over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

5 weeks out ~ Central States

Hahaha, I swear to god, when I opened this I was drinking some water and choked on it, when I saw that first pic.

My reflex reaction was :eek: "HOLY!!!" Wow! that's by far the most shredded I've seen you!

Awesome and inspiring!

x2 (although I'm glad I wasn't drinking water when I scrolled down to that first pic! :D)

YOU LOOK CARVED OUT OF STONE, SHELBY. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Shelby is looking on point.

who wants to start a sweepstake on him winning?

Good god your diced!

All your contest progress pics are impressive...

A quick question (probably a dumb one as well, you've probably outlined it in another thread); do you hold this sort of condition and work into the show? or aim to peak each week?

Shelby,

Can you outline how your diet/prep will be for the next 5 weeks ?

Im curious as to how your going to hold contest shape for the next 5 weeks ? Alot of high carb up days, low to moderate cardio ?

chris

Shelby,

Can you outline how your diet/prep will be for the next 5 weeks ?

Im curious as to how your going to hold contest shape for the next 5 weeks ? Alot of high carb up days, low to moderate cardio ?

chris

I still need to tighten up a bit more, but I'm ahead of where I need to be at this point so I'm slightly backing off the diet and cardio a bit.

Diet is very low carb, moderate fat, and moderate/high protein. Cardio is all low intensity and was 2 hours a day but I'm dropping it to 1 hour a day now.

I'll play it by ear from here on out but I'm pretty much looking to maintain and slowly tighten up (about a pound a week or so) from here to the show.

Thanks for all the positive support everyone :)

Jeeebusss! Find a show this weekend! Whats your weight Shelby? Whatever your doing, DON'T STOP!

Shelby, what exercises do you do for your back? It is so freaking dense and thick! What are your "bread n butter" exercises to acheive that kind of thickness and density?

Shelby, what exercises do you do for your back? It is so freaking dense and thick! What are your "bread n butter" exercises to acheive that kind of thickness and density?

My favorites are Hammer Strength machines (pulldown and row variations), and deadlifts from the floor. Doing the t-bar row machine w/ a medium width, underhand grip is a new favorite as well.

My favorites are Hammer Strength machines (pulldown and row variations), and deadlifts from the floor. Doing the t-bar row machine w/ a medium width, underhand grip is a new favorite as well.

What?!?!? Your'e telling me you can put on size without strictly using free weights?!?!?! IMPOSSIBLE!!!! :rolleyes:

GEEEEEEZ Shelby, You look ready to step on stage right now.....;)

I literally sat up in my chair to make sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing. Most impressive pictures I've seen on this board in a long time!

Thanks guys.
Jawbreaker - I think you might want to take a look thru the pics in this forum, I'm far from being the most impressive :eek:

Pushinw8s - here's an example of a biceps and back workout I did yesterday:

standing ez-bar curls
90 x 8,3,3(rest-pause)

rope hammer curls (low pulley machine)
100 x 11

life-fitness 1-arm preacher curl machine
30 x 8 ea. side

cybex pullover
80 x 9

hammer strength underhand grip pulldown
180 x 8,2,2 (rest-pause)

bent-over rope pulley row
90 x 11

hammer strength wide grip row
180 x 8

hammer strength unilateral row
70 x 8 ea. side

hammer strength seated shrug
270 x 10

Keto Approach?

Shelby.. I know for awhile that you were following a keto approach when you were dieting for this show...How many refeed days were you having? so these days your basically going fairly low carb..keeping the protien and the fats moderate? What form of cardio are you doing? Bike? treadmill?

all the best to you,

Ivor

Shelby.. I know for awhile that you were following a keto approach when you were dieting for this show...How many refeed days were you having? so these days your basically going fairly low carb..keeping the protien and the fats moderate? What form of cardio are you doing? Bike? treadmill?

all the best to you,

Ivor

I've been having zero refeed days :D
Yep - very low carb, moderate protein and fat.

Cardio has all been treadmill.

Holy f*cking you are shredded, and I aint talking about cheddar cheese. You look like you are at 4-5% bodyfat, insanity in the conditioning.

Thanks guys.
Jawbreaker - I think you might want to take a look thru the pics in this forum, I'm far from being the most impressive :eek:

Pushinw8s - here's an example of a biceps and back workout I did yesterday:

standing ez-bar curls
90 x 8,3,3(rest-pause)

rope hammer curls (low pulley machine)
100 x 11

life-fitness 1-arm preacher curl machine
30 x 8 ea. side

cybex pullover
80 x 9

hammer strength underhand grip pulldown
180 x 8,2,2 (rest-pause)

bent-over rope pulley row
90 x 11

hammer strength wide grip row
180 x 8

hammer strength unilateral row
70 x 8 ea. side

hammer strength seated shrug
270 x 10

While you may not be the biggest, your combination of conditioning and muscularity are phenomenal. Alex A is the only other member here that I think has approached that level of conditioning.

just to reinterate what everyone else has said you have a well put together physique...symmetry, shape, condition, muscularity. I have a feeling you are going to mess up someones day. Keep up the good work Shelby!

Shelby! you're shape, conditioning, and super tiny waist are awesome! not a bad place to be for 5 weeks out!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131