over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

3 weeks to show

Fat loss

ezekiel2320 said:
primagal you can do it.
<snip>
here are the numbers is you want 'em

you can ideally lose 2.5 pounds of body fat.
if you did that for the next 3 weeks you would weigh 118.5
if you don' t lose any muscle in the process that would put you at about 7%

now this is all mathmatical and not necessarily the way it'll happen

I agree with the last comment. 2.5 lb of fat in a week equates to about 8750 kcal caloric deficit or 1250 kcal deficit / day. If you are weighing 126lb and have been dieting, your total caloric exenditure for a day is probably only around 1500-1750 kcal. This means you would only eat 250-500 kcal / day. This also assumes that your body only derives its needed calories from fat stores AND that your metabolism doesn't drop in the bucket when you start this.

The above can be done, but you're gonna lose a shitload of muscle. To create that kind of rate of fat loss you're going to have to lose at least a pound of muscle for each pound of fat. At least. Use T3 to maintain metabolic rate and you're gonna lose even more muscle and prob. make your muscle / fat loss ratio even worse.

I agree with the comments that you might want to look for a different show, if your goal is to come in at 6-7%. It is good to go through with what you said you would do, but if this is your first show, and its an NPC show (even if not a national qualifier), you'll probably not have the greatest experience b/c you'll be very unhappy r.e. your condition compared to the other competitors. If this is a natural show, it sounds like you'd be breaking the rules, but, given some of the natural shows I've seen, you might well be the leanest woman on stage at 10%.

-Randy

I am a woman....lol. Sorry for not saying so. I am taking anavar (7.5 mg/day). I took primo depot for 8 weeks at 100 mlg/week. I do have muscle though, I am not some string bean, I am just worried about the ab area and butt. YOu can see my 6 pack, but my skin is not tight. I really don't know what to do...thanks for all of your help

well it last minute, but try getting some nolva or provirn, also try using some aldactone the last week before the show, and 1 dyazide the night before.

I really would have upped the var dose to around 15mg a day. But dont do it now. Try switching to all turkey meals the last week of the show. Turkey is less estrogenic then chicken. Like steak helmet said, wish u would have came on these boards sooner. Good luck in your show. :)

Unfortunately your a little behind. Thats OK. Why not do the show as a growing experience and then pick another show 4-6 weeks later. Don't know if its been touched on but doing cardio 6 days per week for only 40 min. isn't much at all. Hell, my fat ass has to do about 45 min to 60 min 2 x's per day 6 days per week. Up your cardio, do more supersets and giant sets to burn more calories and rotate your carbs. 3 low days with 1 med. carb up day. Works very well if you stick to it. Also the nolva would help.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

I would like to add that I have a guy competing in a few weeks as well. We have had a tough time figuring out what works for him. As of the past 3 weeks, he has lost 4% bf and put on 4 pounds of muscle. Hopefully he'll be ready for his show.

Last edited:
I say "Go for it!" Don't look back and just do your best. What can it hurt? You can always post your pics here 2 or 3 days before the show and if you want us to, we can tell you whether you look awful, or not. Who knows, you may look fantastic. A tight diet and two one hour sessions of cardio per day can do wonders. You CAN doooo it!

Primalgal,

Sorry, I didnt realize you are a girl...LOL Anyway, at 12.5% bf your a little behind... I would say, if you want to do show go ahead and do it ,but if you dont do as well as you like... Keep dieting for a another show 4-8 weeks later.

Best of luck,\

chris

mainevent said:
Unfortunately your a little behind. Thats OK. Why not do the show as a growing experience and then pick another show 4-6 weeks later. Don't know if its been touched on but doing cardio 6 days per week for only 40 min. isn't much at all. Hell, my fat ass has to do about 45 min to 60 min 2 x's per day 6 days per week.

OMG that is a TON of cardio.

I didn't realize some guys had to do that much to get in contest shape.

Crowler:: Your right, thats a shitload of cardio. But since Im a little lazy in the offseason its what I have to do.

Actually I increase up to that pretty quickly when my calories are still high. Then about 6 weeks out I start to drop it a little since everything is kicking in and focus more on supersets for the extra calorie burn and to preserve muscle as much as possible.

So far, each time I diet for a show this way I get down to around 3.5-4.5% bf and always gain around 10 lbs of muscle. Gotta stick to what works.

Now if I could just be that focused in the offseason I could quit spinning my wheels........lol.

POSING ROUTINE????

How elaborate should an NPC posing routine be?? I am clueless on this. HEEEELLLP
I AM DOWN TO 7%!!!!!!

At this point - just record your music along with a practice copy. Just put together a cominatination of them, focusing on the ones that highlight your physique.

Pointers:
1) NEVER START WITH YOUR BACK TO THE CROWD - no matter how good your back is.
2) Use one of the poses to start off routine that really highlights good aspects of your body.
3) Don't worry about not having a fancy routine - I've seen guys that COULD NOT POSE that looked great and still placed (trophied)!
4) Practice your routine so you can do it in your sleep.

xcel

The show is judged in the morning. So your routine really doesn't matter much. The evening show is for the audience.

That may be true. But her metabolism is probably much faster now at 7% than what it was at say 14%.

When I was very overweight, I had to do more cardio. But as I dropped BF, I had to do less cardio, because my metabolism increased.

As a person gets to say, 8-10% and they want to maintain that during the offseason (we're talking a male bodybuilder here...yes I know primagirl is not a male, but bear with me), they can actually do much less cardio and still burn high calories compared to someone who is sitting at 25% and who's metabolism is slower and thus they have to do more cardio.

So, 6 days a week at 40 min. IS a lot of cardio. As an example, I was at 28% at one time, and with basically a strict precontest diet for around 25 weeks, I went from 28% to 14% and lost 50lbs. That was with 4 days a week @ 45min. a day cardio. I then actually dropped my cardio down a bit (to around 3 days @ 30), and still maintained steady weight loss...

If you have to do that much cardio to lose weight than:

a) You're an endomorph with a very slow metabolism and you're probably very overweight

b) You're just simply very overweight and your metabolism is slow.

or

c) your diet is completely off.

I'm not talking about you personally, I'm just being theoritical. :)

mainevent said:
Don't know if its been touched on but doing cardio 6 days per week for only 40 min. isn't much at all. Hell, my fat ass has to do about 45 min to 60 min 2 x's per day 6 days per week.

Last edited:
or she just didnt follow the diet she was given!..

disagree

Below10% is very lean for a woman. Stick with your plan and do the show.
Good luck
KnuckleHed

Thanks for the help guys. I have a few more questions...for the last week(show on saturday) what should I be eating?? What should my carbs be at and should I sodium deplete? Thanks!!

Primagal

Just curious how you dropped your BF from 12.5% to 7% within 9 days? I never seen anyone drop that fast. I can't see how that can be posssible.

hold up

i was going to ask the same thing 7% in 9 days hell thats better than a muscle tech add!lol

Can you post some pics??

That would help a lot here. We are not doubting you trained and dieted hard, but we are just curious to see.

Glad to see this happen...

So 12% to 7% in 9 days is damn near impossible. The error in skinfolds (was this how this was done?...) ranges from what amounts to 3 - 5% BF (depends on method and equation used lets assume 3% here), meaning that to 95% sure about a value (scientific standard), you have to go out 2 x/ this value in either direction and provide a range: ± 6% or a range og 12% BF around the calucluated value:

If the meas. come to 12% BF, I can say "with 95% certainty that your BF% is between 6% and 18%."

In the hands of an experiences person, the skinfolds cab be very reliable (different than accurate), meaning you get a very simimlar value when the meas. is repeated.

Who did you skinfolds, PG?...

-Randy

P.S. PrincesBicep. Interesting idea r.e. increased metabolic rate as you become leaner. Have you substantiated this with morning temperature values?... This idea would run against anything I have ever read / heard / seen r.e. body fat homeostasis. Maybe you were taking more thermos as you got leaner?.. Figured out what kind of diet worked best for you?... Were adjusting your kcal unknowingly?... (Dieting is easier when you are leaner - you see the results, untill of course you're really lean and suffering pitifully... 8^) )

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member