over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

8 weeks out from Mr. Indianapolis..

looking great...keep it up. your legs are going to be SHREDDED!

flexmaster said:
looking great...keep it up. your legs are going to be SHREDDED!

i'd say he is already shredded and on his way to being sliced, lol
looking great dude.

Vander_V said:
I like the way you think very modest, its better to just go in there doing your best and having fun with it rather then saying your gonna do this and that and Im gonna win kind of attitude like most people do , then once they have lost get a rude awakening and make up tons of excuses,,, its up to the panel of judges nothing us BBs can do about that so just have a good time up there .

Oh and by the way i dont really think youll have any trouble placing if not winning bro .

Exactly bro. All I can do is bring my best package possible that day. As long as I do that, I have nothing to be ashamed of. I just want to go and have fun, but not set myself up for disappointment by setting outrageous goals. Of course I'm going out there to win, but life goes on regardless and I'm exceptionally pleased thus far anyhow.

BCC,

Normally I don't post, or even register. But I'd like to offer a few words of encouragement and a couple of suggestions. I've been judging for over twenty years (do say hello to Phil for me; haven't talked with him since he was doing the USA's), and since this seems a pretty "friendly" thread and you've obviously put in a lot of hard work, I thought I'd "weigh in"! Obviously, you can take the advice or leave it, as you see fit, since ultimately you must make the choices as to how to present yourself.

First, assuming you can afford the entry fees, enter all the categories including open. You're good enough to have won your class in most of the open classes I've judged over the last twenty years, including about half the national qualifiers. The only way you can be sure not to do well is not to play.

Second, your most recent comment is right on. Put yourself on stage the way you want to look. If we judges like it, then great. If we don't, you still go home liking the way you look.

Third, two principles of judging: we are always judging the whole physique all the time, regardless of the body part after which the pose is named, and regardless of whether it's being called the "symmetry" round (quarter turns) or the "muscularity" round (mandatories); the other principle is that there's a greater loss from displaying a weakness than there is gain from flaunting a strength, which means that distorting your physique to show a "good" body part loses more for you with regard to symmetry than it gains, and if a weakness is exposed in the process, it loses you even more.

That said:

Side chest: two things. Try rotating your hand into the same position as when you're doing hammer curls. It will lengthen the biceps and make it look fuller. You're losing more in this judge's view from the biceps appearing short than you are gaining from showing the peak. Also, you're leaning towards the camera/judges, and in the process can't use your torso to increase the size of your arm. Try straightening up and bringing your upper arm against the torso so that you can use your lat to push out the tri and your rib cage to push out the bi. There's a reason the old-timers did the side chest the way they did and made that the "classic" form.

Front lat: forget the name of the pose; the lats are of minor importance in what good judges are looking at in this pose. Drop your rib cage a little so you can show some abs -- not too far so you look flat or narrow! Put your hands back a little further on your sides so I'm looking at your arms straight on and with maximum thickness, rather than foreshortened so your tris disappear the way they do now. Keep your shoulders straight across, not hiked up or rolled forward, so I can see the trap development (which collapes if you hike your shoulders up) and the upper pec (which collapses if you roll your shoulders forward). Remember: good judges are always judging the whole physique, regardless of the name of the pose.

Back lat: Straighten up a bit and tuck your butt. In trying to get the lats out, you're losing all display of thickness and development in the upper back. Practice starting the pose with your fists all the way back along the spine. Before allowing your hands to move, flare your lats as much as you can. Continuing to stretch the lats, slowly let the hands slide along the back into position at your side. You'll be standing straight up, lats will be out, upper back will show. Then tuck your butt which will tighten up the skin in the lower back. Finally, put the pressure of your hands on your knuckles and release the thumbs. This will stop the stretching of the skin in the lower back and release any folds of skin that you may be creating.

Sorry this is so close to your competition. And maybe you'd rather not try to make changes this close. But...couldn't resist offering my two cents. 45 minutes every other day practicing the mandatories will make a huge difference in your presentation, even starting this close to your show.

You've got excellent development for a district-level competitor of any age; for a teen, you're amazing. Wish I were there to enjoy your show, but it's a long way from L.A.!

Best of luck!! And most of all, enjoy!!

KenT

I agree totally...

BCC said:
Exactly bro. All I can do is bring my best package possible that day. As long as I do that, I have nothing to be ashamed of. I just want to go and have fun, but not set myself up for disappointment by setting outrageous goals. Of course I'm going out there to win, but life goes on regardless and I'm exceptionally pleased thus far anyhow.

With that you will go far in life in whatever you decide to do.

Sincerely,
Di

Great advice

KenT said:
BCC,

Normally I don't post, or even register. But I'd like to offer a few words of encouragement and a couple of suggestions. I've been judging for over twenty years (do say hello to Phil for me; haven't talked with him since he was doing the USA's), and since this seems a pretty "friendly" thread and you've obviously put in a lot of hard work, I thought I'd "weigh in"! Obviously, you can take the advice or leave it, as you see fit, since ultimately you must make the choices as to how to present yourself.

First, assuming you can afford the entry fees, enter all the categories including open. You're good enough to have won your class in most of the open classes I've judged over the last twenty years, including about half the national qualifiers. The only way you can be sure not to do well is not to play.

Second, your most recent comment is right on. Put yourself on stage the way you want to look. If we judges like it, then great. If we don't, you still go home liking the way you look.

Third, two principles of judging: we are always judging the whole physique all the time, regardless of the body part after which the pose is named, and regardless of whether it's being called the "symmetry" round (quarter turns) or the "muscularity" round (mandatories); the other principle is that there's a greater loss from displaying a weakness than there is gain from flaunting a strength, which means that distorting your physique to show a "good" body part loses more for you with regard to symmetry than it gains, and if a weakness is exposed in the process, it loses you even more.

That said:

Side chest: two things. Try rotating your hand into the same position as when you're doing hammer curls. It will lengthen the biceps and make it look fuller. You're losing more in this judge's view from the biceps appearing short than you are gaining from showing the peak. Also, you're leaning towards the camera/judges, and in the process can't use your torso to increase the size of your arm. Try straightening up and bringing your upper arm against the torso so that you can use your lat to push out the tri and your rib cage to push out the bi. There's a reason the old-timers did the side chest the way they did and made that the "classic" form.

Front lat: forget the name of the pose; the lats are of minor importance in what good judges are looking at in this pose. Drop your rib cage a little so you can show some abs -- not too far so you look flat or narrow! Put your hands back a little further on your sides so I'm looking at your arms straight on and with maximum thickness, rather than foreshortened so your tris disappear the way they do now. Keep your shoulders straight across, not hiked up or rolled forward, so I can see the trap development (which collapes if you hike your shoulders up) and the upper pec (which collapses if you roll your shoulders forward). Remember: good judges are always judging the whole physique, regardless of the name of the pose.

Back lat: Straighten up a bit and tuck your butt. In trying to get the lats out, you're losing all display of thickness and development in the upper back. Practice starting the pose with your fists all the way back along the spine. Before allowing your hands to move, flare your lats as much as you can. Continuing to stretch the lats, slowly let the hands slide along the back into position at your side. You'll be standing straight up, lats will be out, upper back will show. Then tuck your butt which will tighten up the skin in the lower back. Finally, put the pressure of your hands on your knuckles and release the thumbs. This will stop the stretching of the skin in the lower back and release any folds of skin that you may be creating.

Sorry this is so close to your competition. And maybe you'd rather not try to make changes this close. But...couldn't resist offering my two cents. 45 minutes every other day practicing the mandatories will make a huge difference in your presentation, even starting this close to your show.

You've got excellent development for a district-level competitor of any age; for a teen, you're amazing. Wish I were there to enjoy your show, but it's a long way from L.A.!

KenT

Not everyday that a guy like this takes notice!! Good to see you Ken!!!

BCC said:

Just to let you know you progess has been great and you are really an inspiration to a lot of people(i think :D)
Or at least you are an inspiration to me and i am in far away Singapore.
i will be competing next yr and man i wanna be like you!!!!!!!
And D*** i am already 28 this yr and you are still 19 :(

All the best for you show........i am sure you will done fine :)

Lookin good, broly. Your legs are some of the best I have ever seen at this level and your back is up there to match. I can't wait to hear the results from this show and I am even more curious about where you will be in a few years. Good luck and Godspeed.

Christ man!!! Its starting to get grainy looking in that last pic.....nice work. You have something many dont have in this sport and thats an open mind. Keep that attitude...it will take you places. As far as the placing is concerned, who cares if you win the overall or get dead last...the real goal here is comming in the best possible condition and you are on your way. Not too many people can do what you do and at 19, thats a hell of a work ethic to be focused on a comp like this and be in that shape. I wish I could be back stage when you are getting ready to go out with your classes because I can almost be certain there are going to be a lot of people shitting their pants and wishing they didnt cheat on their diets. Light em up on stage and then go get some good food in your system afterward. You have earned it.

Here is a pic to get you fired up.....think and be shredded!!!!!

Attachments

• morris_8806.jpg
    morris_8806.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 2,721
so how is your progress going, man ? show must be coming up soon now, no ?
john

All the best for the show............have fun.
do post some pics from the show if you have some ya?
:D

He's now Mr. Teen Indianapolis! He placed 3rd in the open category. Way to go, BCC!

KenT said:
BCC,

That said:

KenT

Ken, I wanted to thank you for all of this information, I put as much into practice as I could given the time frame. Most notably I changed my bicep to the hammer position in my side chest.

The advice I really needed to take was in the front lat and relaxed, I really needed to drop my ribcage like you said to show abs, for some reason I thought that made me look fat, but even my mom and dad were telling me to do it. I'll make sure to do it in my next show this Saturday.

I did get this Friday off of work, so I will be going and doing the Terre Haute show. Phil and I are going to try something a little different for this week and see how it goes. This is somewhat of an experimental show, and I'll also be using it to gain more comfort on stage.

205 pounds...

Attachments

• sidetribest.jpg
    sidetribest.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 3,137
Bad lighting...

Attachments

• newsidechest1.jpg
    newsidechest1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 2,029
BCC at Indianapolis Show

I had the pleasure of watching this young man compete at the Indianapolis show, and he was impressive! Not only does he have his stuff together physically, but he conducted himself with class and showed real sportsmanship. On stage he really was confident and made smiling eye contact with all the judges. I spoke with him briefly offstage and his demeanor was positive and relaxed, unlike many of the lesser jerks who compete. BCC is a great ambassador for the sport and I hope to see him continue to refine an already outstanding physique.

BCC, I may see you at the Indiana show-- may be doing the novice lightweights and the novice Masters.

Stay Strong!

Attachments

• BCCsidechest2.jpg
    BCCsidechest2.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,331
  • BCCbis.jpg
    BCCbis.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,184
  • BCClats.jpg
    BCClats.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,098
  • BCCsidechest.jpg
    BCCsidechest.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,125
KnowstheSky said:
I had the pleasure of watching this young man compete at the Indianapolis show, and he was impressive! Not only does he have his stuff together physically, but he conducted himself with class and showed real sportsmanship. On stage he really was confident and made smiling eye contact with all the judges. I spoke with him briefly offstage and his demeanor was positive and relaxed, unlike many of the lesser jerks who compete. BCC is a great ambassador for the sport and I hope to see him continue to refine an already outstanding physique.

BCC, I may see you at the Indiana show-- may be doing the novice lightweights and the novice Masters.

Stay Strong!

that was really nice of you,and i bet BCC is the way he is.
great guy,great competotor.thats the way its suposed to be.
CONGRATS BCC one more time.

Great job!

BCC,

Thanks for letting me know that the advice was helpful!

I'm just back home from the Jr. Nationals in Chicago, which was a pretty strong show. Looking at the side tri shot of you at 205#, you're really not very far away from being able to compete at that level -- that's a mighty impressive physique! You probably know that Erick Seng who won at the Indianapolis show took 3rd in the Heavies at the Jr. Nationals, so that will give you an idea "up close and personal" having been in the same competition with him, about the level of competition.

Thanks to whoever posted the competition shots, also.

I'm sure you and Phil will continue experimenting with how to stay both tight and full at the same time. Don't worry too much about how you place at this point -- it's more important to experiment and learn so that the next time you diet down to compete you're more sure of yourself. You are quite correct to be doing several shows this time round -- don't hesitate or hold back because you're worried about how you'll place! Learn as much as you can about your metabolism and what works for you.

If you come to any national shows or to L.A., look me up and say hello!

KenT

KenT said:
BCC,

Thanks for letting me know that the advice was helpful!

I'm just back home from the Jr. Nationals in Chicago, which was a pretty strong show. Looking at the side tri shot of you at 205#, you're really not very far away from being able to compete at that level -- that's a mighty impressive physique! You probably know that Erick Seng who won at the Indianapolis show took 3rd in the Heavies at the Jr. Nationals, so that will give you an idea "up close and personal" having been in the same competition with him, about the level of competition.

Thanks to whoever posted the competition shots, also.

I'm sure you and Phil will continue experimenting with how to stay both tight and full at the same time. Don't worry too much about how you place at this point -- it's more important to experiment and learn so that the next time you diet down to compete you're more sure of yourself. You are quite correct to be doing several shows this time round -- don't hesitate or hold back because you're worried about how you'll place! Learn as much as you can about your metabolism and what works for you.

If you come to any national shows or to L.A., look me up and say hello!

KenT

Erick Seng took 3rd,nice.we did show together,and i beet him in overall few years ago,man i wanted to do nationals this year.shit my fu.... up knees.but we are very good frieds.hes very good guy.
and BCC its your future bro ;)

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner