over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

5 death reports with Monster Energy drink link

Awesome, now maybe the prices will drop!!!!

how is that any worse for your heart then the large doses we run + the stims?

5 people in a few years seems like nothing.

I agree 100%. I used to use super pump on leg days. Never again. Felt like my heart was going to explode

funny people on this board saying drinking a monster is stupid.

caffeine in a monster (160mg ave) is about a strong cup of coffee (145 ave)

whats the big deal?

What about the "natural" forms of caffeine contained within? They don't list the amount of guarana. Gotta be a few other CNS stims in there too...

In moderation, fine, but no one should be relying on these to get themselves through the day. Your adrenals will thank you.

search

When people act irresponsible it is the duty of the government to protect them from themselves.....

Let's Ban It!

Last edited:
im staring at my can of rockstar as i read this thread and thought id list the ingredients in milligrams... and lets remember there are 2 servings in every can of rockstar/monsters

Taurine...1000mg
Ginko...150mg
Caffeine...80mg
Guarana....25mg
L-carnatine...25mg
Panax Ginseng...25mg
Milk Thistle.....20mg

IMO doesnt sound to bad.... and im sorry if two cans of monster killed this girl thats hard to believe.

Not that im proud to say ive dne it but im pretty sure in one of my very busy long days at work ive at least put down 4-5 of these fuckers in a day and im still kicking and in fairly perfect health.

I agree with some of the others that either she had a pre existing heart condition or she was taking some other drug

this girl had a heart condition and her parents let her drink monster??? shame on them. What a frivolous lawsuit!!! People are fucking retarded!! The parents are also saying their doctors never told them to limit caffeine. Sounds like a couple of lowlifes to me.

whats the big deal?

Nothing really, I usually take 400 pre workout and often have a jack3d when I get to gym. Am trying to cut back though

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

whats the big deal?

Exactly, I don't drink them as they're not economical but for those who do, it's not big deal at all.

These damn drinks have enough sugar in them to kill you, lol.

I drink the shit out of the zero sugar monsters. I'll get two of the regular sized or one of the big boys with the screw off cap damn near daily. I have a desk job so 3pm and I'm struggling! Plus I LOVE the taste of them.

In regards to the little girl...there has to be more to the story than "she drank two and died." As others have stated, if she has an underlying condition then mom and pop are responsible...not Coke or Pepsi or whoever owns Monster.

Caffeine doesn't need to be regulated (other than mg amounts being listed on products), but there does need to be more education about caffeine. I think there is a reluctance to admit that we have a world addicted to caffeine and that it is a drug that must be used appropriately.

I do believe that the sale of caffeine to children should be restricted, this is how the soda companies get them hooked, it's not the sugar, it's caffeine addiction...

I'm really addicted to diet soda. Hard to go a day with out it. That shit is gonna kill me

Last edited:
Doesn't surprise me. I also don't understand how people drink that stuff.

What? You don't like putting chemicals into your body? ;)

The same as when were kids wed drink gallons of full fat Coke all the teenagers you see hanging round the stores nowadays are downing cans and cans of Monsters, RBs and Rockstars, not for the caffeine and sugar but because the marketing companies make them uber cool and spend millions of dollars every year sponsoring some of the hottest/raddist/hardcore sports on the planet - and we all no if we use the drinks/supplements of the stars then that makes us cool too ;)

God help all these teenagers adrenals in the coming years:banghead:

That stuff isn't good for you at all, but these kids had some underlying condition if 2 large cans killed them. I have drank 6 or 7 large cups of coffee a dozen times in my life during some stretch where I needed to be up for whatever reason, and that's 3x that amount. I wouldn't recommend it, or make habit of it. We all know fat people who drink a dozen Coke's a day, which is slightly more than this. I just don't see an otherwise healthy teen dying from that amount. I'd keep my kids away from that stuff like it was crack, but I just don't see it. There's more to the story.

Hopefully the toxicology report on them shows all kinds of other drugs coz a few cans of monster/red bull or whatever can't be the cause of death. Knowing kids these days they probably drank 10 of them or something. Anything in moderation is ok, anything in excess you're looking for trouble. I've been drinking energy drinks for years. It's not worse than people drinking coffee everyday. Shit I know a guy who literally drinks a whole POT of coffee everyday. No issues.

I grab two cans of Monster on my way to work at the gas station every morning. 2 for $4 bucks. Green ones with the sugar :cool:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear