over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

45 sets per muscle group to failure each week!?🥺

headtrainer

Registered
There’s 2 studies that came out recently supporting the more work sets you do for a muscle, the more it grows, up to at least 45 sets per week—to failure. I say hogwash!!! What say you?

This does prove that studies especially training studies aren’t all the same as you’ve got the Mike Dorian style then the Arnold way the high volume 40-60 sets but then even when enhanced and other things added we don’t need a big amount of stimulation to breakdown muscles

the basic rule of thumb
12-15 set big muscle
8 smaller muscles

^
this used by thousands and still is effective way for us and now can even do just 2 working sets per exercise and more doesn’t really provide more stimulus

The study said one bodybuilder using steroids did 35 sets of squats to failure. I would literally pass out way before then, especially while using tren.
A scientific study using enhanced subjects?
Please post the link.

as a young man like 18 years old i tried folloowing arnolds routine in Encyclopedia of BodyBuilding
after bout 1 week i was sick.
tried it again few weeks later, same result. cns couldnt handle it. i dont recover well to begin with.
getting trained by phil hernon was one of the best if not the best thing that coulda happened to me cuz we mainly just did 3 working sets total per muscle group.
i was able to recover from that and GROW!
-F

He’s talking about brad schoenfield study. And it was 45 sets of quads, not all squats. But the workout seem impossible if going to failure each set. I’ll try to find it

There’s 2 studies that came out recently supporting the more work sets you do for a muscle, the more it grows, up to at least 45 sets per week—to failure. I say hogwash!!! What say you?

Can you link or site which study? The recent ones I found had better results with the high volume group that was going close to failure but not absolute muscular failure. The group that did both high volume and absolute failure did worse. The lower volume and absolute failure group also did okay.

The impact on the nervous system between true failure and a rep in the tank is night and day. All the time I hear guys on podcasts talking about how hard and to failure they train. Then I watch their videos and I say "Nope."

Scott Stevenson has talked about perception on a few podcasts and I find it quite alarming how variable it is from person to person. With some people I feel like you could show them two videos; one of a guy getting stuck under the bar and grinding to the top, and another with a guy racking it well beforehand and they'd say "That looks the same to me."

Personally I grow the best when switching up my workout routines every 3-4 weeks... Heavy low reps, high volume lower weights, HIIT training, drop sets and super sets, etc... Just keeping your body from becoming used to set routines. Always worked for me and I imagine anyone else who works out to build mass. Seems quite basic in thought but then again this isn’t rocket science.

Cage

Idk that sort of training worked for me as a newb teenager but these days if I do more than 1-2 failure sets I'll be weaker the next workout

I'm doing around 5 working sets per muscle per week, with maybe 1-2 to failure (often times none)

🤷

I'm pretty sure he is talking about Brad Schoenfeld's study that Juggy mentioned above. It was talked about on here a few weeks back, I think on the heavy vs. light training thread? His protocol seemed pretty unrealistic to me the way it was designed.

I could have sworn we were just talking about one rep maxing everything and going home....

I'm pretty sure he is talking about Brad Schoenfeld's study that Juggy mentioned above. It was talked about on here a few weeks back, I think on the heavy vs. light training thread? His protocol seemed pretty unrealistic to me the way it was designed.
Yes, that’s the study I am referring to.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws