over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

8uckwh34t's workout log

8uckwh34t

Registered
Time to get things back online!

I'm planning a simple no BS routine for the next however-long-it-works. I've blown up recently and NOT in a good way...up to probably 20% bf and 200lb. this morning. Was last on stage (first and only time so far) natty @ 154lb. and not as lean as I wanted.

For whatever reason, I've always been wary of going over 200lb. I've gotten over the freak-out factor of hitting 200 for the first time ever (@5'8") and want to make it a more muscular 200...or just trim back down. I need to make up my mind pretty quick here. Advice/constructive criticism welcome!
I do have to mention that since beginning TRT (75mg 2x/wk Test Cyp) I've been holding more water, BUT that's NOT where the majority of my extra weight has come from.
If the numbers are correct, I'd like to go down to about 176 and be a nice 7% (up two weight classes) for this summer followed by a "lean growth" I'm planning to take the year off and hit the stage again in 2016.

The routine is simple - based on Big A's beginner/intermediate program. I've outlined it below...basically a copy/paste from his original post. I've changed a few of the exercises based on what I know works for me and will swap out as needed. 3-day split, each body part 1x/week, one working set per exercise, two exercises per part trained.

Mon - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
* Incline press - warm-up sets, 1 work set
* Flat flyes - 1 work set
* Military press - 1 warm-up, 1 work set
* Lateral DB flyes - 1 work set
* Rear delt DB Raise - 1 work set
* Tricep pushdowns - 1 warm-up, 1 work set
* EZ-Bar Skull Crushers - 1 work-set

Wed - Quads, Hams, Calves
* Squats - warm-ups, 1 work set
* Leg press - work set
* Leg extension - work set
* Leg curl - warm-up, work set
* Alternating Lunges - work set
* Standing calf raise - work set

Fri - Abs, Back, Bis
* Rope crunches - warm up, work set
* Lat pull down - warm-ups, work set
* Deadlift - warm-up, work set
* Bent-over rows - work set
* Shrugs - work set
* EZ Preacher Curls - warm up, work set
* DB Hammer curl - work set

AM fasted cardio 3-4x per week

So, to sum up starting stats:

35 y/o 91kg 5'8"

Supps: Test C 150mg/wk, 500IU HCG day before T shot, Aromasin 6.25mg EOD (as needed)

daily multi, curcumin, gugglesterones, ALC, green tea extract, b-12 - methylcobalamine, B-complex, fish oil, creatine

Daily Dietary Goals: ~3300C/day
1-1.5 gallons water
>300g protein
<300g carbs
<100g fat
Carbs will be consumed around training times
Coffee or green tea pre w/o
macros will be adjusted based on progress or lack thereof.

I'll keep my main log over at IM (gsop_3) but will update here as often as I can.

A little more background:

In the past I've done 5x5, 5/3/1, push/pull/legs, and just recently did a more BB'r hypertrophy specific routine.

When I first began lifting I was 189lbs and about 30+%bf, could barely do 15 pushups and 3 pullups. I consider myself just an average Joe trying to get swole and be/stay healthy.

If it's all the same, I'll wait to post pics when I have a good before/after to be proud of.

Well, after much consideration, I think I'm going to separate the back and leg workouts with the chest workout in between. Therefor, Mondays will be back, traps, bi's.

First session: light weights, just working back into things and figuring out starting weights. I strongly believe in starting too light and working back up to a max. That being said, the numbers won't be impressive but will steadily increase. For most machine exercises (non-plate-loaded) I may not list poundage since I think that's useless and varies from machine to machine. The numbers recorded here are for my reference and to track my progress.

Rope Crunches: #5-8 - 3 warm-up sets, 1 working set of 20 reps
Lat Pull downs: 64kg - 3 warm-up sets, 1 working set of 10 reps
Deadlifts: 120kg - 10 reps
Bent-Over Rows: 80kg - 12 reps
Shrugs: 25kg DB - 15 reps
EZ Preacher Curls: 25kg - 3x12
Concentration Curls: 12.5kg DB - 5/5

40 minutes, in and out! ...got a sick back pump today...I've never done BOR's right after Deads before. I may need to do something different there. Maybe I'll just switch the two. We'll see...

edit: I just noticed that I planned to do the DB Hammer curls but did concentration curls instead...DOH!! ...get it next week!

Last edited:
Week 1 Session 2:

Incline Bench: 95kg - 10 (spotter helped on 11th)
Flat DB Fly: - 22.5kg - 14
Smith Seated Military Press: 50kg - 6
Lateral DB Fly: 12.5kg - 17
Rear Delt DB Fly: - 12.5kg - 17
Tricep Rope Pushdowns: #6 - 15
EZ Skull Crushers: - 30kg - 9

How I felt about the workout: Overall, got a good pump. Chest feels like it wants more volume. I only had two warmup sets. i think I'll add another one next week. Delts the same. Tris were so pumped I couldn't pull up my hoodie.

Only got in 5 meals today but just over a gallon of water and two cups of coffee. First week of the new semester has me reeling to find my rhythm...next week should be better.

Week 1 Session 3

Low Bar ATG Back Squats: 120kg - 10 reps (Not to failure)
Leg Press: 340kg - 15 (Not to failure)
Leg Extension: 59kg - 15 reps (held 2 second contraction each rep and 10 on last - pretty close to failure)
Leg Curl: 64kg - 15 reps (Same as extensions but couldn't hold the last rep.)
Standing Calf Raises (Smith): 120kg - 12 reps (last two reps held contraction at top and stretch at bottom)

Skipped the alternating lunges due to time. I needed to get to class.
Pre-workout I took in 1 cup of strong black coffee, 1000mg niacin, 5g creatine and 15ml glycerin...two points to mention: SO thirsty! and HOLY PUMP! ...lower back had a sick pump after the squats. When I got in the leg press, the pressure was pretty intense - I saw stars. After that, the rest of the session seemed like a breeze!
On another note, weight was 91kg this morning...upper abs are starting to come out to play but there's still a long way to go b4 I get my 6 back! Still holding a lot of water. I could really feel the tension in my hands and knees when I woke up...Hadn't taken Aromasin for 4 days. I did today!

Last edited:
Went in for deep tissue work today(Sunday). It's been such a long time since my last one because the previous guy changed locations about an hour away. A new trainer just came on board at the gym able to do RTX so I got a freebie on my back and traps.
HOLY OUCH!! It's been TOO long! The adhesions I had were ridiculous! They're not completely broken up but WAY better than before and I have a huge increase in mobility.
I'm planning to train back tomorrow, so this is perfect timing! :D

Week 2 Session 1:

Lat Pulldowns: 64kg - 12 reps
Rope Crunches: #9 - 20 reps
Bent Over Rows: 85kg - 20 reps
Deadlifts: 120kg - 15 reps (not to failure)
Shrugs: 25kg - 30 reps
EZ preacher Curls: 30kg - 12+4+2 RP
DB Hammer Curls: 15kg - 13 (L/R)

All in all, felt REALLY strong today. Everything went up in either weight or reps. I'm loving the strength gains!
Sorting things out, having abs after lat pulldowns and BOR before Deads made a big difference in efficiency of energy expenditure. Though, the last few reps of deads was pretty painful due to low back pump. I had to lay down with my knees pulled up to my chest for about 10 minutes before I could sit upright without feeling like I was being folded in half backwards.
Really pleased with the workout and if the strength gains continue to come up like this, I'll be setting new PR's in a matter of a few weeks...which is right on schedule with what I want. I used 15ml glycerin with 5g creatine and 15g BCAA pre- and Intra...well, as far as the first half of the workout then just plain water. Finished with 70g protein and about 30g carbs powo drink.
Ate a cheese burger after returning home...still feeling a bit ravenous! going to raid the fridge! LOL nuts and a protein drink, most likely...

Today was deep tissue work and manual stretching for delts, pecs and tris...and little extra on the lower back. This should set me up nicely for bigger lifts tomorrow. Let's see if it rings true in the results! :D

Week 2 Session 2:

Incline Bench: 95kg - 11 reps (up one rep...no spotter this time)
Flat DB Flyes: 25kg - 15 reps (big jump here! up one rep AND 2.5kg per side!
Seated Smith Military Press: 50kg - 11 reps (up 5 reps from last week!)
lateral DB raises: 15kg - 15 reps
Rear delt DB Raises: 15kg - 15 reps
Triceps Rope Pushdowns: #7 - 15 reps
EZ-bar Skull Crushers: 30kg - 13 reps (failed on 14th, up 4 reps from last week)

On Incline, I got a bit foolhardy and tried a twelfth rep with no spot...I made it to the lower peg, took two big breaths and got it the rest of the way up. STUPID! I'll be waiting for my spotter next time. I'm too old to being stupid crap like that any more...
Overall, I saw good jumps in weights and reps as anticipated. I performed a 60 second DC Chest stretch using 7.5kg DBs...I think it's a good weight to begin with and make it the whole 60 seconds. In the past I'd used 12.5kg and never made it more than 30 seconds.
My left pec seems to have some tender inflammation at the sternum attachment. I had some additional deep tissue work and manual stretching after the session was finished.
I drank the usual protein shake powo today followed by two pork tenderloin slices with sauteed mushrooms, onions and blanched spinach a couple hours later. YUMMY!! I'll finish with another protein shake before bed to make 6 meals for today.

Unfathomable progress is the result of consistent, daily steps toward a single goal

Deep tissue work on legs tonight...training legs tomorrow.

As I fear, this was the most painful session yet. Owning to having been SO long since the last time...not even any foam rolling for about 3 months. partly my fault...well, mostly... I have a 3' length of PVC at home and just haven't taken the time to use it. Tonight I paid for it!

Week 2 Session 3:

ATG low bar back squats: 130kg - 12 reps (PR)
Leg Press: 380kg - 15 reps
Leg Ext.: #69 - 15 reps (each with >2sec. hard hold)
Seated Leg Curl: #64 - 15 reps (good squeeze but no static)
Walking DB Lunges: 20kg - 12 L/R
Smith Standing Calf Raises: 130kg - 12+4+2 (Rest-Pause w/ DEEP stretch at bottom and hard contraction at top)

Really pleased with this workout. Especially the PR on squats. I've never done that many reps with that weight before, so I'm pretty stoked to go up in weight next week and still hit another PR. Leg Press felt WAY more solid this week...no stars from the pressure. I think it's just difficult to go straight into the working set with that much weight without working up to it. I may at least do a few reps each at some lighter weights working up to the final heavy set. The lunges had me dizzy and huffing hard...felt a little hypo just before and started my POWO early to compensate. (I went to the gym AFTER class this week so I could make sure I had enough time to get the whole session in without feeling the time crunch. As a result, my last meal pre-wo was a bit too far, I think...thus the hypo late in the session. I'm considering an intra rather than powo but I easily get nauseated on leg days.
Weight is holding at 91kg while I'm noticeably getting leaner and stronger...Dare I say a recomp is underway, folks? I'll take it! I've not done any cardio yet other than a 5 minute warm up on the elliptical. Folks at the gym are noticing the changes and commenting...that's always a good feeling BUT I want to see faster fat loss from the abdomen...want my six back! LOL
Perhaps the fat loss could be accelerated with a couple sessions beginning next week. I like where my calories are and how I'm feeling. I wanna hold that where it's at and just add some MISS cardio twice a week for the next few weeks then watch the scale and the mirror.

Week 3 Session 1:

Lat Pulldowns: 70kg - 11+3+2 RP
Rope crunches: #10 - 10 reps
Bent-Over Rows: 95kg - 20 reps
DL: 140kg - 15 rep
DB Shrugs: 35kg - 20 reps
EZ-bar preacher curls: 35kg - 8 reps
DB Hammer Curls: 15kg - 16/16 + 6/6 + 3/3 RP

Last night was my buddy's birthday party and I was out until 1am and slept on a sofa for about 4.5 hours. Went straight to the gym for deep tissue work this morning for back, chest, arms and shoulders. I'm sure tthat helped me recover from last night...though, honestly, I was thinking of scrapping today's session and just do it tomorrow. Although, I'm really tired, I'm super stoked I went to the gym. Still saw nice gains today despite last night. On Lat pull-downs, I did a rest-pause and it felt awesome! Just kinda feeling out the RP idea to see how my body handles it. So far I'm liking it.
Rope crunches, I kept all the sets and reps from last week and added a new top set so the reps only go to 10. I'll keep that until I can hit 20 before loading extra plates to the machine.
The Bent-over Rows are really surprising me to see I'm still hitting so many reps even with the increased weight. I'm thinking I'll make a bigger jump next week and try 110kg.
Shrugs were grinders! After, I just contracted my traps and held them for a few seconds for several reps and really felt good.
As with the rope crunches, I did the same with the EZ-bar preacher curls. I used last weeks sets and reps then added the new top set. therefore, I only got 8 reps. I'll keep that until I get to 12 and then do a RP set before upping the weight again.
For DB hammer curls, there isn't a set of 17.5kg-ers so, I have to make a jump to 20kg next time...less than ideal, but jumping 3 reps since last week makes me think it'll be ok.

I'll only get 4 meals in today... and was short on my water intake by about half a gallon.

Week 3 Session 2:

Incline BB Bench: 100kg - 8 reps
Flat DB Fly: 30kg - 10 reps
Seated Smith OHP: 55kg - 10 reps
Lateral DB fly: 15kg - 20 reps
Rear Delt DB raise: 15kg - 20 reps
Triceps rope pushdowns: #8 - 12 reps
EZ-bar Skull Crushers: 35kg - 11 reps

Upped the weights on everything but DB Delt exercises (just increased reps there). Today, I exercised after morning class so I didn't have as many meals pre-workout. I felt a but under-dosed in the carb department but still made progress so I'm pleased.This week and next week I should start seeing some more PRs. Obviously, that's got me stoked and looking forward to every workout.

Though, I'm not sure when I'll get legs in this week since I'm traveling this afternoon until possibly late Saturday evening. May have to get legs in on Sunday morning...which I hate doing legs in the AM.but I don't want to to skip it altogether...I'll do what I must to get it in! Feeling a little discomfort in my elbows and forearms after today's session...maybe need some extra deep tissue work. I know I've got some big bad 'ol adhesions in my arms that need to be ground out. Maybe some Graston or something.

Going on the road, I'll pack my protein powder pre-portioned in baggies and take 500g UHT milk bags for each drink. I have no idea how often I'll be getting meals or what kind of meals to expect...It's Chinese business which usually means big meal with too much food and lots of drinking. Needless to say, I won't be drinking but I'll have to watch the food intake because it's very easy to gorge at these types of meals. I'll try to get some abs work in while at the hotel.

I weighed in at 92.7kg this morning. At this point, I'm thinking I want to keep riding this wave of growth and strength gain and not worry about the fat. I'll go until I plateau then worry more about recomping/cutting fat. Long-term, once fat is cut, I'm considering some sort of mild cycle for my next growth phase...still contemplating that. For now, I'm just sticking to my TRT with Test Cyp @ 75mg 2x/week. I want to see what I can do with this first and let my body to get used to it and level out for a bit before I consider anything more. For me, this is all uncharted territory so I'm not in any hurry... looking at the long haul here...

Week 3 Session 3:

Squats: 140kg - 13 reps (PR!)
Leg Press: 420kg - 10 reps
Leg Ext.: 68kg - 20 reps
Seated Leg Curls: 69kg - 12
Walking DB lunges: 25kg - 12 L/R
Smith Standing Calf Raises: 140kg - 13+5+3 RP
Well, I got back super late Friday night and went straight to bed. The trip was really productive and I came home with about 10kg of protein samples. As I expected, we ate a lot of food and I was able to get my protein drinks in between. The food was pretty salty so between that and sitting so much, I ended up with a bit of edema. It's mostly cleared up now but I'm still retaining some water.
As for the workout, what can I say? It was frickin awesome! A new all-time PR on squats for reps. I'm planning another 10kg jump nest week. This time I had a spotter so I felt I could push myself a bit more. I'm sure that helped get two more reps.
I'm thinking a 40kg jump on leg press was a bit much. I'll scale that back next week to a 20kg jump. Weight is holding at 93kg so I didn't gain anything on the trip but was able to show increased strength in the gym...pretty stoked!

Not much to say today...I had deep tissue work on back, shoulders and chest.

I'll be taking one of my students under my wing in the gym beginning tomorrow.
It's rare to find someone with that inner self drive AND teachability. I'm pretty excited about the possibilities here!
Actually, it's a couple...the guy and girl are both very teachable and excited. She's the volleyball team captain and he's a former competitive swimmer (was the city champ, for what it's worth).
Both have a good level head on their shoulders and have that no-BS get it done attitude.

But all that is for another time and place. hey hey!

Tomorrow is Abs, Back, Bis!! YEA!

Week 4 Session 1:

Lat Pulldowns: 77 - 14 reps
Rope Crunches: #10 - 20 reps
BOR: 110kg - 15 reps
DL: 160kg - 13 reps (PR for reps)
DB Shrugs: 35kg - 30 reps (20 slow, 10 fast)
EZ-bar Preacher Curls: 35kg - 11 reps
Standing DB Hammer Curls: 15kg + bands: 8 reps + 5 w/o

While I got a PR on DL for reps, my back was is so tight, even today, that walking and standing is an excruciating task. Perhaps I went a little too gung-ho there...I'll see how it feels in a few days. I think next week will see a smaller jump in weight and I don't think I'm going to exceed 10 reps...I think the fatigue puts my lower back in a more comprising position.
Preacher curls are up by 3 reps from last week at the same weight. I really enjoyed using the bands with the DB hammer curls. The added resistance at the top was great! since there are no 17.5kg DB's This is my compromise until I can do the 20's.
Body weight is staying the same at 93kg...getting in the protein as needed and water intake has been on target. I've changed to using an intra- rather than post workout drink and it seems to help during and after the session. I'm really digging it!

Week 4 Session 2:

Incline BB Bench: 100kg - 10 reps (PR)
Flat DB Fly: 30kg - 12 reps
Seated Smith OHP: 55kg - 11 reps
Lateral DB Fly: 20kg - 15 reps
Rear Delt DB Raises: 20kg - 15 reps
Rope Tri Pushdowns: #8 - 12 reps (Stall)
EZ-bar Skull Crushers: 35kg - 16 reps

Lower back is still pretty bad but once it's warmed up and stretched, it's much better. I may be postponing or skipping legs altogether on Friday...
Other than that, I think next week is time for a deload. lower weights and a bit more stretching, etc...fluff and pump.
I'm happy with all the recent PR's and look forward to popping some more after the deload week and ramping back up to a new set of PR's. I'm really pleased with the difference TRT has made in my results.
It's about time for some blood work, too, I think...maybe I can get that done next week as well...

Week 4 Session 3:

My lower back is still aggravated from Monday's deadlifts. SO, I warmed up SUPER light with like 80kg for a set and then some BW squats for 100 reps. Next I went to leg press and used 50% last session's weight for 10 sets of 10 with 10-20 second rests. Quads super pumped, I went to Seated Leg Curls for a few light sets of 10 then had massage and stretching. I'll be getting more massage and stretch on Monday.

Like I said before, this next week will be a deload week then I'll be back at it again.
Picked up 1kg bulk packages of Curcumin, Saw Palmetto and Milk Thistle manufactured here from imported raw materials.
(was a bit hesitant about getting that stuff in China but I've got COA's for each one so I'm at least a little more at ease)

Deload week consisted of one exercise per muscle 10 sets of 10 with 10 second rests.
For example:
Incline Bench - 60kg 10x10
Lat pulls - 45kg 10x10
ez-bar preacher curls - 20kg 10x10

Off days were MISS cardio - Tuesday (30 min.) and Thursday (35 min.)

Oh, and the gym hired me as a personal trainer...not quite sure how to feel about that yet. I figure as long as it doesn't interfere with my own workouts it should be ok.
Yes, the gym is desperate for trainers so I'm definitely not bragging here...

Back at it today...Unplanned but necessary. I was feeling a bit overly aggressive and needed to get rid of my pent up energy.
So, I headed to the gym and cranked out some iron. Feeling much MUCH better now...

Incline Bench warm up sets then: 100kg x 5, 110kg x 3 120kg x 1, 130kg x fail (too ambitious) followed by a set of 10 with 80kg

Seated OHP machine (rear facing): 4 sets of 10

DB laterals: 20kg x 10
DB rear: 20kg x 13

DONE!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member