over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

8 Months Out - 2011 Masters Nationals

mikeheavypecs

IFBB Judge
JUDGES
Hey Bros! Need your alls help again!

Ok. Here goes.... Since I posted my pics a month ago my pants are falling off and I'm at the last belt loop and I'm shrinking away LOL. Anyway, I am down to 242 as of today and trying to lose at least 2 lbs a week and I have 8 months to the day before the Over50 Masters Nationals. I would really like your comments/feedback since the last pics that I posted one month ago. Be honest in your comments..I can handle it :) I still have 8 months so I need other perspectives on what to work on. Hopefully, I still have time to bring up my weak points. I'm adding T3 today so the next months changes should be interesting. I really appreciate your help, my friends! I'm still 57 but turn 58 on 12/2/10; man, does time fly! :)

I'll show my quads in the next "7 Months out" thread :)

Any guesses on my %bf? just curious.....

Much respect,
Mike

Attachments

• RDSC00458.jpg
    RDSC00458.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 790
  • RDSC00459.jpg
    RDSC00459.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 648
  • RDSC00462.jpg
    RDSC00462.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 633
  • RDSC00460.jpg
    RDSC00460.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 622
Pittsburgh, beware of Mikezilla!! Keep it going, brother.

No wonder you are such a good guy. Also a Saggitarian. I will be a year older a week later.

Actually, make that a year better for us both!

Your arms look huge Mike!

Other than that you definitely are looking leaner!

Hey Mike,
The diet looks like it working nicely. Your waist is really trimming up. And your arms really starting to show. They look huge.

Thanks guys! It really helps me to get your alls viewpoints!

Mike

Youve come a long way since those last photos you posted. I think your back and arms look real good. You dont seem to carry much extra weight in your back area.
I am wondering if you have an umbilical hernia.In that first photo it looks like you have a bulge much like I had once. I had one and finally got it repaired along with 2 inguinal hernias. I see youre a judge, do you feel like judges deduct points from competitors that have a bulge from a hernia? I always wondered about that.

hey Maldorf!
Thanks for you comments. As far as the umbilical hernia, I have had it for about 2 years now. It doesn't seem to get worse, but I know that I need to have it fixed but I can't afford the down time for it. How long before you could lift again, once you had the surgery? When I judge I don't really let it affect my decision, unless it is alot bigger than the one I had which I have seen on stage. I guess it all depends on how distracting from the physique it is. It would probably fall in the category of scars from surgery, excessive tatts, etc where it is all up to the discretion of the individual judge...
Mike

Youve come a long way since those last photos you posted. I think your back and arms look real good. You dont seem to carry much extra weight in your back area.
I am wondering if you have an umbilical hernia.In that first photo it looks like you have a bulge much like I had once. I had one and finally got it repaired along with 2 inguinal hernias. I see youre a judge, do you feel like judges deduct points from competitors that have a bulge from a hernia? I always wondered about that.

hey Maldorf!
Thanks for you comments. As far as the umbilical hernia, I have had it for about 2 years now. It doesn't seem to get worse, but I know that I need to have it fixed but I can't afford the down time for it. How long before you could lift again, once you had the surgery? When I judge I don't really let it affect my decision, unless it is alot bigger than the one I had which I have seen on stage. I guess it all depends on how distracting from the physique it is. It would probably fall in the category of scars from surgery, excessive tatts, etc where it is all up to the discretion of the individual judge...
Mike

Well, I honestly dont remember how long it took me to get back to lifting as I normally would because its been more than 5 years I think since I had it. I would say it was about 2 weeks of not lifting at all, then about 2 months of taking it easy. I avoided exercices like:squats, deads, bentover rows and at first used mostly machines trying to take off the stress on the core. I also had 2 inguinal hernias repaired too, so my recovery might be different than what youd experience. I did end up partially retearing the umbilical hernia about 3 or 4 months later buts its very small now and hasnt grown at all.
I had that hernia for about 16 years or more before I had it repaired. Each year it slowly grew bigger and bigger. Mine was actually smaller than yours id say. I mainly had mine done because it felt somewhat uncomfortable and mostly because I also suffered the 2 inguinals and those hurt so I figured id get them all fiexed at teh same time.
If I were you id get it fixed now before it grows any larger, and it will over time. The down time was frustrating while it was going on but it was nothing significant in the course of my life and this is evident in the fact that today I cant even remember how long I was "down" in the gym! Nowadays all that dominated my mind is how I feel after my heart attack and how that affects my life.

Hey buddy,
Yeah, I know i have to get it fixed some time, but I can't take that much time out of my contest prep for the Masters Nationals. I would like to tell you after you had your heart attack, I got every cardio test done possible. It should have been an awakening for all of us. I know it was for me. I'm lucky and have good insurance and get just about any test done to make sure everything is working ok....

Thanks for your comments, Bro!
MIke

Well, I honestly dont remember how long it took me to get back to lifting as I normally would because its been more than 5 years I think since I had it. I would say it was about 2 weeks of not lifting at all, then about 2 months of taking it easy. I avoided exercices like:squats, deads, bentover rows and at first used mostly machines trying to take off the stress on the core. I also had 2 inguinal hernias repaired too, so my recovery might be different than what youd experience. I did end up partially retearing the umbilical hernia about 3 or 4 months later buts its very small now and hasnt grown at all.
I had that hernia for about 16 years or more before I had it repaired. Each year it slowly grew bigger and bigger. Mine was actually smaller than yours id say. I mainly had mine done because it felt somewhat uncomfortable and mostly because I also suffered the 2 inguinals and those hurt so I figured id get them all fiexed at teh same time.
If I were you id get it fixed now before it grows any larger, and it will over time. The down time was frustrating while it was going on but it was nothing significant in the course of my life and this is evident in the fact that today I cant even remember how long I was "down" in the gym! Nowadays all that dominated my mind is how I feel after my heart attack and how that affects my life.

hey Mike - much improvement in 1 month! You can definitely see the taper coming back - nice work!

Mardorf - u mind telling what they did for your Unbilical hernia? i have one too and it just gets bigger the leaner i get. What did it cost to fix it?
thanks

hey Mike - much improvement in 1 month! You can definitely see the taper coming back - nice work!

Mardorf - u mind telling what they did for your Unbilical hernia? i have one too and it just gets bigger the leaner i get. What did it cost to fix it?
thanks

The did an open procedure and patched it with mesh. Doing the umbilical hernia surgery is more sucessful, as far as lessing the risk of reinjury, than the laproscopic. they did laproscopic on my 2 inguinals though because that is superior for surgery down there.

As far as cost, I dont really remember but I think I only paid $250 !! That was back when people could get insurance that was good. My copay was just $250 for hospital admission! Nowadays I am paying $1200 deductable before the insurance will pay a dime and then its 25% after I hit my deductable. I cant remember what the full cost billed to insurance was because its been so long and I dont have records anymore.
I do remember what my 2 stays in the hosptial for my heart attack and arrythmia/defib implantation surgery were though. The heart attack was billed to insurance for $125,00 and then the arrythmia stay I had and then getting my defibrillator implanted was billed at $135,000. Crazy shit.

Body fat reduction is most apparent in your arms. That's the first place that gets lean for me, and I guess all men.

Good on you for sticking to the nutrition. I hope you make it to the finish line.

Thanks, Leanbody! It's a long upward battle getting that taper back! LOL Glad you can see improvement; that tells me something is working :)
Mike

thanks

Mike,

You have improved greatly, keep up the excellent work! Arms are up in size and shape, shoulders starting to show definition and separation, waist down in size, you are on the right path, don't back down.

8 months seems like a long way away but I would suggest to start practicing your posing now (if you already haven't). A lesson I learned this past year, presenting yourself the way you want is as important as the diet and training.

Your progress is inspiring! Keep at it and achieve your goals!:headbang:

Mike I hope I look as good as you when I get to your age. As for your hernia, I had an umbilical repaired and was out for about 2 months. I probably could have gone back sooner but I was afraid of screwing something up. good luck

Hey buddy,
Yeah, I know i have to get it fixed some time, but I can't take that much time out of my contest prep for the Masters Nationals. I would like to tell you after you had your heart attack, I got every cardio test done possible. It should have been an awakening for all of us. I know it was for me. I'm lucky and have good insurance and get just about any test done to make sure everything is working ok....

Thanks for your comments, Bro!
MIke

I'm really glad that I have a positive influence on your life. Its my hope that others will be doing the same thing that you did and also reevaluate their AAS usage.

wow, thanks Wrose for the inspiration! You know well what I am going through right now and your encouragement means alot to me; your transformation is awesome. I've got to say I was looking at your photos yesterday and am extremely impressed with your VShape. Your entire physique is what the judges term "hourglass" which means you upper body and lower body are symmetric and in balance with wide shoulders tapering off to a very small waist and then flairing back out with excellent sweeps on your quads. Actually, if you don't mind, I will PM you and I would like to see what ab exercises you did to bring in your waist so much. :)

Thanks again, Bro!
Mike

Mike,

You have improved greatly, keep up the excellent work! Arms are up in size and shape, shoulders starting to show definition and separation, waist down in size, you are on the right path, don't back down.

8 months seems like a long way away but I would suggest to start practicing your posing now (if you already haven't). A lesson I learned this past year, presenting yourself the way you want is as important as the diet and training.

Your progress is inspiring! Keep at it and achieve your goals!:headbang:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity