over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

55 year old with cycle questions

Dante said Now Foods does NOT work in his experience. Strange, as it should be quality stuff.
I do bloodwork every 3 months and I tried Now astragalus in the past and my eGFR dropped. I will only use Vitamin Shoppe brand. I have several years worth bloodwork to prove it

I use vs brand per reccomendtions here. Anyone know who makes it for them? I heard optimum makes their protein no idea if true. Crazy now Brand doesn't work nows multivitamin (NOW Adam) is supposed to be the best.

If you ask for opinions you should expect and want both sides. If you're just looking for confirmation on what you all ready think/know then just ask all your best friends. This reminds me of when I judged powerlifting meets and squats would get turned down for being five inches high and the lifters buddies would say, "Brah, that was perfect, these judges are idiots"
👍

It’s called confirmation bias. It thrives here.

It's funny how if you Google search "top brands for astragalus" NOW nutrition is on every top list.

Ya really wtf is it only vitamin shoppe brand that has the magic ingredients lol, yes very strange, now usually always has top notch stuff, Jesus I was about to buy a bottle of now astragalus since vitamin shoppe brand is out of stock but now I’m not sure what to do , don’t wanna buy garbage that doesn’t work
Just speculating but based on what I've read herbs can have varying levels of the different compounds in it. It could be grown in a different place, it could be processed differently, some extracts might be standardised for a specific compound. I read an interesting thing about ashwagandha. Apparently KSM-66 brand was suing Sensoril because they thought Sensoril was copying their herbal composition. This sounded incredible to me. Same herb but apparently KSM thinks Sensoril's composition is too much like theirs upon advanced chemical analysis. Same herb!

I guess what I'm saying is that Now Foods product might be "excellent quality" but maybe it just doesn't have some specific compound in sufficient amounts in it. Anyone know what the active kidney protectant in astragalus might be? Astragaloside IV?

Just speculating but based on what I've read herbs can have varying levels of the different compounds in it. It could be grown in a different place, it could be processed differently, some extracts might be standardised for a specific compound. I read an interesting thing about ashwagandha. Apparently KSM-66 brand was suing Sensoril because they thought Sensoril was copying their herbal composition. This sounded incredible to me. Same herb but apparently KSM thinks Sensoril's composition is too much like theirs upon advanced chemical analysis. Same herb!

I guess what I'm saying is that Now Foods product might be "excellent quality" but maybe it just doesn't have some specific compound in sufficient amounts in it. Anyone know what the active kidney protectant in astragalus might be? Astragaloside IV?

The cynic in me wonders who drops the most $ into the website conducting the review. I have Nature's Bounty off Amazon. I haven't taken it yet. Hopefully it's decent. I didn't see this thread before I ordered it.

Also, I'm on my 3rd (at least) bottle of KSM-66. I like it but there seems very little proprietary about it. It's just crushed up herb and pepper. I think Sensoril is safe (I see many like it over KSM).

Dude I'm only 46 and I would never take tren at my age. All I do is test and an oral (usually t-bol or var but I admit that I love anadrol). This works for me because with orals I can drop them and clear out my system quick if I feel shitty. Even when I was younger I felt toxic af on tren (but back then I never got blood work done so I don't know how it really effected me)

Also, I'm on my 3rd (at least) bottle of KSM-66. I like it but there seems very little proprietary about it. It's just crushed up herb and pepper. I think Sensoril is safe (I see many like it over KSM).
I read some posts on Reddit by some chemist who claimed neither KSM or Sensoril were what they purported to be. He claimed he saw no plant DNA in them! The owner of nootropicsddepot concurred, said in his super advanced analyses he saw the same and said he took it up with Sensoril, but I don't know what they replied. He sells both KSM and Sensoril and says they definitely work and do have extracts of the herb in there but there are some questions. Most seem to report that KSM is more energizing and Sensoril is more sedating. This guy worked with a partner and developed an Ashwagandha product that is supposed to be super potent called Shoden:

"KSM 66 Ashwagandha: An ashwagandha root extract standardized to about 5% withanolides. KSM 66 is known to be stimulating and may even help promote endurance, energy and muscle recovery.*

Sensoril Ashwagandha: An ashwagandha root and leaf extract and known for being a more smooth, relaxing blend of ashwagandha that can help promote balanced stress levels and support healthy sleep patterns.*

Shoden® Ashwagandha: What makes Shoden® truly unique is that it boasts an outstanding 35% withanolide glycoside content! This, along with high bioavailability made from both ashwagandha root and leaf parts, makes Shoden® a full spectrum ashwagandha extract with a well rounded ashwagandha effect profile."

I want to try the Shoden to see if I notice a difference.

Edit. I find this kind of stuff very interesting lol.

I think the OP is like "damn I'm outta here" lol.

For the OP...there is likely a happy medium here. I can't possibly imagine you'd need to go back to that much test and tren unless you truly are or have a pro level physique you are trying to maintain and the reality is at your age keep pro level size and shape all year is just going to necessitate a lot of drugs. Pro level is sort of a vague term because bboy keeps a "pro level" physique and is a freak.

My point though, is you can probably keep an incredible physique at your age and one you can keep damn good for the next 20 years with far less drugs. It sounds like you are not going to pass on tren but why not try the good old test/tren/mast trifecta? Hell do 400 of test and mast and 200 of tren. Although younger, I was able to stand on a national stage with that amount of drugs (I got my ass kicked, but you get the point).

Dropping tren to 100mgs to 200 or so a week will help keep your health in check and maybe just up the mast. It's also a hell of a "feel good" combo.

Definitely agree on TRT/Break period to "reset" your body somewhat. Your receptors are probably down-regulated due to what you have been on for so long.

Please explain ^^

It is debatable since there hasn't been much research done dealing specifically with PEDs but possible I would imagine as with any receptor in your body that is continuously exposed to a large amount of agonist. Your receptors down regulate over time meaning that they decrease/degrade in numbers resulting in less of a response which you might already be familiar with. Again, not for certain, but definitely something to think about.

Ming-Chung Lin, Rajfer, J., Swerdloff, R. S., & González-Cadavid, N. F. (1993). Testosterone down-regulates the levels of androgen receptor mrna in smooth muscle cells from the rat corpora cavernosa via aromatization to estrogens. The Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 45(5), 333–343. https://doi.org/10.1016/0960-0760(93)90002-e

Pharmacodynamics: Upregulation and downregulation and more. (2016, June 9). The Lecturio Online Medical Library. https://www.lecturio.com/magazine/pharmacodynamics/#:~:text=Downregulation (i.e., decrease in number,the drug may also occur.

It is debatable since there hasn't been much research done dealing specifically with PEDs but possible I would imagine as with any receptor in your body that is continuously exposed to a large amount of agonist. Your receptors down regulate over time meaning that they decrease/degrade in numbers resulting in less of a response which you might already be familiar with. Again, not for certain, but definitely something to think about.

Ming-Chung Lin, Rajfer, J., Swerdloff, R. S., & González-Cadavid, N. F. (1993). Testosterone down-regulates the levels of androgen receptor mrna in smooth muscle cells from the rat corpora cavernosa via aromatization to estrogens. The Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 45(5), 333–343. https://doi.org/10.1016/0960-0760(93)90002-e
^^^^^Did you even read this “study”?! 🤣lmfao

https://www.perrlacomplete.com/App/...nce-edit/74F298C0-5D61-4DB8-AAE4-E775C2C841C7
^^^^^^^all this is, is terminology definintions

GET A JOB

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear