over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

a couple back shots

Shelby

IFBB PRO / Double Featured Member/Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
My rear lat spread is a pose I want to improve a lot this offseason. I think I've already made some positive changes to it, but I still have a ways to go though.
I have a gimp shoulder and sometimes I don't hit the pose properly so that's something I want to address as well. Same goes for the front lat spread.

Attachments

• 8-6-10  241.4 005.JPG
    8-6-10 241.4 005.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 888
Rear double bicep is one of my better poses, but it can definitely be improved. I think more shoulder development is what will really help this shot.

Critiques welcome as always.

Attachments

• 8-6-10  241.4 002.JPG
    8-6-10 241.4 002.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 895
THICK!

Shelby, you have really blown up this off season and if i'm not mistaken your're only a 10 or so weeks into it? What is your current body weight and how heavy to anticipate getting this offseason? I know numbers arent the best way to guage thing but wondering if you had a idea of where you'd like to be at.

I'm in the low 240s now. I'm not sure how much heavier I'll get... probably not a whole lot. Maybe 245-250.

NICE WORK!

Okay Shelby, as Ali said above, you have blown up and put some thick muscle on in only 10 weeks into the offseason...I almost 3 months into and went from 175lbs to 197-200lbs. I know you have mention your offseason eating, but has that increased even more and how the hell are you stimulating that appetite even more OR are you eating more? Any cardio?

I know, I know progression with eating, training, etc....but give us a snap shot of your eating again.

Thanks bro and keep up the great work:cool:

thanks

Okay Shelby, as Ali said above, you have blown up and put some thick muscle on in only 10 weeks into the offseason...I almost 3 months into and went from 175lbs to 197-200lbs. I know you have mention your offseason eating, but has that increased even more and how the hell are you stimulating that appetite even more OR are you eating more? Any cardio?

I know, I know progression with eating, training, etc....but give us a snap shot of your eating again.

Thanks bro and keep up the great work:cool:

It's actually only been 7 weeks.

I'm not doing any cardio. The diet varies slightly with my hunger day to day (I'll add extra meals if I'm hungry) but the base plan is right around 450g protein, 250-300g fat, and 300g carbs. For a while it was closer to 500g protein, 350-400g fat, and 350-400g carbs, but I tapered it back recently as the weight was coming on just a bit too fast for my liking. It's still climbing with the reduced amounts, but at a more comfortable rate.

Last offseason my appetite sucked -- as soon as I hit 230 or so I started dreading all meals and really looked forward to the diet. This year I haven't had that problem at all (fingers crossed)... I guess my body has just adjusted a bit and is ready for the new size. Last year I had come off a very long series of contest diets.. so that may have played a role. This year I just competed once, then went back to being fat :eek:

I'm not doing any cardio. The diet varies slightly with my hunger day to day (I'll add extra meals if I'm hungry) but the base plan is right around 450g protein, 250-300g fat, and 300g carbs. For a while it was closer to 500g protein, 350-400g fat, and 350-400g carbs, but I tapered it back recently as the weight was coming on just a bit too fast for my liking. It's still climbing with the reduced amounts, but at a more comfortable rate.

Last offseason my appetite sucked -- as soon as I hit 230 or so I started dreading all meals and really looked forward to the diet. This year I haven't had that problem at all (fingers crossed)... I guess my body has just adjusted a bit and is ready for the new size. Last year I had come off a very long series of contest diets.. so that may have played a role. This year I just competed once, then went back to being fat :eek:

That is a lot of fat. I believe you mentioned your doing a palumbo/starnes type of diet which in a lot of way like John's diets.

Do you feel the extra fats and lower carbs are keeping your appetite higher than previous offseasons? Assuming in the past i'm sure you went a lot higher with carb intake.

That is a lot of fat. I believe you mentioned your doing a palumbo/starnes type of diet which in a lot of way like John's diets.

Do you feel the extra fats and lower carbs are keeping your appetite higher than previous offseasons? Assuming in the past i'm sure you went a lot higher with carb intake.

Actually last offseason I used a very similar setup, my appetite just wasn't fond of pounding down 5k plus calories everyday.

How do you manage your BF when eating all of that fat with the carbs? Are you eating any cheat meals at all? I'm slowly fine tuning my diet for the off season and my weight is really staying low. It happened last contest as well. I was expecting a heavier rebound but to be honest I've gotten too fat in the off season so I'll take what I'm getting at this point.

What´s your aproach to improve the lat spread?? maybe spending the offseason going back and forth between deadlift ciy and rack chin town?

Looking seriously huge there Shelby. It will be cool to see the added muscle you will have gained when you diet back down that next time. I'm sure the change will be obvious.

How do you manage your BF when eating all of that fat with the carbs? Are you eating any cheat meals at all? I'm slowly fine tuning my diet for the off season and my weight is really staying low. It happened last contest as well. I was expecting a heavier rebound but to be honest I've gotten too fat in the off season so I'll take what I'm getting at this point.

I don't think there's anything wrong with mixing fat and carbs. Insulin stores carbs.. and stores extra carbs as fat.. but it doesn't store fat as fat.. at least not for me :)
I'm not terribly lean at all though... I've definitely added some fat along with the new muscle. I'm not really concerned about it though, as I never really have any issue getting into shape when it's time to do so.
I'll have a cheat meal when I want one but with all the calories I'm taking in, that's not very often.

what fat sources are you using? Very impressive start to off season.

Nothing fancy... grass fed beef, wild salmon, whole eggs, olive oil, macadamia nut oil, nut butters, walnuts, cashews, almonds, macadamia nuts.

What´s your aproach to improve the lat spread?? maybe spending the offseason going back and forth between deadlift ciy and rack chin town?

I never liked rack chins really, and deadlifts are more of a thickness movement. For width I'm doing a lot of row variations, pulldowns, and pullovers. I'm already noticing a difference.

Looking seriously huge there Shelby. It will be cool to see the added muscle you will have gained when you diet back down that next time. I'm sure the change will be obvious.

Damn!
Very good bro!

I want to see you in next show!

Thanks guys

Excellent off season shape, Shelby. Have to log off in a bit, but can give you some posing suggestions. Talk when you can.

Excellent off season shape, Shelby. Have to log off in a bit, but can give you some posing suggestions. Talk when you can.

I'd definitely be interested in hearing your thoughts when you get a minute Gerry.

Thanks again guys.

*LOL*. It's unreal at the diff. from the mass you have gained since the first pics I saw of you.

I guess I have to ask, *LOL*, what's your "secrete"? *laughing*. Sorry, had to do it. :D

PO

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner