over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

9 Months out - Masters Nationals

Testopung,
Thanks, man! Well, I am a biker LOL and have a fat boy harley :)
Appeciate the motivational comments buddy!
Mike

Looking great! very inspirational that one is able to have that kind of muscle at 58! that's what I love about weight training compared to other sports.
You're gonna do great, I'm sure!

looking strong as hell, too! you would make a really cool biker in an action movie.

Mike,
Start looking for a good Canadian online pharmacy. And get yourself some Canadian Preparation H anti hemorrhoid gel. Start using it on your lower pecs to start tightening up the skin as you lose bodyfat. The Canadian offering actually tightens your skin. The American offering works like shit. Don't ask me why. I'm just sharing this from my own experience.

Does this method work temporarily or does it help permanently ? thanks

Thanks all for your comments! Yeh, a trainer at the gym I go to did the caliper method for bf but he really didn't seem to know what he was doing. ....guess not; I was surprised myself LOL Would anyone venture to guess so I have a relative idea?

I would guess at 12-16% BF, but hell you are looking good man, and you have 9 months so you're on target.

Thanks OJS! This is one area that I am VERY concerned about and no one has any suggestions, until yours. Can you PM me a Canadian online parm? I will also Google it. I really appreciate this tip! I was going to try lasers to tighten the skin on the lower pecs but i don't have the $$$$$! This is an expensive sport as is LOL

Thanks again Bro!
Mike
i did not want to mention it; but that is why i suggested the estrogen/prolactin inhibitors! but i know phil will guide you in the wright direction.

Awesome thread!

Mike - it's great to have a prep thread by someone over 50. there are diff issues, i'm sure so i will learn a lot from following! And its very cool to see a critical mass of 50+ BB'ers - great group.

Extreme props to you - I'll follow with interest!

Does this method work temporarily or does it help permanently ? thanks
Tightening of the skin after fat loss always occurs if you maintain a healthy diet. But the older you are the longer the process. So in a sense, this method is temporary. But if you keep your body fat down long enough it becomes permanent. This is based on my own personal experience.

When I first dropped bodyfat in my mid 50's I thought my skin would never shrink.

This picture was taken last Friday. I've been natural and off of everything except Emeric's Humanofort for over 2 months. And my skin has stayed pretty tight.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 293
Tightening of the skin after fat loss always occurs if you maintain a healthy diet. But the older you are the longer the process. So in a sense, this method is temporary. But if you keep your body fat down long enough it becomes permanent. This is based on my own personal experience.

When I first dropped bodyfat in my mid 50's I thought my skin would never shrink.

This picture was taken last Friday. I've been natural and off of everything except Emeric's Humanofort for over 2 months. And my skin has stayed pretty tight.

yep! looking great bro!!!

Lots of muscle. you will look great once you diet down. I give you credit you 50 + competitors. Keep us updated.

All,
I really apprecaite everyone's input on this thread! I plan on taking another set of pics in 4 weeks and will post them and hope that you all can see a difference! I was never expecting this kind of motivation on here and it has really given me the encouragement that I needed to compete after 22 years since my last contest.
Thanks again for taking time to give me much needed feedback and letting me know what i need to work on. This is going to be quite a jouney, I can tell and one that I will never forget!
Thanks again!"
Mike

Lots of muscle. you will look great once you diet down. I give you credit you 50 + competitors. Keep us updated.

Mike, we'll stay in touch. Anxious to see how this plays out. Really think you will even surprise yourself. Talk soon, bro.

All,
I really apprecaite everyone's input on this thread! I plan on taking another set of pics in 4 weeks and will post them and hope that you all can see a difference! I was never expecting this kind of motivation on here and it has really given me the encouragement that I needed to compete after 22 years since my last contest.
Thanks again for taking time to give me much needed feedback and letting me know what i need to work on. This is going to be quite a jouney, I can tell and one that I will never forget!
Thanks again!"
Mike

It is kinda amazing when we get such a positive response. I think many of us are way to hard on ourselves. :eek:

Mike, all I can think about is how THICK I thought you were when I first opened your photo's. You got it goin' on Baby!!!

Thanks Doll ! Your comments really encourage me. I am my own worst enemy when it comes to self assessment. I think part of it is after judging NPC/IFBB contests for 20 years that I look at myself in the mirror and think "your lats, delts, arms, etc look like shi*" and that every bodypart is weak LOL. I need to think more like I am going after the Over50 Masters Nationals to hopefully place high and not try to compare myself with all the "mass monsters" i have judged over the years. I want to enter the over40 Nationals also but that is just to see how I can stand up while i will be in that contest condition. I know that someone 40, 41, 42 can be shockingly amazing on stage at that age, but it would be interesting anyway. Thanks again. I'm not "high maitenance type" LOL but I always look at myself in a more negative light than positive moreso because of all the amateurs and pros I have judged. It really plays with your mind when you are looking at yourself in the mirror. With encouraging messages like yours and others in this thread it really helps me get over the "your too old to be doing this" attitude
:). Thanks again! I hope I can encourage you in your future contests also.
MIke

It is kinda amazing when we get such a positive response. I think many of us are way to hard on ourselves. :eek:

Mike, all I can think about is how THICK I thought you were when I first opened your photo's. You got it goin' on Baby!!!

Thanks Doll ! Your comments really encourage me. I am my own worst enemy when it comes to self assessment. I think part of it is after judging NPC/IFBB contests for 20 years that I look at myself in the mirror and think "your lats, delts, arms, etc look like shi*" and that every bodypart is weak LOL. I need to think more like I am going after the Over50 Masters Nationals to hopefully place high and not try to compare myself with all the "mass monsters" i have judged over the years. I want to enter the over40 Nationals also but that is just to see how I can stand up while i will be in that contest condition. I know that someone 40, 41, 42 can be shockingly amazing on stage at that age, but it would be interesting anyway. Thanks again. I'm not "high maitenance type" LOL but I always look at myself in a more negative light than positive moreso because of all the amateurs and pros I have judged. It really plays with your mind when you are looking at yourself in the mirror. With encouraging messages like yours and others in this thread it really helps me get over the "your too old to be doing this" attitude
:). Thanks again! I hope I can encourage you in your future contests also.
MIke

Mike,
You're wider than I am and you're thicker than I am. And your hips are not as wide as mine. You're going to be amazed at how much different the mirror will look after you drop the fat. You are already sporting an "X" shape.

215lbs ripped is a deadly weight to bring on an over-50 stage!! So getting lean as shit and building up your thighs should be your focus. There rest will take care of itself!!!:cool:

Thanks OJS...!
I am not weighing on scales any longer...just using the mirror...
Mike

Mike,
You're wider than I am and you're thicker than I am. And your hips are not as wide as mine. You're going to be amazed at how much different the mirror will look after you drop the fat. You are already sporting an "X" shape.

215lbs ripped is a deadly weight to bring on an over-50 stage!! So getting lean as shit and building up your thighs should be your focus. There rest will take care of itself!!!:cool:

How's training?

Hey Mike, just checking in on your thread bro. I know we pm'd a bit and I appreciated you feedback on my pics i posted and the other topics discussed. I
For those of you who havent had personal contact with Mike, I have got to say... "What a nice Fu*#ing guy! Anyway, I wanted to see how training and everything else is going with Phil. How are you adapting to a new routine and diet? There are a lot of motivational threads on here showing support and I think that is awesome! This is what Professional Muscle is all about!
Scott

Ojs, look terrific. Hope to see you on stage next year.

Mike, we will keep in touch and know you are going to do great. All the best.

hey Scott!

Thanks for the kind message! Training is going well and so is the diet but I am getting more tired of chicken all the time LOL. Will have to start liking fish more it looks like. Today I weighed 246 so I am getting more leaner. My biggest problem now is that all of my dress pants for work are falling off of me! Guess thats not a bad "problem" to have.

I gotta say, I never expected as much motivation as I am getting from this board. Everyone knows this is a tough sport both mentally and physically; everyone here is really helping me with the mental aspect especially. Before I posted my pics on ProMuscle I figured I would only have a few people behind me and now I know I have the cool folks here which means alot to an old man :)

Thanks for checking in on me, Scott. I plan on posting new pics in 3 weeks under an "8 Months to go" thread and hopefully they will show progress.....

Mike
Hey Mike, just checking in on your thread bro. I know we pm'd a bit and I appreciated you feedback on my pics i posted and the other topics discussed. I
For those of you who havent had personal contact with Mike, I have got to say... "What a nice Fu*#ing guy! Anyway, I wanted to see how training and everything else is going with Phil. How are you adapting to a new routine and diet? There are a lot of motivational threads on here showing support and I think that is awesome! This is what Professional Muscle is all about!
Scott

I HATE when you make references to "old man"! It wants to pull at me every time I read it. Wait til your over 60 for heavens sake!!!!!!:D:D:D

LOL...I actually hate when I reference it also!! in my mind I still think I'm in my 40's or something!

I HATE when you make references to "old man"! It wants to pull at me every time I read it. Wait til your over 60 for heavens sake!!!!!!:D:D:D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131