over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

30 second rest between sets with high volume for Mass

Andro308

Registered
I just started do this high intensity workout where I rest 30sec between sets and it allows me to do 5-6 sets now vs 3-4 with longer rest.

Any of you do this?

The goal is mass not strength although I do use as heavy weight as possible to complete 8-15 rep. I pyramid up in weight

Bad idea. 5 minutes rest between sets is better than 2 minutes rest for hypertrophy according to science. What you are doing is better for cutting.

I always say there's more than one way to skin a cat. I like to program different phases into my training blocks. For a few weeks I may opt for heavier weights, working in a higher percentage of my 1RM with longer rest periods and less overall volume. Then the next phase may be shorter rest periods with less of a percentage and higher overall volume. Regardless, I like to keep my core compounds relatively heavy, especially at the beginning of my training sessions while I'm still fresh.

I guess I am looking for something different from the normal.
I think I am going to double my volume and see what that does. It’s going to be a lot of sets

Been doing this all Summer!
10-15 set pyramids w- 30 sec breaks...
Chest 2-3 exercises, delts 2 exercises X 8 sets, same w- trize and bize x supers.
In and Out in an hour! Jacked!!!!
252lbs Today @ 6% and Tan as F""".
Lowered dose to 500 test e and 700 primo, 100 mast e and tren e.
4 iu hgh, 1 hour pre then 10 slin-R just prior.
Too Easy!!!!!

Last edited:
If you're interested in rest pause sets for mass check out Dante Trudel "Doggcrapp" of "DC training" if you've never tried it or read about it ... to say the guy knows his stuff would be a gross understatement

Chest 2-3 exercises, delts 2 exercises X 8 sets, same w- trize and bize x supers.
Too Easy!!!!!

Did you notice you get better results with this program?

I'm more in a maintenance mode:
For me to get bigger is next to impossible.
10 - 15 more pds for Me requires a ton more calories and supps!
Training Balls out and week long recovery periods..
I'll be 49 on Monday and may need to just be Happy at current status...
Will see if I can maintain that mindset over a long, cold and boring Winter!

Clusters are good too. Fortitude training calls them "muscle rounds" doing 6 sets of 4 reps

Pick a weight you could bang out 12 and hit failure. But do like 5-7reps, 20 seconds, 5 reps, 20 seconds.....more voulme

I am going to see if more volume will add more mass.
I also upped my calories so we will see what 4K does to me.
I noticed the more I eat the hungrier I get

There's no way I could push hard heavy weights with only thirty seconds test. It's almost more like super setting

I am going to see if more volume will add more mass.

I also upped my calories so we will see what 4K does to me.

I noticed the more I eat the hungrier I get

No one can say for sure. But I'd go more towards higher frequency, higher intensity, low volume for mass.

You're basically doing the opposite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just started do this high intensity workout where I rest 30sec between sets and it allows me to do 5-6 sets now vs 3-4 with longer rest.

Any of you do this?

The goal is mass not strength although I do use as heavy weight as possible to complete 8-15 rep. I pyramid up in weight

actually 30-60 sec rest between set at approx 70% of max has been known for a very long time as a the "hypertrophy phase" in many power-lifting programs. . Pumps tons of blood and retrains tons of nutrients. U will not lose mass for sure, there will be less cortisol production and if natty - more test and gh production...seen competitors doing it, i ve done it but i cant satisfy my ego unless using 85% till failure, just not my style......

Too Easy!!!!!

You forgot to mention that you have to carb load on snicker bars, Kit Kat's, and pop-tarts in order to have the energy for a routine like this. :D

Surge Newbert did a similar routine and blew most away. Iv Been on a mixed Newbert theory routine for the last couple years and think it great. I do mix it up, 5 or 6 weeks on light and long 2 or 3 weeks heavy. U will stay full and add lean mass steady, for a while, though I add more mass easier with a heavyweight routine. I'm 44 and the light and long works better 4 my body.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

If you wish to keep loads in a various range why don't you reverse pyramid.. ? Warmup.. Then go to you max weight to failure for 10 to 12 reps.. Rest 1 minute .. Strip 10 percent off and do it again for 10 to 12 reps.. Strip again for 3 sets total.. Going beyond that the load gets a bit week and we are just deal with fatigue products hindering contraction.. Then move to another exercise.. This allows one to cut rest periods but keep load some what heavy..

If you wish to keep loads in a various range why don't you reverse pyramid.. ? Warmup.. Then go to you max weight to failure for 10 to 12 reps.. Rest 1 minute .. Strip 10 percent off and do it again for 10 to 12 reps.. Strip again for 3 sets total.. Going beyond that the load gets a bit week and we are just deal with fatigue products hindering contraction.. Then move to another exercise.. This allows one to cut rest periods but keep load some what heavy..
Reverse pyramiding takes me back. I used to train exclusively like this. It's a great way to train and I always go back to it at some point before mixing things up again. Kind of like my bread and butter :).

absolutely!
warmup with heavy weights and lower reps tho.
then reverse pyramid. u can do the above or strip a bit more and do 8-10-12 or whatever range u prefer. i do it and its great.
but, why do u think volume is key? intensity is key.
strength gets u size. actually progressive overload does. and with reverse style u may find weights are going up every week like they are for me.
check it out. **broken link removed**

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner