over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

50+ men...Diet?

kscowboy

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
To all my 50+ year old lifters, what is your diet like?

I'm 58. Mine is very simple. I make sure I get about a gram of protein per lb of BW. Right now that's 230.
If I feel I'm getting fatter I cut carbs down, if I don't I keep them them about the same. I don't count anything but protein. I go by the scale.
I just believe there are too many variables in day to day activity to have a consistent baseline. Some days it feels like I run my ass off all day, others it feels like I sit on my ass........lol
I do tend to have most carbs in the early part of the day though. I workout in the morning.

I am 67. You don’t want to know, it is ridiculous by most standards but it works for me.

Dieting hard right now so ~250-300g protein plus little carbs (<50g) and some fat to get me between about 1200-1500 kcals.

Roughly this every day:

Egg whites plus 1 or 2 whole eggs for breakfast with 1/2 cup blueberries and 1/2 cup pineapple. 25g whey protein shake.

50g Protein shake and an apple mid morning

4-6 oz turkey or chicken, sometimes tuna for lunch plus 25g protein shake and an apple

50g Protein shake and apple mid afternoon

4-6 oz chicken, beef or fish dinner plus salad. 25g protein shake.

Pre and intra workout workout are PeptoPro and EAAa only.

This plus DNP for the last 1 1/2 weeks and fat has been melting away.

When I’m done dieting and want to build again, I’ll add oats to the breakfast, some maltodextrin or banana to the protein shakes, and rice to the other meals. I’ll also add carbs back to my pre-workout and intra-workout drinks.

I'm 58. Mine is very simple. I make sure I get about a gram of protein per lb of BW. Right now that's 230.
If I feel I'm getting fatter I cut carbs down, if I don't I keep them them about the same. I don't count anything but protein. I go by the scale.
I just believe there are too many variables in day to day activity to have a consistent baseline. Some days it feels like I run my ass off all day, others it feels like I sit on my ass........lol
I do tend to have most carbs in the early part of the day though. I workout in the morning.
I'm only 46 but that is basically what I do. It works and is very simple. My avg day probably puts me in a 500 cal deficit but I have 3-4 free meals or added food throughout the week and it keeps things balanced.

I try to eat isocaloric (33/33/33) - around 2800 k cal a day, will add in some protein/veggie low cal days (800ish) on occasion if weight starts to creep up. Seems to work best for inflammation and blood work. If I cut out all carbs my cholesterol increases drastically.

AGE 54:
- 4 protein/oat shakes with fish oil, mct oil, a bunch of vitamins, minerals, herbs, micronutrients, taurine.
- 2 food meals of 10 egg whites and rice, 1/2Lb extra lean ground turkey breast and rice. Sometimes rice cakes or Dave’s 21 grain/seed dry toast in place of rice.

231 pounds, 15% BF.
Casein shake breakfast. Chicken or eggs for lunch with 20 grams carbs and about same for dinner. Greek yogurt/berries evening snack..
I raise carbs on leg/back day.
If I raise my calories, I'm much fuller and can get to 250 pounds at 17% BF but at my age, feels like shit.
I'm trying to get to 12-13% BF and playing with carbs/cardio etc.

This is what my average day looks like:

• Breakfast: 50g whey, 50g oats. Handful of raisins
  • Lunch: 140g Tuna and 200g rice w/ olive oil
  • Intra: 20g EAA, 25g CCD
  • Shake: 50g whey
  • Dinner: 300g of beef or chicken with 200g rice (cooked) or 50g pasta (dry)
  • Snacks between meals are often a single rice cake with natural peanut butter, a banana, or a Japanese protein bar depending on needs.

AGE 54:
- 4 protein/oat shakes with fish oil, mct oil, a bunch of vitamins, minerals, herbs, micronutrients, taurine.
- 2 food meals of 10 egg whites and rice, 1/2Lb extra lean ground turkey breast and rice. Sometimes rice cakes or Dave’s 21 grain/seed dry toast in place of rice.
Just curious because of the amount of shakes, do you have digestive issues?

To all my 50+ year old lifters, what is your diet like?
Same as it did in my 20s, well I’m 44 but what works still works for me anyway

Do need more recovery time and more cardio to get really lean but I also don’t use stims.

3-4 meals a day.
50 gams of protein per meal from whey meat eggs and dairy
150 grams carbs as needed through out the day 40% from fruit the rest grains
100 grams fat from nuts seeds olive oil mostly. The rest from The other sources listed above.
2-3+ servings of fruits and veggies 3 meals per day.
In my 50's i ate more. And in my 40's and before that you could about double these amounts.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws