over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

500 rep workout

I don’t know, fast twitch vs slow twitch. Will take a bigger brain than my to answer that one 🙁
Another one- I think Juggy did this too back in the day.

Supersetting front and back squats, back and forth 10x 10, 225lbs. No rest between transition from front to back (so 20 reps in succession-10 front, 10back x 10 sets) and I believe it was max 60 sec between each 20 rep set.

I could at least attempt this one still…

Tenny gave me a few good ones…

It’s been probably 10 years since I did this…. 60 sec rest only (which I’m sure I pushed after the 7-8th set) 315 x10 x 10 and reps didn’t count if not below parallel. No wraps, no belt. Never could replicate it…. And never got it again besides that fateful day. My quads locked up on me after, I remember that pain.

Another one was…. Deads (2min rest max if I remember correctly)
135 x 10
225 x 10
315 x 10
405 x 10
495 x failure
405 x 10
315 x 10
225 x 10
135 x 10

At the end, never has 135 felt so heavy.
Hahaha. I definitely feel your pain! That is what Tenny had me to do but with less rest between sets. 🙁 He said that is what primarily built his legs. I think I could only do this once week and that was enough. And if it wasn’t, you weren’t trying hard enough 🤪

Good one. That will work for a while. And yes, I can see how that would make you brutally sore.

Personally, I would do that routine for a limited amount of time so I would not overtrain. But that is just me. And I would rest minimally as possible between sets.

Have fun 😉

oh yeah right on...just a short time. I'm not sure it would be conducive to long-term growth but I was just wanting to do something different and challenge myself in a different way.

Tenny gave me a few good ones…

It’s been probably 10 years since I did this…. 60 sec rest only (which I’m sure I pushed after the 7-8th set) 315 x10 x 10 and reps didn’t count if not below parallel. No wraps, no belt. Never could replicate it…. And never got it again besides that fateful day. My quads locked up on me after, I remember that pain.

Another one was…. Deads (2min rest max if I remember correctly)
135 x 10
225 x 10
315 x 10
405 x 10
495 x failure
405 x 10
315 x 10
225 x 10
135 x 10

At the end, never has 135 felt so heavy.

yeah that is nuts and I think some of it is mental. I've pushed some of this german volume training so much to where it almost causes anxiety to think about replicating some of them...even if I physically could.

I was talking to a guy at the gym who has a decent physique about training and he told me he does 500 reps for a body part in a workout. Being a low volume guy I was surprised. He said he'll do 5 exercise, 5 sets, about 20 reps, not to failure.

Not something I'd probably try if nothing else due to time, but he's anyone ever approached this volume? Seems above anything I've seen online even proposed by the science guys who love pushing high volume not to failure.
Yea you could but why and how boring seems like the only reason to do is to walk around talking about it.

Reactions: cal
Exactly not to failure is like.... Yawn

Unless your in shitty condition

I guess it depends on where shy of failure you stop. Big difference ending each set with 3+ reps in the tank vs 1 shy of positive failure.

I will agree that if we are doing sets of ten and I have to perform 4 sets before reps 9 and ten take effort that is boring.

I am personally at the point that pushing failure almost always results in injury's, pulls, niggles and joint pain. I stop just shy of form breaking down where in the past I could get that last one MAYBE two but my body just can't handle ANY deviation from "perfect for me" form. It is what it is and it took me a LONG time to accept this and many missed session due to injuries.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws