over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

545 Deadlift Video

i understand.......but with "a more correct" technique
you could be handling alot more weight

rules or not.....form is form anyway you look at it

:)

I will definitely work on form then, pulling more weight is never a bad thing! Thank you for the advice/wisdom Tenny

i understand.......but with "a more correct" technique
you could be handling alot more weight

not necessarily.

due to differences in torso and limb lengths proper deadlift form can look very different. The only thing that remains the same is the lower back must not round (needs to be flat) and don't bend your arms.

You are right it's a Inzer Forever Lever belt... I always thought and was told they are great belts... I love it!

Sorry guys. I love Inzer too and thats what I always used. Im just not used to seeing that color and it looked like one of those single ply leather belts that you buy at dicks sporting goods. I dont use a lever belt myself, but use an Inzer and it made a world of difference for me.

I agree with Tenny. My back hurt just watching the 1st rep. But all can see your very strong. You could defo be lifting more in the near future. Thanks for posting. I injured my lower back so have stayed away from heavy deads for abit but that vids makes me wanna start them again.

not necessarily.

due to differences in torso and limb lengths proper deadlift form can look very different. The only thing that remains the same is the lower back must not round (needs to be flat) and don't bend your arms.

So was my form ok to you?

Sorry guys. I love Inzer too and thats what I always used. Im just not used to seeing that color and it looked like one of those single ply leather belts that you buy at dicks sporting goods. I dont use a lever belt myself, but use an Inzer and it made a world of difference for me.

I was suppose to be a charcoal grey, but came out like a camel brown or something... I was a little disappointed, but once that puppy is locked in, I'm locked in mentally!

I agree with Tenny. My back hurt just watching the 1st rep. But all can see your very strong. You could defo be lifting more in the near future. Thanks for posting. I injured my lower back so have stayed away from heavy deads for abit but that vids makes me wanna start them again.

I see what y'all are saying, everyone has always mentioned something to me about it. But I never have lower back pain(till this wreck). I do have some pretty nice hammy's because of it though :) and people have always commented on my back...

So was my form ok to you?

well, I can't pull shit that way but there's a guy at my gym who pulls in the mid 700's at 242 who pulls almost exactly like you do. Every time he's tried to use "proper form" he can't break 600 off the floor.

I suggest you experiment a bit with different styles until you find one that really works for you. Just remember, strongman and powerlifting are about lifting as much weight as possible not targeting a certain muscle group like bodybuilding.

Also, you're lower back looks flat which is what you want. When it starts rounding is when you can get hurt.

well, I can't pull shit that way but there's a guy at my gym who pulls in the mid 700's at 242 who pulls almost exactly like you do. Every time he's tried to use "proper form" he can't break 600 off the floor.

I suggest you experiment a bit with different styles until you find one that really works for you. Just remember, strongman and powerlifting are about lifting as much weight as possible not targeting a certain muscle group like bodybuilding.

Also, you're lower back looks flat which is what you want. When it starts rounding is when you can get hurt.

When I do a frame deadlift, I can get my hips down and use more legs. Just something about getting them low on conventional deads. I have a hard time breathing(as u could see in the video, that's why I strap up on my knees. Man that sounds bad, but you see what I mean haha) one and it just doesn't feel strong.

I feel very comfortable doing them how I do and I feel strong that way...

I have issues breathing too so what I do is fill my belly full of air, push out against my belt then dip and rip. I can't use straps or my head would explode from being down there so long but I also have to do a single not multiple reps like you silly strongmen. lol

If you feel comfortable and strong then don't mess with it.

I have issues breathing too so what I do is fill my belly full of air, push out against my belt then dip and rip. I can't use straps or my head would explode from being down there so long but I also have to do a single not multiple reps like you silly strongmen. lol

If you feel comfortable and strong then don't mess with it.

I would rather do singles! Haha I love doing max deadlifts in comp.

I may mess with feet placement and hand width, but I think I will keep the rest the same

I would certainly suggest you review your form periodically - especially if you stall for a period of time.

With that said, here's a young gentleman handling a respectable amount of weight that might provide some insight into proper form. Enjoy, and keep up the most excellent work.

YouTube - Orlando Green 816lbs NOTLD

I would certainly suggest you review your form periodically - especially if you stall for a period of time.

With that said, here's a young gentleman handling a respectable amount of weight that might provide some insight into proper form. Enjoy, and keep up the most excellent work.

I've actually competed against Orlando twice. Correct me if I am wrong, but to me it seems I get my hips lower than him...

Your mid/upper back is the weak link here; that is why you are rounding at the top. I used to be the same way, fixed it by doing rack/block pulls and lots of heavy bb/db rows. Went from rowing 245x10 to 315x10 and 125db x10 to 145x20 and my DL shot up.

Having said that, a max effort attempt is not going to be perfect; if it was it wouldn't be max effort. Here is a vid from my meet in july, DL is closing in on 600 at same BW due to what I said above.

YouTube - 7 31 10 535 dead

Not to say I know alot but when I worked on form my max went down but then it went back up. I was stuck at 600 now I pull mid 7s at 220.

Dude is strong as an ox but his form is not "proper form" and 90% of people who try to pull like that get hurt. It works for him and you must find what works for you.

Your mid/upper back is the weak link here; that is why you are rounding at the top. I used to be the same way, fixed it by doing rack/block pulls and lots of heavy bb/db rows. Went from rowing 245x10 to 315x10 and 125db x10 to 145x20 and my DL shot up.

Having said that, a max effort attempt is not going to be perfect; if it was it wouldn't be max effort. Here is a vid from my meet in july, DL is closing in on 600 at same BW due to what I said above.

YouTube - 7 31 10 535 dead

My rack deads are pretty freakin strong. I use to do them a lot when I was DC Training. I pulled 500 for 22 reps in one minute from a 15inch pull...

Dude is strong as an ox but his form is not "proper form" and 90% of people who try to pull like that get hurt. It works for him and you must find what works for you.

He is very strong! His press sucks though, deadlift and tires are where he excels.

Over the past couple years, I've worked hard to get my DL over the 700lb hump; my experience is that no matter what form you use, somebody will tell you that form is wrong, and somebody else will tell you that form is right. Somebody will tell you that you can't pull roundbacked; somebody else will tell you that pulling roundbacked is more efficient. Somebody will tell you that you have to wear a certain type of shoe to activate the quad off the floor; somebody else will tell you that have to lift barefoot to minimize the distance of the pull.

Somebody will tell you have to drop your hips more, and use less back; somedoby else will tell you that some pullers are "high-hipped pullers" and that you are one of them.

On and on and on.

You know what worked for me?

Trusting my body. I started to do that this year, and just picked up the weight. I played around with foot placement, I did a boatload of car DL, trap bar DL, deficit DL - 2 DL sessions per week, every week. And I just picked up the weight in the manner that was most efficient for me.

As I said, good work. Enjoy the ride, keep pullin', and never let go, brother.

Over the past couple years, I've worked hard to get my DL over the 700lb hump; my experience is that no matter what form you use, somebody will tell you that form is wrong, and somebody else will tell you that form is right. Somebody will tell you that you can't pull roundbacked; somebody else will tell you that pulling roundbacked is more efficient. Somebody will tell you that you have to wear a certain type of shoe to activate the quad off the floor; somebody else will tell you that have to lift barefoot to minimize the distance of the pull.

Somebody will tell you have to drop your hips more, and use less back; somedoby else will tell you that some pullers are "high-hipped pullers" and that you are one of them.

On and on and on.

You know what worked for me?

Trusting my body. I started to do that this year, and just picked up the weight. I played around with foot placement, I did a boatload of car DL, trap bar DL, deficit DL - 2 DL sessions per week, every week. And I just picked up the weight in the manner that was most efficient for me.

As I said, good work. Enjoy the ride, keep pullin', and never let go, brother.

Thanks bro! Your post just hit the spot for me! That's exactly what I needed to hear!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131