over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

405 lb floor press VID... a little help

Powerbuilder

Registered
Love this exercise for taking legs and back out of the equation and isolating chest, tris and delts.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYC_qiqeMdM]Kevin OAK 405 Lb Floor Press - YouTube[/ame]

pretty cool....i never tried them w a BB yet, ill hav 2 giv that a shot, i alwayz used dbs...

Never tried this at all before, I'm going to give it a shot. It looks like a strong emphasis on the delts and tri, do you get as much strain on the pecs as you would with a fuller range of motion?

Pitbull - I've never tried them with dumbbells so I have to give that a try.

rmb - I find it actually works my chest better than flat bench because it takes out the use of your lats and legs. On on a normal flat press I feel like I use my lats too much to work my chest I barely feel like flat bench works my chest because it uses too many other muscles.

Love me some floor presses bro. My only suggestion would be to bring the j hooks out to the front side of the rack, so that the backs of your triceps are able to rest on the ground at the bottom of each rep for a one count. This helped me, along with dead bench, to get a lot stronger drive off my chest.

put your legs straight out instead of up like you had them and its even harder

I wouldn't really consider that a floor press. That's more of a pin press laying on the floor. Like six.one.five suggested set up the j hooks and unrack like a bench press and make sure you pause for at least a split second on the floor. A lot of people cheat the movement by pressing up right when the skin of the tricep touches the floor. You get a pretty serious bounce from the safety pins there. The weight will squish your muscle down a little. Let it happen and you will benefit more from it. Not saying there is no benefit to what you are doing, but I would say it's not ideal for most applications.

Last edited:
Six.one.five & lvnp - those bottom bars weren't j hooks they were part of the rack itself or else I would've moved them. I'm lifting at my friends gym in his building so its really tight in there and that was the only spot I could do it. Going to work on pausing at the bottom though.

I really like floor press too.

another good one is dead bench. So just hooks holding the bar about an inch off your chest and pressing up. great for people who are used to bouncing the bar and want to build strength off of their chest.

hey bro thats great try having it clip in! then help lift off see how much better you do! and we gotta see it! im sure you could hit 1 r 2 more!

Pitbull - I've never tried them with dumbbells so I have to give that a try.

rmb - I find it actually works my chest better than flat bench because it takes out the use of your lats and legs. On on a normal flat press I feel like I use my lats too much to work my chest I barely feel like flat bench works my chest because it uses too many other muscles.

hence do declines and dips imo
-JS

hence do declines and dips imo
-JS

I did some weighted dips right after, doing the 2 exercises back to back gives a real nice tricep pump and by nice I mean it felt like they were almost going to tear.

Deadlift training from this morning

Here's a little sumo deadlift training from this morning. My 5th and 7th set, 495x4 and my first attempt at 605 sumo style as well as without straps.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNP8ENhKdhU]Kevin OAK Sumo Deadlift Training 2-13-12 - YouTube[/ame]

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear