advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

3 Years of AAS. What I Learned Before Coming Off.

• Thread starter Deleted member 106824
  • Start date
I agree, that played a large part and is also part of why, once I did finally have legit gear and blasted and cruised I netted 12lb that year. The following year though (final time on gear) I really only netted a few more pounds on top of that. It's similar to noob training gains, you will get great results the first year or two that things are done correctly and then things will largely taper off.

Genetics are a huge part of that, as well as other factors like you mentioned. I have always been a good athlete and strong for my size but in terms of muscle growth I am probably below average so it will depend on the individual. My main points here are 1.) Don't expect anything insane unless you use AAS for many years, and often other things like GH, insulin, etc are needed if you want to get freaky and 2.) more importantly, all the health aspects I touched on.

This is not completely true - there are many aspects to keep growth coming. Most of which beginners don't understand. You obviously can't grow linearly, it just isn't possible.

But how much did you really know about compound rotation? Knowing when to lower doses, when and how to increase doses and add new compounds, knowing when your insulin sensitivity was going out of line, when to cut weight to trigger more growth etc.

Unfortunately this takes years of work and can be different for each individual. This can be reduced with a good trainer etc but if you use properly with the right instruction you can make significant year to year changes for a number of years before you plateau/don't want to up the gear any more.

more importantly, all the health aspects I touched on.

That's really the key point IMO. so many guys go on AAS just looking for a shortcut and like to play down the effect that AAS will have on their health just because a few bros online said it would be all good. The heart problems you already mentioned are the biggest risk imo because they often go undetected and theyre largely unavoidable while actually blasting (rumor has it that the heart will return to a healthy state during a cruise if you spend enough time at a low dosage but I havent had my own scans done yet).

One thing I would add is giving up alcohol is bullshit and unproductive. Granted, drinking is hardly productive, but killing your social life only hurts you. I started lifting/taking gear (not simultaneously, obviously) at the same time with three friends. Two gave up drinking and pretty much didn't do anything outside the gym. The others, including myself, stuck to diet mixed drinks with the occasional beer. News flash: I MADE THE MOST PROGRESS OUT OF ALL OF THEM. Granted, I am somewhat of a freak of nature when it comes to gear (virtually zero sides, extremely minimal PCT response was excellent).

Also, I would say more is not always better. At one point, I was doing 1400mg of test prop and a little over a gram of tren ace per week. I didn't get any better results than if I took almost half that amount of tren and a quarter of that amount of test... Apart from getting into fights at bars all the time. Lol.

You know some of us can actually go out and have a social life without alcohol...

Your last line doesn't help your point at all, just shows your maturity level IMO. Sounds like your friends that stopped drinking with you, were actually lucky and staying out of trouble huh?

To each their own IMO, I do think too many people hop onto the gear game thinking it's going to be sunshine, lollipops with rainbows mixed in, then they abuse shit ton of test, GH, tren ect, have health issues and blame the roids when it was their own stupidity for the abuse. You play with fire, it's only a matter of time before you get burned. And yet the funny thing is, I still see people on this very board that complained about major health issues then still abusing. There's many of people on here that have serious addiction issues, not just to roids, but to many other things, yet somehow roids gets blasted before the other shit they abuse

That's really the key point IMO. so many guys go on AAS just looking for a shortcut and like to play down the effect that AAS will have on their health just because a few bros online said it would be all good. The heart problems you already mentioned are the biggest risk imo because they often go undetected and theyre largely unavoidable while actually blasting (rumor has it that the heart will return to a healthy state during a cruise if you spend enough time at a low dosage but I havent had my own scans done yet).

That rumor depends on
1) the individual's genetics
2) how bad his heart was damaged in the first place (once it gets really bad, you're screwed)
3) his nutrition and support supps regimen (NEVER eat sugar...EVER)

All 3 are equally important. I reversed heart damage through both surgery (sucked) and nutrition/support supps.

Last edited:
You know some of us can actually go out and have a social life without alcohol...

Your last line doesn't help your point at all, just shows your maturity level IMO. Sounds like your friends that stopped drinking with you, were actually lucky and staying out of trouble huh?

To each their own IMO, I do think too many people hop onto the gear game thinking it's going to be sunshine, lollipops with rainbows mixed in, then they abuse shit ton of test, GH, tren ect, have health issues and blame the roids when it was their own stupidity for the abuse. You play with fire, it's only a matter of time before you get burned. And yet the funny thing is, I still see people on this very board that complained about major health issues then still abusing. There's many of people on here that have serious addiction issues, not just to roids, but to many other things, yet somehow roids gets blasted before the other shit they abuse

This is extremely unfair. There is a monumental difference between a social event for a 22 year old and a social event for a guy in his 40s that involves married couples and/or kids. The later doesn't require alcohol to have fun. The former will be miserable without alcohol if the person has tons of friends. You can't have fun in a club sober unless some girl is all over you.

I used to get drunk all the time, and honestly those were the greatest memories of my life. Now, I barely drink as I've gotten older and the social scene isn't as fun. I just can't handle hangovers and I worry more about health now, plus the monotony of that lifestyle got old after all those years.

This is extremely unfair. There is a monumental difference between a social event for a 22 year old and a social event for a guy in his 40s that involves married couples and/or kids. The later doesn't require alcohol to have fun. The former will be miserable without alcohol if the person has tons of friends. You can't have fun in a club sober unless some girl is all over you.

I used to get drunk all the time, and honestly those were the greatest memories of my life. Now, I barely drink as I've gotten older and the social scene isn't as fun. I just can't handle hangovers and I worry more about health now, plus the monotony of that lifestyle got old after all those years.

I disagree, I've never been much of a drinker and from 19-22 I used go out often with friends to clubs and the like and rarely got drunk. I would agree it's not as fun without the drinking but it's still plenty of fun for me. Although a big caveat here is that my friends would get drunk and I definitely get somewhat of a psychological "buzz" being around them, even if drinking little to none, which makes it more fun. Also I won't hook up with any girls who are drunk, just kind of as a moral code thing, but have been with many girls while out who are actually smart enough to hold a conversation. Actually, while I would generally just go out to have fun if going out with friends, I met many more women than they did while they were just drunkingly talking each other up lol so if one is going out for women then I don't see any reason to get hammered. Just don't be scummy by going for drunk girls :rolleyes:

Could you briefly state why you believe any sugar is problematic with heart issues?

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree, I've never been much of a drinker and from 19-22 I used go out often with friends to clubs and the like and rarely got drunk. I would agree it's not as fun without the drinking but it's still plenty of fun for me. Although a big caveat here is that my friends would get drunk and I definitely get somewhat of a psychological "buzz" being around them, even if drinking little to none, which makes it more fun. Also I won't hook up with any girls who are drunk, just kind of as a moral code thing, but have been with many girls while out who are actually smart enough to hold a conversation. Actually, while I would generally just go out to have fun if going out with friends, I met many more women than they did while they were just drunkingly talking each other up lol so if one is going out for women then I don't see any reason to get hammered. Just don't be scummy by going for drunk girls :rolleyes:

Could you briefly state why you believe any sugar is problematic with heart issues?

I respect what you said in your first paragraph

As for sugar, it's 10x more addicting than cocaine and heroin, speeds up aging, causes heart disease, and that is just to name a few. Sure one time won't kill you, but that once time makes you want it again, and it's such a poison that I swore it off for good. It's just not worth it.

Unless a chick is blacked out or incoherent, there's no moral issue with hooking up with drunk girls. It's not like they don't know what they are doing or will literally fuck anyone at that point. A girl being drunk is usually just be the difference between her hooking up with a guy she was attracted to anyways.

Usually those same chicks turned down a ton of other guys the very same night

If it's a matter of just being turned off by complete sloppiness when you're not on that "level", I get that... but we're talking alcohol, not the date rape drug.

If you go to a bar/club... almost every girl is gonna be drunk, even if they're not sloppy. You have the occasional sober driver or the girl dragged out of the house by her friends who normally doesn't "club" or drink, but they are all drunk to some degree or another.

Ironically... I don't go to bars to pick up chicks for other reasons, but the point is both guys and girls go to bars with that usually being the #1 reason.

But do agree with you on not getting hammered if you DO wanna have a shot at actually meeting a girl lol... no chick wants a sloppy dude who is making an ass out of himself.

Unless a chick is blacked out or incoherent, there's no moral issue with hooking up with drunk girls. It's not like they don't know what they are doing or will literally fuck anyone at that point. A girl being drunk is usually just be the difference between her hooking up with a guy she was attracted to anyways.

Usually those same chicks turned down a ton of other guys the very same night

If it's a matter of just being turned off by complete sloppiness when you're not on that "level", I get that... but we're talking alcohol, not the date rape drug.

If you go to a bar/club... almost every girl is gonna be drunk, even if they're not sloppy. You have the occasional sober driver or the girl dragged out of the house by her friends who normally doesn't "club" or drink, but they are all drunk to some degree or another.

Ironically... I don't go to bars to pick up chicks for other reasons, but the point is both guys and girls go to bars with that usually being the #1 reason.

But do agree with you on not getting hammered if you DO wanna have a shot at actually meeting a girl lol... no chick wants a sloppy dude who is making an ass out of himself.

haha agreed (not talking about you, Pumped). I laugh at the white knights who try to "take care" of drunk girls, thinking these girls would give them the time of day as soon as they sober up. It doesn't work like that. Unless a girl is throwing up and slurring her worlds, it's fair game if it's obvious she knows what she is doing.

Ok this got way off topic

Last edited:
I think people greatly misinterpreted or are just butthurt easily about what I said.

I said don't give up alcohol. At no point did I say YOU HAVE TO GO HAM EVERY WEEKEND OR ELSE. If drinking ain't your thing, that's fine. I didn't drink until I was 21. I definitely do get drunk occasionally, but I don't compete or anything either. I'm saying don't give up a social life for the sake of bodybuilding.

That being said, I'm 27 and live in Austin. Austin consumes more alcohol than any other city in the U.S. and Canada... And we have less than a million people here. It would be close to impossible to avoid alcohol (or at least tagging along to the bars) and have a social life. I have a bodybuilding friend who doesn't drink and moved here. He had so much trouble making any friends because he was adamant about avoiding bars that he moved back. It's just our culture here.

My long-time girlfriend is also supportive of me on the condition that I don't shut down my social life for bodybuilding as well. She's a smoking hot Latina who is also an engineer from a prominent university who doesn't do any drugs at all and loves hanging out with the guys -- I'm not going to find anyone better for me. Not all of us can meet partners that are totally cool with us being hermits and are into lifting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I respect what you said in your first paragraph

As for sugar, it's 10x more addicting than cocaine and heroin, speeds up aging, causes heart disease, and that is just to name a few. Sure one time won't kill you, but that once time makes you want it again, and it's such a poison that I swore it off for good. It's just not worth it.

there's no way this is true lol...

You must have gotten some bunk masteron if at a low bf % you didn't notice anything.

Sorry to hear about sticking with a bad sponsor... after reading so many different things, I have decided to make it a point to try out different sponsors and see whose gear I seem to get the best results and most "kick" from.

try reading the last eight or nine pages of forum thread on each sponsor you are interested in getting involved with. you can evaluate their reputation and whether they are MIA or keeping up their end of "an agreement."

communicating promptly WHEN there is a troublesome situation is the ethical thing for them to manage. it should be the first thing they do.

This information for satirical entertainment purposes. This is not meant to diagnose or treat medical issues.

Always use professionalmuscle.com sponsors.

...wasn't paying attention to direction thread took.

forgot to mention never get involved with a sponsor while drinking in Austin. they won't respect you in the morning.

This information for satirical entertainment purposes. This is not meant to diagnose or treat medical issues. Not meant to hurt anyone's feelings. No offense to population of Austin.

Attachments

• santa toilet copy.jpg
    santa toilet copy.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 273
That's actually a true fact! I'm not kidding! It's 9 or 10 times more addicting, I forget which.

have you ever heard of a sugar addict breaking into someone's house or pawning off their car for a $15 dollar hit?

because I haven't..

everyone I know who cuts sugar out of their diet doesn't miss it after a couple months of abstaining..

the heroin addicts I know are hooked for life, and its a constant struggle.

but I digress.. if it's a "true fact", then I guess im boned lol

That's actually a true fact! I'm not kidding! It's 9 or 10 times more addicting, I forget which.

I remember hearing this on "My 600-Pound Life." The doctor mentioned that. Only thing is that it's addicting only to those who are obese and rely on it for comfort, not usually the average person.

Well... What should be the average person anyway. That definition seems to be getting larger by the day. :/

Always use professionalmuscle.com sponsors.

...wasn't paying attention to direction thread took.

forgot to mention never get involved with a sponsor while drinking in Austin. they won't respect you in the morning.

This information for satirical entertainment purposes. This is not meant to diagnose or treat medical issues. Not meant to hurt anyone's feelings. No offense to population of Austin.

I'm from Austin, not OP. Haha.

I've come from 225 to 275 since I've moved here a little over 3 years ago. Pretty sure my gear isn't bunk or I have the best genetics ever. ;)

Great post! Thank you for taking the time to explain your thoughts! I can relate to your experience on many levels the past few years myself...

haha agreed (not talking about you, Pumped). I laugh at the white knights who try to "take care" of drunk girls, thinking these girls would give them the time of day as soon as they sober up. It doesn't work like that. Unless a girl is throwing up and slurring her worlds, it's fair game if it's obvious she knows what she is doing.

Ok this got way off topic

Ya, I mean... I'm TOTALLY 200% against guys "taking advantage" of girls that are incoherent, not awake, too drunk to stop what is happening, etc. That's one of the scummiest things a human being can do to another.

Unless a girl is in that state, she knows what she's doing.

Every hot girl gets hit on an approached MANY times in a night. They seem to be sober enough to reject the dudes they're not attracted to... that's not coincidence at all, they know the fuck they're doing lol. Girls will diss dudes they don't want to begin with and make it obvoius to look like they got class, and then hope nobody notices they left with some dude they met 2 hours ago later.

I hardly drink any more these days because it puts me back so far from my fitness goals and it's just not as fun... but I'm not gonna just go out for the sake of going out. Not fun to me being around drunks when you're sober lol.

I don't think it'll totally screw your fitness goals if you go out and have fun like that once every 3-5 weeks.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear