over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

30 second rest between sets with high volume for Mass

lol....what???

whatever you believe is what you believe....that's cool....

but what I'm saying is.....rep schemes and poundages are pretty
irrelevant when doing rest pause, drop sets.....30sec rests...

because that window of knowing...."OK, I know I can bench X amount
of weight for X amount of reps....so maybe i'll try for 1 or 2 more reps
this week" has gone out the window....the minimal rest approach is too
unpredictable to put numbers and values on the sets and reps....

muscle is built ALL KIND OF WAYS....

:cool:

Quote of the fucking year right here.

People are way too caught up with locking into a certain training style. The only training style you should focus on for maximum growth is a training style called hard as fuck.

And the diet should be called allota protein from whole food sources diet lol

lol....what???

whatever you believe is what you believe....that's cool....

but what I'm saying is.....rep schemes and poundages are pretty
irrelevant when doing rest pause, drop sets.....30sec rests...

because that window of knowing...."OK, I know I can bench X amount
of weight for X amount of reps....so maybe i'll try for 1 or 2 more reps
this week" has gone out the window....the minimal rest approach is too
unpredictable to put numbers and values on the sets and reps....

muscle is built ALL KIND OF WAYS....

Perfect quote at the end.

Dudes in the gym have experimented doing 1 set to doing 40 sets...allll of it works. Muscle is built all kinds of ways. The shit that IS interesting to me is newer and newer science to find out what optimal is.
Guys like Brad Schoenfeld, Allen Cress, JM, Mike Israetel (horrible physique but great mind), Jordan Peters and Dr. Scott Stevenson are finding the mix of bodybuilding know-how AND science to find the best way to train and make gains. I think we are just at the beginning of this emergence in training science and it's exciting to me.

By no means do I think we'll find something diamond in the rough variable that no one has ever thought about. But these guys are smart enough, experimented with themselves and their clients AND studied to science to find out what OPTIMAL is.

Been doing this all Summer!
10-15 set pyramids w- 30 sec breaks...
Chest 2-3 exercises, delts 2 exercises X 8 sets, same w- trize and bize x supers.
In and Out in an hour! Jacked!!!!
252lbs Today @ 6% and Tan as F""".
Lowered dose to 500 test e and 700 primo, 100 mast e and tren e.
4 iu hgh, 1 hour pre then 10 slin-R just prior.
Too Easy!!!!!

It Is All about knowing your body!
Just enough rest to catch your breath and let the lactic acid subside!
Varying reps and poundage's till Fully BLOWN!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_6799.JPG
    IMG_6799.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:

This is what I believe. Some days my body just seems to recover faster between sets than others. More rest, food the day before, etc??

I find that my body likes low reps and high volume....but I can't do it indefinitely. I then de-load and lower my volume but up my reps and really try to focus on the mind muscle connection. Couple weeks of this and back to my old routine.

I have been lifting for the better part of 15 years now and have determined, for my body type, that my best results come from when i focus on strict form, slow contracting movements, with minimal rest in between exercises. What does this mean?

Well my theory is that if you want to focus on strength and become a powerlifter, then you should give your muscles 3-5mins between each set so you can focus on your end-goal which is strength.

If your goal is size then the objective is to focus on doing exercises that focus the targeted muscle group with the "mind-muscle connection" being the most important thing. Well how do you measure this? The pump. Focus on pumping your muscles as much as possible in the shortest amount of time 30-60mins between sets max. It doesnt take a lot for your body to grow. You want to get to to the point where you feel your muscle fibers stretching so bad its painful, then contracting back again. It should feel like your fibers are ripping apart. Your muscles dont know what 55lb feels like, they know what the tension created by 55lbs feels like. Its how you load the muscles. You focus on strength, you lose. Focus on size through intensity and you win. You can drop the weight significantly and still lift more weight over a given amount of time by increasing intensity, and decreasing time between sets and your result is a more effective workout.

nice purple iPhone case...

Purple is my favourite colour. Although I like a dark purple. Concreter loves his light pinky purple but he is comfortable with his sexuality if you know what I mean :)

Regarding the thread I just read the last few posts but sure muscle can be built in so many different ways. It's not all just about lifting as heavy as possible (that is important though). It's about training as hard as possible using good form and well it's all common sense. Many people are close minded when it comes to training and think one size suits all. I use a variety of rep ranges and weights and the most important thing is I love training and have fun with it.

Nevertheless, I will state I don't think minimal rest and fast paced training is optimal to mass building. Yes it can work as any training style could if you train hard and eat right. However I definitely feel very basic and heavy lifting taking sensible rest between sets is a better approach for overall mass/thickness. That's not saying you can't include faster paced training from time to time. I like rotating my training and keep things relatively fresh.

If you want faster workouts you can warm up fast but once you get to those heavy weights it's best to take plenty of rest. Although I am not the type to do multiple sets with my heaviest weight and usually just do 1 (maybe 2) all out set putting 100% in it. Then of course you could do drop sets and no rest so the volume is there but the time is relatively short. No one should be resting 30 secs before their big set though. This is coming from someone is takes minimal rest too. I used to train and 30 secs was a long rest and I wasn't lifting light either just pushing the intensity. But again for ultimate growth I wouldn't be training like that. For looking good yes supersets, drop sets, giant sets etc I love to do and have been doing them a lot recently.

Last edited:

It's My Wifes....I still have a Flip phone!....[black]
Unbreakable and the battery lasts a week.
But, terrible photos and texting sucks....aaa, bbb...

God....I wish I still had my old Motorola flip phone. I have dropped that thing 30+ feet into tanks and it still work fine.

Plus I still can't text even with the "smart phones"!

If you only wait 30 seconds, your strength will be far less than if you waited several minutes. That’s exactly what you don’t want when trying to build new muscle.

sarcoplasmic hypertrophy is worked with volume/short amounts of rest.

LOL.....ME TOO.....!!!!!!!

Plus if I had facebook I would get in real trouble!!!
My wifey even looks in on here....No more Ass Thread either...lol

Just to give everyone an update my body is reacting very good to 30 sec rest between sets. Legs was amazing did 10 working sets and 2 warm up sets resting for 30 seconds. Legs had an intense pump and I was able to up the weight through about 5 sets then had to lower the reps from 10 to 8.

Overall I love it so far. Also bulking right now so this is a first as I have never bulked doing strictly keto diet and it’s amazing!

Plus if I had facebook I would get in real trouble!!!
My wifey even looks in on here....No more Ass Thread either...lol
LOL...you and I concreter...don't forget to clear your browser history...
Take care.
MS

Just to give everyone an update my body is reacting very good to 30 sec rest between sets. Legs was amazing did 10 working sets and 2 warm up sets resting for 30 seconds. Legs had an intense pump and I was able to up the weight through about 5 sets then had to lower the reps from 10 to 8.

Overall I love it so far. Also bulking right now so this is a first as I have never bulked doing strictly keto diet and it’s amazing!

It is strange, because I would say that this type of training is more ideal with Carbohydrates before and after training.

This would be akin to "metabolite work". Has its place, probably last few weeks of a mesocycle before a deload.

Myo-reps, drop sets, occlusions training, etc...same principle.

I like myo reps :)

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner