head! ;)

Shelby, you help inspire and motivate me so often (and help me keep my head on straight during prep); now it's my turn to give you some encouragement. :D

As you've told me, we need to be hard on ourselves in order to bring out best to the stage. Just remember how far you've come and how hard you've worked. You look FANTASTIC, and the changes are obvious each week. The end is in sight - you're gonna kick some butt on stage!! ::ction-sm

Thanks for the support ladies :)

you are a great trainer and prep guy, so what do you think of your physique at the 3 week mark?
do you feel you are right on schedule (i think you mentioned you did)
is this the leanest you have been?
what is different in the way you look THIS time at 3 weeks out than last time at 3 weeks out?

i ask all this cuz i am bout to do my next show and i keep comparing myself to last year at "x" weeks out. -STEELE

Tough question. I don't think it's all that wise to compare yourself to previous years, depending on the circumstances. I'm quite a bit bigger than I have been before, partially due to making good gains in the offseason and partially due to a little wiser prepping this year.. but I've been leaner at 3 weeks out in the past, when I competed at the 2007 Jr. Nationals. I was only 183 then though (12 or so pounds lighter than I am now) and I HAD to make the middleweight class for that show so I pushed very hard to make sure I could make weight. I probably lost a bit of muscle in the process, but I ended up very, very lean. Probably the leanest guy in my class, but not the fullest or thickest at all.
This year I'm not killing myself to make a weight class, so I'm not quite as lean at 3 weeks out. I will still be in great shape, and very dry onstage as usual. I should be fuller (and obviously bigger) than ever before too.

Will I be 100%?

Who knows... are we ever 100%?

It's a maddening question... one that's been bugging me lately. It's just that point in the prep though, when it's hard to see things very objectively.

It's not easy to prep yourself... no wonder people hire someone else to do it for them :D

Every year I get a little closer to my 100% though, and that's about all I can really ask for.

a pic from this morning with different lighting.

Attachments

• 4-21-09 195.6 001 - Copy.JPG
    4-21-09 195.6 001 - Copy.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 229
should end up pretty similar to this, but about 12 pounds bigger:

Attachments

• QW5Q7938_OAIBDMTBQX.jpg
    QW5Q7938_OAIBDMTBQX.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 158
It will be interesting to see what happens, Shelby.

You are looking pretty good right there.... I agree it's a dilemma regarding the conditioning or size thing. Ideally a guy shows up with both, but I have never been able to pull that off. If I show up less that super hard....I get beat. In the end ... I guess it's showing up how YOU think you look best, right?

So if you are trying to show up full at this one....at least you'll be able to compare your look and decide what YOU like best.

You've done well. :)

I think your in a good place right now. From what i can tell it looks like your just holding some water.....so it will be intesting to see what happens once you drop that.

Either way....big improvements which is what this game is all about.

You are looking pretty good right there.... I agree it's a dilemma regarding the conditioning or size thing. Ideally a guy shows up with both, but I have never been able to pull that off. If I show up less that super hard....I get beat. In the end ... I guess it's showing up how YOU think you look best, right?

So if you are trying to show up full at this one....at least you'll be able to compare your look and decide what YOU like best.

You've done well. :)

I think your in a good place right now. From what i can tell it looks like your just holding some water.....so it will be intesting to see what happens once you drop that.

Either way....big improvements which is what this game is all about.

Thanks guys. I still have some fat to lose, but sodium is very high now (over 10 grams a day) too.... with a couple more weeks of dieting plus the final week water and electrolyte manipulations, I should end up where I need to be.

Thanks guys. I still have some fat to lose, but sodium is very high now (over 10 grams a day) too.... with a couple more weeks of dieting plus the final week water and electrolyte manipulations, I should end up where I need to be.

Shelby, can you let me know your thinking behind the high sodium? cheers

Shelby, can you let me know your thinking behind the high sodium? cheers

Unless a client has issues with hypertension I always recommend keeping sodium fairly high, both in the offseason as well as precontest (or just general dieting).

Sodium is an essential nutrient and is required for muscle contraction, glycogen storage, nutrient transport, and a host of other important body functions.

By keeping it (as well as water) high thru the diet, your body will become more efficient at processing it... so when you make the final week manipulations (lowering sodium, etc.) you'll get an even greater effect had you not kept sodium high in the first place.

Unless a client has issues with hypertension I always recommend keeping sodium fairly high, both in the offseason as well as precontest (or just general dieting).

Sodium is an essential nutrient and is required for muscle contraction, glycogen storage, nutrient transport, and a host of other important body functions.

By keeping it (as well as water) high thru the diet, your body will become more efficient at processing it... so when you make the final week manipulations (lowering sodium, etc.) you'll get an even greater effect had you not kept sodium high in the first place.

that makes total sense, thanks a lot mate.

I have a feeling that you're going to be right no the money. You have a lot of experience, so you won't fall apart from nerves, you also have a plan in place and are focused on what you want.

Apart from that, I can tell that those quads are going to be extra dry.

Can't wait to see how it turns out.

So no one's going to say anything about this one? Well I can't let it go un-noticed... Bro, is your bathroom pink? WTF?

-pink walls
-flowery shower curtain
-butterfly on the waste basket
-naked male ass

what's your point?

-pink walls
-flowery shower curtain
-naked male ass

what's your point?

Not bad for a middleweight.:D

-pink walls
-flowery shower curtain
-naked male ass

what's your point?

I pictured you as a camo bathroom kind of dude w/ mounted deer heads above the john. That's all... :D

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear