over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

737 Lb Deadlift for the strength guys

Powerbuilder

Registered
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZPAro3AhAg"]Kevin OAK 737 Lb Deadlift - YouTube[/ame]

Deadlift day, decided to push for a PR before I switched back to higher volume for a while and tone back intensity. I've thought for the last month or so I should be good for about 725 but the 710 went up pretty easy and 737 made more sense. I was able to pull through with a little struggle and I'm that much closer to my goal of 800 lbs during the first half of next year.

Way to grind it out man. That was an impressive break through the sticking point without a hitch.

Looking strong brother! Beast mode - ON!!!

That is probably the most impressive member related theyhing I've ever seen on this site.

Do you owe it to your fancy schmancy gym?

Ps. I think watching that video injured my back

Last edited:
SBC5966 - Thanks, ever since I switched back to a conventional stance I've had this sticking point where I get the weight to my knees quickly and then my hamstrings and hips struggle. I really need to build strength in those two area's.

BigDM - Thanks bro

TriathlonCoach - Thanks, I love my gym. Atlas stones and tractor tires everywhere. I cant even imagine going back to a regular gym, although I do miss some of the specialized machines you find at more commercial gyms.

Very impressive. I'm gonna call you next time I need to change a tire, screw using a jack, you can lift the car.

BEAST

SBC5966 - Thanks, ever since I switched back to a conventional stance I've had this sticking point where I get the weight to my knees quickly and then my hamstrings and hips struggle. I really need to build strength in those two area's.

Very strong pull, we'll done! Pin pulls from just below the knees will help build that strength in the top half of the pull. And careful with flexing your arm, keep it straight and locked to avoid tearing off a bicep

Nice pull, Kevin. If you can stay injury-free, I think you'll eventually pull over 800.

I also saw that you got one of the spots for the XPC Raw Finals next year. Should be a great contest with some outstanding competition. Best of luck in your preparation.

Way to go Kevin !
740 in the 220s was my best ever what weight class r u competing in?

deerslayer - Car deadlifts are one of the funnest strongman events, I gotta do another strongman comp.

rantitude - Thanks, I've added in block pulls lately and the bar usually ends up right under my knees. It's been a struggle so far to say the least with those. Just gotta stay with it.

Wanderer - Thanks, I'm looking forward to that competition hopefully by then I'm in 800 territory. That would be a great competition to do it or at least give a good attempt at it.

Capin - Thanks, I'm 238 as of today. I competed at 220 a couple of weeks ago but that cut completely destroyed my performance so for now on I'm not cutting weight. I'm looking to add a little mass hopefully I can get up to about 255 so I'll be competing in the 275 weight class.

Kevin,
Your a dick. I just posted about my bulging disk issue and you post up this awesome lift? :banghead: Consider yourself reported to the mods, I don't know for what, but I'm reporting you.

Fantastic pull my brother! I miss those days.

awesome work!

LOL!!! at your 650.....looked like the first rep of a set of 10!!! Nice 737....can't see you doing less than 750-770 in your next meet!

Power - sorry to hear I've had my fair share of injuries and it always sucks. Good luck with rehabbing it.

Dropshot - Thanks!

Tom - Thanks lol, I'm finally getting a nice pop off the ground. Speed makes the deadlift so much easier it's not even funny.

Hey Kevin one thing I noticed in ur vid is that the bar got hung up on your shorts now you may already know this but we always wore a squat suit, shave your legs and put baby powder on them once the bar clears your knees slide it up your thighs. No chalk baby powder!

To help your grip make a tight fist then wrap your forearm notice how difficult it is to open your hand.

Also try putting a pile of chalk on the palm of your hand it will help your grip.

These may seam like insignificant things but its these little tricks that will help you pull 800

Have you thought about competing in the 242s?

It was very difficult for me to make the 220s also, I normally weighed around 260 in my early twenties and of course I lost some strength dieting down. Had I continued to compete it would have been in the 242s

One thing to keep in mind regardless of your weight class is if you can bench twice your body weight, squat and deadlift three times your body weight it will almost guarantee you a 1st, 2nd or 3rd place finish in most contests.

You should strive to be good in all three lifts I feel to many guys concentrate on say bench and neglect the other two, remember it is the total of the three that determines the winner.

Hope this helps brother!

Damn nice lift and way to stick with it. What knee sleeves are you using looking for a nice pair to keep me warm and help my tendonitis.

awesome pull.
im pleased to see the block pulls as well.always a useful tool.
your on the way.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner