advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

40 Yr female & HGH. Could increase cancer risks?

GeneticCode

Newbies
Please forgive me for this generic question, but I’ve been searching and cannot find anyone with a similar situation.

My wife is 40 years old and looking at possibly starting 1-2 IU per day of HGH. She wants the anti-aging benefits & for some fat loss. She’s in great shape. We have the #112 Golds, 17iu per vial. I’ve been taking it for 40 days & it’s starting to really prove one of the best batches I’ve had so far.

Let’s move to the question at hand: my wife has great health, bloodwork is great, but she had one small issue a year ago. She had Covid and when she had a CT scan, they noticed some nodules on her thyroid. After tests are done, of course, they came back benign, which was a great thing for us to hear.

She is simply concerned that taking growth will increase the chances of this nodule issue. She has to go twice a year now to get a scan to make certain they have not increased in size or any tissue changes.

Any opinions, or advice would be helpful. Thank you guys.

Watching this thread as well. Thank you for posting.
I'm on the fence too brother regarding my wife who is excellent physical shape ( working out sice the age of 14) but with a few concerning heath issues many years back (thyroid cancer).
She has been clear since.
She is eying my #118's Blacks at 16iu for late March l to late Oct run at 1iu.

Watching this thread as well. Thank you for posting.
I'm on the fence too brother regarding my wife who is excellent physical shape ( working out sice the age of 14) but with a few concerning heath issues many years back (thyroid cancer).
She has been clear since.
She is eying my #118's Blacks at 16iu for late March l to late Oct run at 1iu.
Yea man I figured we can’t be alone in this topic. I’m glad to hear your wife is in the clear. Awesome. Yea those #118’s are good. I had the 99 black tops and they seem very similar to the 118s.

I am thinking the exact. She wants to start March 1 & continue through late fall.

Growth hormone/IGF-I axis and cancer risk in humans​

Whilst the strength of evidence for a relationship between GH/IGF-I axis and cancer risk is high in both cellular and animal models, data in humans are scarce and conflicting.

Epidemiological studies have shown an association between elevated circulating levels of IGF-I and an increased risk of developing certain cancers such as prostate, breast and colorectal neoplasms. (Box 1) [33-37] The association between GH-IGF and carcinogenesis is also suggested by the observation that patients suffering from acromegaly, an endocrine disorder characterized by sustained hypersecretion of GH and consequent increased levels of IGF-I, have a higher risk of developing colorectal and thyroid cancer [38-42]. On the other side, patients with either primary or secondary IGF-I deficiency seem to be protected from developing malignancies [43-45].

Overall these data indicate an association, not a causal relationship. Genetic predisposition as well as common nutritional and environmental factors may in fact account for these associations

Found this on the net. Most studies i looked at involved children with gh deficiency. Cannot find information on those over 35.

Not to be a downer, but if I had cancer in the past or was being monitored for a possible tumor, even if there was a 1% chance for cancer, myself I would not do it.

IMO, while there are benefits to running a couple IUs these benefits are not life changing in the grand scheme of things. Cancer however is.

It scares me as much as it possibly causing it, as much as it does that it grows so fast it's probably too late when you find out

Not to be a downer, but if I had cancer in the past or was being monitored for a possible tumor, even if there was a 1% chance for cancer, myself I would not do it.

IMO, while there are benefits to running a couple IUs these benefits are not life changing in the grand scheme of things. Cancer however is.
We decided against it. Wife & I both said the same thing, with “any” chance, it simply isn’t worth it in the long run. Sucks to a degree but, life is more precious.

We decided against it. Wife & I both said the same thing, with “any” chance, it simply isn’t worth it in the long run. Sucks to a degree but, life is more precious.
HGH may actually help prevent cancer.

People are more likely to get cancer at the age when HGH/IGF-1 levels are LOWER and when they are young (teenagers) with extremely high HGH/IGF-1 output, they have a significantly lower risk of cancer.

HGH boosts immune function via thymus gland function. A strong immune system is important for cancer prevention. Your immune system can actually stop cancer before it multiples. Older age = lower HGH ouput = weaker thymus gland = weaker immune system = higher risk of cancer.

Cancer is not as simple as "high IGF" "low igf", etc. If HGH caused cancer or significantly increased risk, then teenagers would get cancer all the time. There are also studies showing that HGH does not significantly increase the risk of cancer and it is likely there is an optimal or U-curve effect (Sweet spot for cancer prevention/health benefits/etc).

Many of the ravages of old age are caused by "somatopause" aka HGH deficiency ; muscle loss/fat gain, cognitive dysfunction, wrinkles/skin aging, etc.

Please forgive me for this generic question, but I’ve been searching and cannot find anyone with a similar situation.

My wife is 40 years old and looking at possibly starting 1-2 IU per day of HGH. She wants the anti-aging benefits & for some fat loss. She’s in great shape. We have the #112 Golds, 17iu per vial. I’ve been taking it for 40 days & it’s starting to really prove one of the best batches I’ve had so far.

Let’s move to the question at hand: my wife has great health, bloodwork is great, but she had one small issue a year ago. She had Covid and when she had a CT scan, they noticed some nodules on her thyroid. After tests are done, of course, they came back benign, which was a great thing for us to hear.

She is simply concerned that taking growth will increase the chances of this nodule issue. She has to go twice a year now to get a scan to make certain they have not increased in size or any tissue changes.

Any opinions, or advice would be helpful. Thank you guys.
Is it a thyroid nodule? Do you know what her TSH labs are? TSH is stimulates thyroid tissue growth and suppressing it with T3 is generally how they prevent cancer recurrence.

Have you ever checked her IGF-1? It's the best surrogate marker for HGH activity in the body. (Fancy term for knowing if HGH levels are higher/low/etc)

TSH = thyroid stimulating hormone . Pituitary hormone that actually tells the thyroid to produce thyroid hormones T4 and T3.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131