over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

50 years old

lol.....gains in your 50s in painfully hard.....

but your right....SOME do......are you one of them???

:cool:

lol.....gains in your 50s in painfully hard.....

but your right....SOME do......are you one of them???

:cool:

Well I just hit 50 and have steadily making good gains. Not as fast as my twenties, but I'm not complaining. Definitely not just maintaining.

I continued to make gains until I was about 53. It's now all about trying to maintain what I have.

Wow OP you look great man in your pictures.

You have alot of LBM for your age and lean.

Whats your height and weight?

If after 30 or more years or training and eating/resting well, a person is still making noticeable gains I figure they have to have some of the very best genetics out there or a fair amount of drug use.

I train for the pump these days. Supers, drop sets but alternating exercises keeps the muscles guessing. Always starting with something different and the order there done...
If you have not Peaked by 50 you were not training hard enough the 1st 37 yrs or your doing more Drugs!!!!

I'm 60 now and it has taken me awhile to come to realize I cant train as heavy as I once have....I've been training and doing cycles for for over 30 years now

You don't need to lift maximal weights anymore with a name that cool. High reps.

I'm 60 now and it has taken me awhile to come to realize I cant train as heavy as I once have....I've been training and doing cycles for for over 30 years now

I keep telling myself you "you can't be Superman forever". But it is not easy to hear. I tell myself I am looking for quality work outs with no injuries. I gave up any real training a few years ago.

Well I just hit 50 and have steadily making good gains. Not as fast as my twenties, but I'm not complaining. Definitely not just maintaining.

What do you mean by "gains"?

I don't know if this applies to you, but in general no one except the rank beginner is making consistent gains, doesn't matter the age. By gains I mean surpassing your past biggest ever muscular size. Most of us are in a cycle of regressing and regaining, over and over gain and every now and then we might manage to beat our best.
Lots of old timers, and younger people too, are talking about their recent gains due to new diet or training method or even drug and I'm thinking like, "man, you haven't gained shit since 1990". By gains I mean actually surpassing something, not merely regaining lost size.

Are you at your biggest and or strongest ever at this moment? My training partner was at his biggest and strongest ever at 50, after 35 years of training, but he only started juicing at 45 :D

Last edited:
I think one of the biggest indicators of what you can achieve in the gym as you get older is related to consistency with regards to diet and training. Those who have consistency, and therefore no big gaps will be in great shape.

Have a guy at my gym that is well past 60 (Can't recall Korean or Vietnam vet).... He smokes almost everyone in the gym. Fucker is unreal. We are not talking size here, however his conditioning is stupid good. Calves, ripped, you name it - puts most folks to shame.

But... I know for a fact that he never had a large gap in training, and he has his diet down. Have no idea if he uses drugs. Ran into him outside the gym at a burger place and as you would expect.... Double meat, bacon, no bun - LOL!

What do you mean by "gains"?

I don't know if this applies to you, but in general no one except the rank beginner is making consistent gains, doesn't matter the age. By gains I mean surpassing your past biggest ever muscular size. Most of us are in a cycle of regressing and regaining, over and over gain and every now and then we might manage to beat our best.
Lots of old timers, and younger people too, are talking about their recent gains due to new diet or training method or even drug and I'm thinking like, "man, you haven't gained shit since 1990". By gains I mean actually surpassing something, not merely regaining lost size.

Are you at your biggest and or strongest ever at this moment? My training partner was at his biggest and strongest ever at 50, after 35 years of training, but he only started juicing at 45 :D

This is exactly my point and perhaps I worded it wrong. You're correct, it is sort of a game of regression and then gaining back while maintaining in-between. Common sense tells us this will gradually slow, the regaining back to former peaks. I mean we turn 80 for a reason, we can't do what we did. At some point we all face that. But for me, that time has not come. Regaining is a bit slower, but still achievable. Am I at m all time peak? No, could I be if I added more AAS? Yes, I could. I am about 90% of my peak right now and happy to be there as I play with a different reduced body fat and vascular looks that gives me that edgy look I am for. It never has been all about bulk for me. I never max bench, as a tore my pec once, but my max 4 set bench of all time was at age 28, 405 4 sets, right now I do 335 7-8 reps and cannot go any higher due to joints, and not wanting to be forced to take a year off to stroke my ego, but I would guess I would squeeze out 405 2-3 reps if my life depended on it.

My original point was, I do not anticipate not being able to "return" until I'm near 60 years of age, at which point I will rethink how I train and what my goals are. I'm estimating that will happen mid to late 50's.

50 aint shit!!!!!

I turned 50 in april- been liften since high school, I still, train for size and my workouts are all 2 bodyparts a day about an hour and a half to two hours a day I go 3 days on 1 off. Now I have wear and tear issues of course I cant do some shoulder excersices and some leg excersices because of joint pain which is age and wear and tear, Iam gettin knee surgery done next month and had my ac joint taken out of my left shoulder yrs ago. but all and all I train hard Iam still makin solid gains and I aint stoppin till Iam droppin!!!!!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws