over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

5 min squat challenge... Bad ass.

jcc80

Registered
Holy.... crap. 5 minutes of squatting. Few powerlifters, a cyclist, and a strongman. I felt the urge to get a wheelchair after watching this.

This could have been posted before, but what the hell.

https://youtu.be/4VO7VMmSHCo

That's brutal!
I have done 4 minutes of tabatas with back squats.
8 rounds of 20 seconds squatting/10 seconds rest without putting the bar down.
And I used light weight 135 pounds. I can't imagine with my own bodyweight.
It was brutal!

That's brutal!
It was brutal!
Ya know, the 2nd torture method you listed... I just might give that a whirl in a couple hours.

That's brutal!
It was brutal!

Love doing Tapatalk.

Try doing Tabatha squats and deadlifts. So 20 seconds squat and next 20 sec deadlifts. If you do that die you will fall in love

I'll be sore for a few days just by watching it.

That guy who won is a freaking beast. They are all good, though.

this vid gives me some ideas.... will make some of my own challenges and prob have the best leg workouts ever.... too often I just go for a weight and x amount of reps. bit boring tbh... having a time and a set weight and just seeing what you are capable of and then trying to beat that number is a great way to self motivate and progress. I will try it this week. maybe with multiple body parts...
-F2S

reminds me of this video....

Tom Platz squatting 500 lbs for 23 reps! Intense. He could have probably done a few more if he rested with the bar longer like the guys in the video.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7w7pcgYA3o"]Tom Platz squats 500 Lbs. for 23 reps - YouTube[/ame]

This is from an interview with Tom Platz
I was in Detroit back in the '70s I used to dream about going to California, but had to finish my college education first. Every semester - we had 12-week quarters back then - I would live on somebody's porch or do whatever it took to get my degree - I had no money but I had the gym, of course.
Well there were a lot of people in my gym back in Detroit that were great squatters, and it was almost like the squat rack became a separate sport, as I mentioned before (in interview one). We would talk about it for months and weeks before and would plan squat day.

I had a certain periodized schedule that I put into place and I trained and trained. And I accomplished 10 minutes of straight squatting with a quarter (250 pounds).

Man I remember that Platz video. Unreal.

I remember when he did that squat challenge with Fred Hatfeild, they both weighed 200lbs Hatfeild did I think 8 reps with 539 then Platz did 23 reps with that same weight!
In the most for a single Hatfeild did 840 and if I remember correctly Platz did 780
Im,a huge Tom Platz fan I also remember him prepping for the Olympia he squatted 635 for 15 reps no wraps!
Back then I squatted on Saturday and I would squat for hours I thought hell if TP can do it so can I
But I only managed 640 for 12 with wraps Platz was my insperation back then!

Found it wht really happnd

FRED HATFIELD vs TOM PLATZ
5'6" 5'8"
198 lbs 198 lbs
51 years old 38 years old
Powerlifter Bodybuilder
* Don't think for one second that Fred Hatfield was past his prime at age 51. At 45 years old, Fred Hatfield set a squat world record by lifting 1014 pounds in the 110 kg weight class.
* Tom Platz was the 1981 Mr. Olympia 3rd.

With his much bigger legs, Tom Platz managed to squat 765 pounds in the one-rep max squat. However world class powerlifter Fred Hatfield defeated him with a 855 pounds squat.

In the max reps squat, with a colossal weight of 525 pounds (495-525 lbs depending of the source), tree-trunks legged bodybuilder Tom Platz managed to do 23 ass-to-floor reps with relative ease. The powerful Hatfield "only" managed to squeeze 11 reps.

5'6" 5'8"
198 lbs 198 lbs
Powerlifter Bodybuilder
* Don't think for one second that Fred Hatfield was past his prime at age 51. At 45 years old, Fred Hatfield set a squat world record by lifting 1014 pounds in the 110 kg weight class.

With his much bigger legs, Tom Platz managed to squat 765 pounds in the one-rep max squat. However world class powerlifter Fred Hatfield defeated him with a 855 pounds squat.

In the max reps squat, with a colossal weight of 525 pounds (495-525 lbs depending of the source), tree-trunks legged bodybuilder Tom Platz managed to do 23 ass-to-floor reps with relative ease. The powerful Hatfield "only" managed to squeeze 11 reps.

Yeah, I think it comes down to how the nervous system is trained powerlifting vs bodybuilding and powerlifting trains more of the "fast twitch" wheras the higher reps in bodybuilding use more slower twitch that have more endurance. I think it was interesting in the video featured in this thread how the strongman was the first out, I figure most of what he does is fast explosive short duration movements so it makes sense that his muscles didn't have the endurance of the others. The young guy that was so small that his weight was more than bodyweight did better than the big strongman.

5'6" 5'8"
198 lbs 198 lbs
Powerlifter Bodybuilder

Pretty sure Hatfield was the first human to break 1000 lbs in the squat, competition verified.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131