over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A bit disgusted today

there was an interesting study on the passage of "fat"genes from parents to their children. It started out studying genetic twins from child birth to adult age. They reviewed their DNA analyse thorughout their lives. What they found was that each DNA changed differently. So at 1 years old, the twins DNA was 90% alike, by the time they were 40, the DNA was almostly totally opposite. So what it suggests is that you change your DNA through your environment and lifestyle. So what could be applied, is that if you become Obese, you change your DNA, and pass that DNA on to your children, and eventually to your grandchildren. So in effect you control your DNA, and the DNA of your future generations.

I wish I could find the study. I looked for about an hour today, I will continue to look later, in was published in the Journal of medicine, probably 2-3 years ago. Not sure why it didn't make more national news, but anyways.

Also the issue of the rise in health care costs. This could be contributed to overweight people. They have significantly higher risks of almost everything. This adds to everyone's health care costs.

I know its sad. My father died a very obese person, and I want to feel for these people, but its just hard, when I work hard to be healthy...

JimmyJones: Congrats on exercising control. You have accomplished some very difficult tasks.

I personally feel both genetics and environment play a role in obesity.

I think we as bodybuilders are "in the fishbowl" a little bit. We focus so much on our "look" that it is difficult for us to understand our view is just as extreme as some obese people who "don't care". Believe me, they care. Systems tend to fail at the extremes. We have many of our brothers in caskets to prove it. Yes obesity is extreme, but so are a lot of the things we do.

Your life will be so much more fulfilling if you give everyone you meet a chance to share with you. A smile, encouraging word, or even just a hello from someone they might expect to cast judgement upon them can make a persons day. If we dismiss those not as fit, not as rich, not as attractive, not as intelligent, ( for me that would be most people :D) you are going to deprive yourself of so much joy in your life. Help others, be a positive force. You will be amazed how much will be returned to you. Amazed, I promise.

I think it was none other than the infamous "LL Cool J" who said, a fit body is a gift you give to yourself. I like that.

JimmyJones: Congrats on exercising control. You have accomplished some very difficult tasks.

I personally feel both genetics and environment play a role in obesity.

I think we as bodybuilders are "in the fishbowl" a little bit. We focus so much on our "look" that it is difficult for us to understand our view is just as extreme as some obese people who "don't care". Believe me, they care. Systems tend to fail at the extremes. We have many of our brothers in caskets to prove it. Yes obesity is extreme, but so are a lot of the things we do.

Your life will be so much more fulfilling if you give everyone you meet a chance to share with you. A smile, encouraging word, or even just a hello from someone they might expect to cast judgement upon them can make a persons day. If we dismiss those not as fit, not as rich, not as attractive, not as intelligent, ( for me that would be most people :D) you are going to deprive yourself of so much joy in your life. Help others, be a positive force. You will be amazed how much will be returned to you. Amazed, I promise.

I think it was none other than the infamous "LL Cool J" who said, a fit body is a gift you give to yourself. I like that.

nobody here thinks overweight people are bad people. nobody here said, i dont like them or want to talk to them. this conversation is a mere observation of the ridiculous epedmic of being overweight these days. i think 60% is a very optimistic number, im hardpressed to see 1 out of every 5 people in my everyday life that is not everweight - it is just sad really.im sorry if you took some offense to this outloud observation. I love everybody (til they give me a reason not to anyways), fit, fat, short, tall whatever.

the overweight people arent the wierdo's. we are! theyre enjoying life at the expence of health. we go after the perfect look sometimes at the expense of health. its funny to me. almost everyone i work with is overweight. all asking for advice theyll never take. and one day end up looking back and thinking i probably wouldnt be in this hospital if i took alittle better care of myself. and ill be lying next to them saying. fuck it i loved squatting 500lbs that one day, but i still would have loved that piece of sheesecake too. not everyone needs to live like us but to just bet healthy would be lifechanging for some peope. i know the person i want to help the most in the gym is the 400lb guy who just spent 45min on a treadmill. at least he cares more than the 500mg test wifebeater and jeans nothing but bench and curls guy. it is a pandemic problem but we have only ourselvs to blame. we made our own society like this and now were left to live with it. its a much bigger health crisis than steroids could ever be. and lets not forget that it kills more people than smoking and drinking combined. wheres the news story on that? why isnt anyone terrified of a bigmac? oh well im done my rant.

tkav: I've often wondered if we made everything legal, starting from scratch and then started making things illegal, how different would things look.

An argument can be made that refined sugar is a bigger threat/cost to society than weed etc. I don't thing steroids would rank very high if things were well thought out.

These fat fucks are the same assholes that want to pressure Congress into pursuing gear. How about we pressure Congress into making overweight people criminals? Whats the difference?

Its the whole addictive mentallity that say, Heroin addicts have. They cant keep from sticking unhealthy crap in their mouths. Obesity is not and should never be considered a disease or illness and shame on anyone who believes that bullshit. Its lack of discipline and self control. Believe me, and we all know how hard it can be to say no to that piece of cake, or a single cup of Icecream...and even though weve been eating clean for 3 months straight even 1 sweet can bum you out. These fat asses eat this shit like twice a day, and a cup of icecream is a gallon sized cup to them. Fast food and pizza by the whole fucking thing, and buffets.... notice how big the doors are to a buffet, and theyre double doors, to get the double wide asses thru them. lol

No self control, no discipline and no pride. They just dont care!! WTF? Its whats called being gluttoness, 1 of the 7 deadly sins.

Pertaining to the post....yeah I see fat people... theyre everywhere. They disgust me and I dont feel sorry for them at all.

..... notice how big the doors are to a buffet, and theyre double doors, to get the double wide asses thru them. lol

.QUOTE]
too funny, lol, good stuff. that's bad

i think one of the problems is the health insurance that people have, they feel they are entitled to not "take care of themselves" because they will just get medical attention if they have any health issues due to their weight. some of the most out of shape people i have seen have been ambulance people. i thought that was interesting

:D
fucking damn skippy!!! Canada is full of healthy people and the women are HOT!! I dont think I saw a fat chick over there last time I was up there. Also, the bodybuilding scene is getting bigger there too, and chicks love jacked dudes!! I'd love to live in Canada, especially near Montreal
:D

I hope you are being sarcastic;)

I just thought, In school there are 3 things they really dont emphasize at all

1. diet and nutrition.

(never do I remember that they taught us about the dangers of eating fast food or foods that have been refined)

2. general fitness.

(mostly taught the different major sports and their rules, never benefits of cardio or weight training)

3. simple economics.

(learnt general accounting, decimal fractions,trigonometry, etc. never once spent one class learning about how to save a few bucks at the supermarket or how turning the light off in my room, which in a period of 10 years could have saved me 10s of thousands of dollars)

Its the worst walking around Walmart. Walking into the walmart, and seeing all the 500 lbers parking in the handicapped spots waddling into the store.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Cross Roads
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws