over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

70-80-90 bodybuilders

another thing, its easier to go to failure if you're using moderate to light weight doing 12 to 20 reps. Doing reps to failure with heavy iron in the range of 5 to 10 reps takes much more out of you and does more damage. You're basically damaging your muscles and then resting a few days as they heal and heavy weight causes more.
To heavy weights will put to much stress on you joints and ligament, it will take longer time to recover, your muscle can be recover much faster, also sleep is one of the most important for mental recover, if you can`t sleep you need to learn how to meditate. Once you are mentally recuperated and re fed your body with nutrition , you will be ready to train agent, I can be totally recuperated in 12 hour.

I did try on set per body part when I was in the Romanian Military, I was repeating the one stet training every day 2 times.

Most of you looking for the answers on the wrong places (drugs)

I am not so sure he still trains the way he did with Steve Michalik. And by his own
admission and for lack of a better word, he was 'brainwashed' by Steve and Steve
created many many problems for him in his life.

Just listen to the interview with John. Very interesting and enlightening.

The entire over training thing, huge number of sets was not practiced by every
body was but popular back in the day. Like thethinker48 said, '"who said they
didn't" over train? I think they did but drugs cover a multitude of 'sins' and you
have to remember these guys did not just jump into the large number of sets,
it takes time to get into this condition, and it conditioning and not all sets were
to failure or even close to according to what I saw in the 70's which was the
most surprising thing I noticed about their training, they did not train nearly as
hard as I thought was required in proportion to their size. Huge difference.

And who says they would not have grown on less . . . a lot less, but like drugs,
everybody is afraid to take less because they do not want to be left behind,
they must take what everybody else is taking (or more) to stay competitive.
Same with training. It took a while for this (training) to moderate back to where
we are today, a more sane approach but not total sanity.

And keep in mind, these guy, like the ones today, are genetic freaks, one in I don't
know how many million . . . but a lot and then some.

In sum, the human body is amazing, it can become conditioned to many things,
a crazy number like people have mentioned above but . . . it is really required?

I reckon, for me at least, training (and this could apply to drugs as well) it is such
like gas mileage; get under the hood and tweak things so you can get the most
out of the least.
Yes this is one of the most important part (it takes time to get into this condition,)

When Dave asked Milos about this, his response was along the line "there's no such thing as under training, just under eating/rest"

At the end of the day just try and see what works for you, should be fairly evident real fast whats working or not/taxing you too much.

When Dave asked Milos about this, his response was along the line "there's no such thing as under training, just under eating/rest"

At the end of the day just try and see what works for you, should be fairly evident real fast whats working or not/taxing you too much.
Milos is correct.

how are you training now. the gym being closed has killed me. i can honestly say i look absolutely nothing like i use to. i came off gear. im looking at myself and almost panicking. im thinking abkut getting an excercise bike and literally just going for a swimmers body. i cant hold my weight with out hard heavy lifting. im short. now im short and fat just not a good look right now
Im lucky because I have a bunch of Olympics weights, dumbbells up to 65 lbs, a power rack with bench, and a pulldown/row machine. So im just using those along with my treadmill. The only problem I am having is that my left knee is really sore and hurts all of the time now. I think all the jogging and squats has hurt my knee somehow. When I was at the gym I mostly did stationary biking and belt squats. Since im in heart failure I don't lift that hard now anyhow. Im mainly just trying to get healthier/maintain health.

For those that after 10 years of training and using drugs still looking for the magic drugs , analyses and figured out the mistakes that are you doing and correct them, is no secrets, training correctly eating healthy and resting is the magic formula. You need to put 100% effort, physically and mentally, no distraction when you train. Stop wasting your trim on micros and all that BS.

Everyone seems to be on that ‘one set per exercise’ thing these days. The fads keep changing, and get promoted as the only way to grow. Total horse shit! Train hard, eat, take drugs, rest. You grow regardless if you do those. Dorian would have been a freak from doing one set or doing 50 sets. Genetics, and genetic response to drugs, are the most important factors.
If I remember correctly, even Mentzer put on most of his size doing lots of volume.

“There is no such thing as over training, only under eating” (bodybuilding adage)

"There is no such thing as over training, only under eating” is a famous bodybuilding adage that has been attributed to several people. The saying appears in The Gold’s Gym Book of Bodybuilding (1983) by Ken Sprague and Bill Reynolds”

“There’s no such thing as over training. It’s a word used by the weak-minded. There is only under eating, under sleeping, and the failure of will.”

**broken link removed** has been given credit (see the 2002 citation below), but there’s no information on his website that would indicate that he either coined the saying or popularly uses it.

The Barbarian Brothers (Peter Paul and Ron Paul) received credit in a 1989 book for saying, “There is no such thing as over training. There is only under eating, under sleeping, and failure of will.” However, they were coming out with their first Hollywood movie in 1983 (D.C. Cab) and it’s unlikely that the 1983 Gold’s Gym book took the saying from the then relatively unknown bodybuilders.

Arnold trained 4 hours a day!

Also Serge Nubret was notorious for high volume training.

Everyone seems to be on that ‘one set per exercise’ thing these days. The fads keep changing, and get promoted as the only way to grow. Total horse shit! Train hard, eat, take drugs, rest. You grow regardless if you do those. Dorian would have been a freak from doing one set or doing 50 sets. Genetics, and genetic response to drugs, are the most important factors.

Everyone hates hearing this, but it's the ultimate truth.

If I remember correctly, even Mentzer put on most of his size doing lots of volume.

Mike did not train the way he advised others to train. After he lost to Arnold in
Australia he pretty much 'went off the rails', lost all interest in bodybuilding
competition and tried to cash in on his name and his so called training principles.

And "lots of volume" is a relative term. By his own admission, he put on most of
his size training on very a modest, 4 day per week split training program, believe
he reached his peak condition by doing so.

I met Mike at Golds in Venice Beach and after that I had several phone conversations
with him (not paid consultations) so I am pretty sure of the details, but as always, I
stand corrected.

I don`t train Sundays (usually) however yesterday I did train my legs, 3 time (4x 20 reps, 6 AM, 4x20 reps 12 noon and 4x20 6 PM) , today I felt fantastic and I did 4x 20 reps agent after chest training.

I don`t train Sundays (usually) however yesterday I did train my legs, 3 time (4x 20 reps, 6 AM, 4x20 reps 12 noon and 4x20 6 PM) , today I felt fantastic and I did 4x 20 reps agent after chest training.
Can you go into more detail

Robby Robinson is 74 and he trains every day, even Sundays. See below photo, taken before the Corona Virus.

Attachments

• Roby 2020.jpg
    Roby 2020.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 29
1 set 20 reps body weight, and 4 x20 reps holding 50lb dumbbells in each hand.

I also like this exercise and do it all the time. I do anywhere from 15 to 25 reps.

I also like this exercise and do it all the time. I do anywhere from 15 to 25 reps.
Using dumbbells might help with low back issues? Never tried it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131