over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

84 Days of Man in the Mirror

SL1CED

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Working with Alex Azarian for the next year, the first part is a 12-week(84 day) body recomp. Decided to take it one stage at a time rather than a full log.

Diet/Training:

Will be vague with this since I paid for it, and it's what Alex does, but in regards to my previous ketogenic diet it's much higher protein, much less fat, and for me..moderate carbs, but low to the average person. The protein though is really high.

Training wise I'm working with someone separate but it's Push-Pull twice a week(4 days a week) focusing on primarily intensity and conditioning. Keep rest periods relatively low, volume low, frequency high, but intensity real high. He wants to add a healthy amount of LBs across the board. Enough to where we can use a little bit lighter and manipulate them better when we're actually "off-season bulking" under Alex's guidance when that time finally comes.

Cardio it's after training, solid pace. If anything, Alex and my trainer have laid out things real simple. Hardly any thinking or stressing. There's no set number of anything I have to reach, etc. it's just how it goes.

Updates:
Pictures: Side, Front, Far Front on Day 1, 42, 84

Diet: Daily at night with a recap of how close I did to the diet and any questions.

Training: How I felt in the gym, was I stressed, and if I made PRs or am I still weak as shit generally weekly.

Goals:

Look better in the mirror and without my shirt on.

Get stronger in the gym.

History:

Been skinny-fat my whole life. Best condition I've been in is now which is just south of 13% body fat with barely 150lbs. Pretty shitty to say the least, but that's why I hired help.

Supplements:
Vitamin D(5000 IU daily)
ZMA(pre-bed)

Don't count protein powder of fish oil, cause that's food.

Last edited:
RESERVED: DAY 1 PICTURES

FRONT FAR RELAXED
**broken link removed**

SIDE RELAXED
**broken link removed**

FRONT FAR RELAXED
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
RESERVED: DAY 42 PICTURES

FRONT FAR RELAXED
**broken link removed**

LOWER BACK RELAXED
**broken link removed**

FRONT RELAXED
**broken link removed**

SIDE RELAXED
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
DAY 84 PICTURES

FRONT RELAXED
**broken link removed**

SIDE RELAXED
**broken link removed**

FRONT FAR RELAXED
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Thanks for following along man.

Day 1 was real good so far. Had a great, great workout. Didn't stress at all, just went after the weights. Didn't think that, oh I just went on vacation I'll be weak, if anything I was stronger. Farmer's walk burned me. I lost grip on my left hand on the final set...shit's tough, pump was nice.

Got a good 9 hours of sleep, too. I've taken 3 of my meals with 1 more coming in an hour, dinner 3 hours after that, and late meal about 3 hours after that.

Protein is real high. I didn't realize how much 6oz of meat is or how much 7oz is. I generally at around the 4-5 oz, high end 6oz sometimes but those were hungry days. Off-days I have meat higher than any of these mentioned, so that should be interesting.

Day 1 Done. 83 Days To Go.

Diet was on key, training was perfect, cardio was done, etc. Feel good, about to get a good 9-10 hours of sleep and repeat. Tommorow is Push day.

Day 2 all but wrapped up, got my last meal in the fridge ready to go in a bit.

Training wise good. Strength did go down about a good 5-10lbs in two major lifts, but I guess that's fine since I hadn't done them in about 3 weeks and had a 1-week vacation during it. The old me would stress about it and avoid doing that exercise.

My triceps were burnt. It's not that high volume, it's just the basis of heavy loads and the little rest you get. Once I catch my break, it's on to the next set.

Tommorow is on off-day. If I thought Workout Day protein servings were high, off-days are ENORMOUS. Just a glance, I think it's an extra 25-30% more protein, slightly less carbs, and less fat.

If anyone has ideas on a RTD or protein bar that's balanced in fat with moderate carbs and VERY HIGH protein it'd be much appreciated. Something I can go get at a health store that has a wide selection that most online retailers have. Travelling on Sunday(off-day) so protein is high and I have about 4 meals there that I cannot eat the scheduled meals.

Day 2 Done. 82 More to go.

Training on key, diet, cardio, too. Water was off...barely 60oz. Didn't feel like drinking that much.

Off-day tommorow.

Day 2 all but wrapped up, got my last meal in the fridge ready to go in a bit.

Training wise good. Strength did go down about a good 5-10lbs in two major lifts, but I guess that's fine since I hadn't done them in about 3 weeks and had a 1-week vacation during it. The old me would stress about it and avoid doing that exercise.

My triceps were burnt. It's not that high volume, it's just the basis of heavy loads and the little rest you get. Once I catch my break, it's on to the next set.

Tommorow is on off-day. If I thought Workout Day protein servings were high, off-days are ENORMOUS. Just a glance, I think it's an extra 25-30% more protein, slightly less carbs, and less fat.

If anyone has ideas on a RTD or protein bar that's balanced in fat with moderate carbs and VERY HIGH protein it'd be much appreciated. Something I can go get at a health store that has a wide selection that most online retailers have. Travelling on Sunday(off-day) so protein is high and I have about 4 meals there that I cannot eat the scheduled meals.

Ask Alex, that's what you're paying him for! Where are the pics?

Ask Alex, that's what you're paying him for! Where are the pics?

Day 1 Pics will be up soon. Took them, but probably won't put them up until Day 42.

Day 3 Done. 81 Days to Go.

Off-day today. Don't like off-days when I'm at home cause all I do is go to work and do nothing else. At least I go back to school on Sunday. Followed diet to a T again, and slept 12 hours. I didn't put an alarm cause of my late shift tonight and was just going to wake up whenever I wanted. It ended out being 12 hours.

Pull day tommorow. Let's see what I got.

Day 4 Done. 80 More to go.

Another good workout today and job well done on the diet. I can already see my bicep with more fullness. And it's not just me, my family is noticing it, too.

Tommorow is Push day then I have two days off, one of which I'm traveling.

Hopefully, this body composition change pans out as well as it can. I'm going to do my part. Cardio felt easier today, too, for some reason. Wonder why. Cardio's a bitch for me. But 3.6mph @ 4 is moderately hard for me generally it's like a fast walk on a slight incline, but today it was a breeze. Maybe it's just me feeling good. We'll see how it is tommorow.

I'm exicted to go to school on Sunday. My lifestyle becomes much more active, and a lot less sedentary. More friends, more food options, and no preparations for food since cafeteria does it all. Hopefully my protein comes in on Monday. A lot of my intake is shakes, so i have to make sure they are there but I'll keep a ziploc bag of my left over casein protein that I do not finish before I leave.

Last edited:
It's real discouraging to lose some weight on the major lifts. But hey, I haven't touched that lift for 4 weeks which included a week long vacation...so again, cannot complain. I have to take it to the chin, but it's hard to cause I already started off at such weak levels.

Hopefully, it'll climb back up fast. That'll be cool.

Otherwise, training went well. This weekend is two off days that are much needed. Some time out of the gym should be good. Need the rest, need to recuperate. Just took my post workout meals. Will have my other meal at about 4 today, then 7, then 9:30 then hit the bed around 10 or 10:30. And wake up whenever I want to.

While I travel via plane & bus, I can sleep a ton.

Good luck. Changes for the positive take time and vision.

Thanks. I have the dedication and discipline. They resemble one of a mature, devoted being. My patience though...that's not there. That's something I'm openly immature about. But I have to be patient with this. I'm just excited too, no more of every month looking the same or even regressing. I'll finally look better every month.

Day 5 Done. 79 More to Go.

Finished the workout schedule of this week. Next two days are off-days, much needed and will get plenty of sleep. Will just pretty much eat, sleep, pack, eat, travel, eat...repeat.

Damn my triceps are sore. Slept a healthy 9 hours. And just had breakfast.

I really need this rest. The old me would go back to the gym,but this workout split is tiring me out. If I put it out on paper, it'd look "simple", but it's very complicated.

Quite low volume per body part, high frequency for me, and high intensity for me. Seems to be igniting some results. I've felt better pumps, more soreness, and more fullness in these past 5 days than I did for a long time.

Good luck. Changes for the positive take time and vision.

This is the tough part for me as well, time. Alex's work works, I am about 2.5 months in and it takes getting used to. The persistence is key, you gotta look at it like this IMHO

Be like water, always constant ebb and flowing, not like fire burning hot and hard then turning to ash. It's easy for me to say but a daily struggle on my end. Alex will have you in the best shape of your life!

Great log and thank and thank you for sharing

This is the tough part for me as well, time. Alex's work works, I am about 2.5 months in and it takes getting used to. The persistence is key, you gotta look at it like this IMHO

Be like water, always constant ebb and flowing, not like fire burning hot and hard then turning to ash. It's easy for me to say but a daily struggle on my end. Alex will have you in the best shape of your life!

Great log and thank and thank you for sharing

Persistence, dedication and discipline really aren't the problem. It's patience.

Hell, this might sound strange but I enjoy the food I eat. I'm going to be more excited when I try out my new protein powders.

No problem for the log. It'll be going. It's a full year with Alex, but it'll break it up into stages. This is the first one obviously.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws