over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

5-hTP

animal71

Banned
Guys I know everyone has heard of 5-HTP for sleep, but did you guys know it helps with depression and appetite control? It's one of the most versatile sleeping aids out there. Have you used it? at what dose guys?

Up to 100mg 3x daily or 100/100/200(before bed). The only reason I am posting here is to relay my dosing experience and tell you guys what the OP forgot to mention.

Since this effects serotonin/neurotransmitters, you need to cycle this supplement.

Last edited:
i used it from 50 mg ED to 200 mg ED and i helped with my quality of sleep

I have not used it, but have considered it to improve sleep quality. I wasn't aware of some of the other benefits

a lot of people have used it because it is part of supplemental stacks and didn't even know it.

it raises serotonin, nice article/link

200 before bed with meletonin

Guys I know everyone has heard of 5-HTP for sleep, but did you guys know it helps with depression and appetite control? It's one of the most versatile sleeping aids out there. Have you used it? at what dose guys?

well duh....

lol

i have found regular theanine to work much better.

especially if you add other stuff at the right times.

50mg 2 hrs before bed knocks me out.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

The stuff doesn't agree with me for some reason. It makes a little spacy and my hands shake a little. It did help me sleep though.

From what i know about this, it works well as a sleep aid but also it works very well to fight depression.Many use it as a natural alternative to the drug prozac.

The stuff doesn't agree with me for some reason. It makes a little spacy and my hands shake a little. It did help me sleep though.

Too much 5-HTP can potentially lead to depletion of dopamine and norepinephrine. Dopamine plays a role with our motor function, low dopamine levels can result in essential tremors, i.e, "shaky hands". An imbalance with our neurotransmitters will cause a sense of mental disconnection/brain fog.

Too much 5-HTP can potentially lead to depletion of dopamine and norepinephrine. Dopamine plays a role with our motor function, low dopamine levels can result in essential tremors, i.e, "shaky hands". An imbalance with our neurotransmitters will cause a sense of mental disconnection/brain fog.

I know there are conflicting reports but from our experience I would avoid 5HTP if your on any anti depressants like PROZAC,PAXIL,,etc..

I used it but stopped after seeing it raises cortisol....theanine , velarian root and kava work great.... From PubMed below

PubMed:
Effect of 5-hydroxytryptophan on serum cortisol levels in major affective disorders. II. Relation to suicide, psychosis, and depressive symptoms.
Meltzer HY, Perline R, Tricou BJ, Lowy M, Robertson A.

Serum cortisol levels were significantly higher after administration of 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP), 200 mg orally, in unmedicated patients with affective disorders than in controls. The magnitude of the serum cortisol increase correlated positively with the Schedule for Affective Disorders and Schizophrenia-Change (SADS-C) depression syndrome ratings and correlated negatively with psychotic symptoms in 26 patients with major depression. The serum cortisol response was greater in four depressed and three manic patients who made suicide attempts than in 33 patients who were not suicidal or only had suicidal thoughts. The cortisol response was also greater in patients with bipolar depression than in those with unipolar depression and those with a first-degree relative with an affective disorder. Absence of psychotic symptoms and commission of suicidal acts were associated with an increased cortisol response to 5-HTP in the depressed patients. The cortisol response to 5-HTP in the manic patients also tended to correlate with the SADS-C manic syndrome score.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws