over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A couple of slin questions

Johan

Registered
I have done my research just want to dubbel check everything to se if I have forgotten or missunderstod(sp?) something. Il rather be flamed then dead :)

Here is my slin plan. Im going to take slin twice a week post workout.
Im going to start with 3 iu and then 5 iu next time then 7 iu ect until Im at 10 iu. Dont know if I will go any higher then that.

The insulin Im going to use is Novorapid insulin pen so its going to be impossible to dose it wrong.

Im going to take 10g carbs(glukose) for every iu insulin and keep that upp until I am at 10 iu. Then I will cut the carbs slowely over time to find how much carbs I need per iu. But I will offcourse always have a extra carb drink with me the entire day after the slin injektion.

I dont know if I should take the slin ínjektion right after the workout in the gym toilett or if I should take it at home(I live 5-8 minutes away from the gym). Would I notice any difference betwen the two??

I plan on taking the injektion and imidietly drink my carb drink containing 10g glukose for every iu insulin. Then 15 minutes after that Im going to down a pure protein shake. Then 45-60 minutes after the injektion I eat a solid but lean meal with lots of low gi carbs.

Does everything sound ok?
This is going to be my first experience with insulin as you probably understand from the post.

I would...

With that combo of food items:

-Combine the protein and carb drinks. Start drinking this near the end of your workout.

-Do the shot ASAP after the workout.
Note that the moreprotein you take in, the slower the glucose will enter your blood stream, but by taking in the carbs 1st, you've given them a head start over the insulin. BUT, this will also be balanced by the fact that gastric emptying will be less d/t the exercise you have just performed.
(You want the amino acids in the blood when the insulin hits.)

-The 45 min. post meal sounds OK.

Personally, I would drink several of those protein drinks (with the same carbs intake) and then maybe have a large(r) meal 1-1.5 hr after your workout.

General idea is to get in a SHITLOAD of protein, with minimal carbs to avoid hypoglycemia (and lipogenesis) and minimal fat to avoid lipogenesis.

-Randy

just to add , to every iu of insulin , make sure ure using 10 gms of whey , along with the carbs , this is what u want the insulin to do , to increase amino acid transport predominantly , works out very well ....
and honestly , go back home and down ur shake , protein and carb together , and then shoot the insulin , it takes some time to build up and peak in the body anyway , so the drink will keep u fine . keep a coke in hand just in case ...

Ok thanks guys

If I take the shot at around 8 in the evening and I usualy go to bed at 11. Will that be to little time for the insulin to get out of the body before I go to sleep? Should I workout earlier instead and take the shot at around 6 to be safe??

I might be worng about this but I was thinking about taking 2ius LOG 10min before working out w/10g creatin,10g glut, 2tbs BCAAs. then before my last set (4 sets high reps) take in 10g creatine ,10glut bcaas, then do the 4 sets then take 14ius slin w/whey mixed with dextrose. I only take in 5g per IU and havent had any problem yet.

whatch think?

Re: I would...

homonunculus said:
With that combo of food items:

-Combine the protein and carb drinks. Start drinking this near the end of your workout.

-Do the shot ASAP after the workout.
Note that the moreprotein you take in, the slower the glucose will enter your blood stream, but by taking in the carbs 1st, you've given them a head start over the insulin. BUT, this will also be balanced by the fact that gastric emptying will be less d/t the exercise you have just performed.
(You want the amino acids in the blood when the insulin hits.)

-The 45 min. post meal sounds OK.

Personally, I would drink several of those protein drinks (with the same carbs intake) and then maybe have a large(r) meal 1-1.5 hr after your workout.

General idea is to get in a SHITLOAD of protein, with minimal carbs to avoid hypoglycemia (and lipogenesis) and minimal fat to avoid lipogenesis.

-Randy

Ok, so are you saying take the carbs 1st, then slam a protein drink?

Ivan

I think he's saying to mix the two, but keep your protein higher than your carbs. Use just enough carbs to cover the slin, but not enough so that you start laying down fat.

aaah

ok, gotcha, thanks!

if i were you i would try to get in the insulin shot a little earlier than 8pm if you are going to bed at eleven.. UNLESS you wanted to take in some carbs right before you hit the sac. i always hear its in and out within 2 1/2 hours, but why risk it. maybe try shooting around 7 and that would give you a 4 hour window where you know you will be fine.

Take care,

Todd

Re: Ivan

DIEZEL666 said:
I think he's saying to mix the two, but keep your protein higher than your carbs. Use just enough carbs to cover the slin, but not enough so that you start laying down fat.

Yep - just mix 'em.

I'm going by the tried and true principle inspired by that one kid in grade school who thought it was cool to mix all of the food on his plate (e.g., green beans, mahed potatoes, fruit and meat loaf) and eat it as a multi-colored goop.

-Randy

Could work, too!

PUMPED said:
I might be worng about this but I was thinking about taking 2ius LOG 10min before working out w/10g creatin,10g glut, 2tbs BCAAs. then before my last set (4 sets high reps) take in 10g creatine ,10glut bcaas, then do the 4 sets then take 14ius slin w/whey mixed with dextrose. I only take in 5g per IU and havent had any problem yet.

whatch think?

Pumped,

Yep that is possibly a safe protocol, although I don't know how much the 2IU will matter. Also that's a lot of Creatine on an empty stomach - great way to get the shits.

Is this something you're "thinking about" or something you "haven't had any problem" with yet?...

I think what you're going for is to create a hyperinsulinemic environment DURING your workout to inhibit proteolysis, (potentially slow glycogen use - not likely) and actually enhance glycoven replenishment between sets (very likely possible) and speed recovery, as the slin and carbs would be available immediately after the workout.

The reason I didn't mention this before (after the 1st post) is that taking in insulin before / during a workout is a good way to go majorly hypo. Normally insulin levels decrease during exercise to balance the insulin-like effect of contraction and prevent hypoglycemia. Introduce exogenous insulin and add in exercise and the effect of the insulin is enhanced and your need for carbs (relative to the IU's insulin injected) can be dramatically increased compared to a shot when you're just sitting around. Hit 10IU drink 100g carbs (exercise will also slow gastric emptying) and go try to do a high volume leg workout and you've got a great chance of waking up in this hospital.

PM me r.e. this if you're interested - I just don't like to talk about this kind of idea (other than theoretically) b/c some numbskull will do something dangerous out of ignorance.

-Randy

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke