over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A Day In The Life of a Bodybuilder: For the Less Genetically Gifted- AMA

Hi bbxtreme, thanks for doing this.

1.) You mentioned that you do a workout routine for 4 weeks and then rotate it out, does the volume change at all week to week? EG. Week 1, 12 sets for chest, Week 2, 14 sets, etc.

2.) Are the OTC supplements something that you decided on (seems like there are a lot that focus on digestion), or are these something that AJ has recommended you take?

Good luck with the rest of your prep!

Hi bbxtreme, thanks for doing this.

1.) You mentioned that you do a workout routine for 4 weeks and then rotate it out, does the volume change at all week to week? EG. Week 1, 12 sets for chest, Week 2, 14 sets, etc.

2.) Are the OTC supplements something that you decided on (seems like there are a lot that focus on digestion), or are these something that AJ has recommended you take?

Good luck with the rest of your prep!
For the time being I am still using the same workout plan and doing higher intensity with moderate volume as I am in prep.

If I change a movement at this point it’s to work around an aggravated injury or because I feel I can get more connection with the muscle.

The second reason I would rotate would be to focus on a weak area, but I likely wouldn’t make this change until my next progressive phase as right now we are chasing a look.

Supplements- a bit of both. AJ makes his suggestions optional in that area for me given my background so what I have listed is a mix of his knowledge and mine.

I came here looking to bridge the gap between my medical knowledge, science and on paper knowledge, and how it translates to real world and what works. I have loads to learn still, but I just wanted to say I appreciate this thread and your concerted effort to bring knowledge to the people.

I came here looking to bridge the gap between my medical knowledge, science and on paper knowledge, and how it translates to real world and what works. I have loads to learn still, but I just wanted to say I appreciate this thread and your concerted effort to bring knowledge to the people.
Appreciate it man. Excited to have you as a member here with your knowledge. We need more guys like you to help bridge the gap.

Appreciate it man. Excited to have you as a member here with your knowledge. We need more guys like you to help bridge the gap.
I’m trying. Medicine is so dogmatic that I’ll admit it’s hard to put that on pause sometimes when I’m reading the extremes you guys put your body through. However, I’d rather learn and part of the solution for something I’m passionate about.

I’m trying. Medicine is so dogmatic that I’ll admit it’s hard to put that on pause sometimes when I’m reading the extremes you guys put your body through. However, I’d rather learn and part of the solution for something I’m passionate about.
My good friend and PCP who I’ve known for a decade now and fully knows all I do once told me the best advice-

“we as doctors have no idea on how anabolics at that level work within the body as there’s no literature or training. Your best bet is to find the smartest coaches you can as experience will trump even our best guess in this subject.”

He is one of the smartest doctors I know. But that’s what I did hence I have worked with some of the best coaches. Once you do this long enough you’ll start to see there is actually a lot of overlap and patterns.

I’ve personally began to learn and see that it’s not as complicated as I thought it once was. But that’s not to say there still aren’t many unknowns.

My good friend and PCP who I’ve known for a decade now and fully knows all I do once told me the best advice-

“we as doctors have no idea on how anabolics at that level work within the body as there’s no literature or training. Your best bet is to find the smartest coaches you can as experience will trump even our best guess in this subject.”

He is one of the smartest doctors I know. But that’s what I did hence I have worked with some of the best coaches. Once you do this long enough you’ll start to see there is actually a lot of overlap and patterns.

I’ve personally began to learn and see that it’s not as complicated as I thought it once was. But that’s not to say there still aren’t many unknowns.
That is very sage advice from a smart doc.

I think one of the things I’m finding the most impressive/refreshing is the constant redirection to the individuals response to xyz dose or drug. You and @danieltx do such a better job at that than the whole fucking healthcare system. Thanks for letting me come along on your journey.

For those curious we made some changes. Again not posting my full cycle, but will note some things to clear up some myths:

1. We lowered Test over the last few weeks slowly from my 1250mg. We are now at 600mg weekly. You don’t need high test in the final weeks of a prep. Totally different look and goal than a progressive phase.

2. We increased tren while doing so.

3. For this week we have added in 10mg MENT pre-workout. Sometimes you gotta break the rules.

Cardio- we dropped HIT and are doing 60min per day now or LISS 130bpm. It’s split 35 min AM fasted and 25 min PM. 6 days per week.

My diet looks the same, but we have dropped protein slightly on baseline days only. Why? Because we are going to slowly titrate carbs back up to fill out more.

We are in the last 5 weeks now so it’s go-time.

1. We lowered Test over the last few weeks slowly from my 1250mg. We are now at 600mg now weekly. You don’t need high test in the final weeks of a prep. Totally different look and goal than a progressive phase.

2. We increased tren while doing so.

3. For this week we have added in 10mg MENT pre-workout. Sometimes you gotta break the rules
Have you had to change your DAO and anti-histamine protocol as you’ve increased your Tren dosage?

Have you had to change your DAO and anti-histamine protocol as you’ve increased your Tren dosage?
Great question. Yes- I have had to take more DAO with meals to keep GERD under control but as long as I do so there are no issues.

The other thing I’ve done is push magnesium to 1000mg spread throughout the day. This will help clear out the dopamine spike tren causes as you’re trying to sleep. Along with many other things.

I think once you mentioned for ... quads I think... doing a Widowmaker... extreme stretch..then another

Curious about doing the stretch then another exercise. Do you feel inter set stretching is helpful? Is it something you believe in or your trainer instructed you to do? I always do extreme stretches after working a body part but never considered doing them...then hitting the part again. Seems like it could be effective.

I think once you mentioned for ... quads I think... doing a Widowmaker... extreme stretch..then another

Curious about doing the stretch then another exercise. Do you feel inter set stretching is helpful? Is it something you believe in or your trainer instructed you to do? I always do extreme stretches after working a body part but never considered doing them...then hitting the part again. Seems like it could be effective.
We only do the DC extreme quad stretch at the ed of quad day. It’s meant to end the workout. At that point there’s no way I could even attempt another exercise. 😂

We only do the DC extreme quad stretch at the ed of quad day. It’s meant to end the workout. At that point there’s no way I could even attempt another exercise. 😂
Gotcha. For some reason thought I saw a post where you did an extreme stretch then another Widowmaker lol

Gotcha. For some reason thought I saw a post where you did an extreme stretch then another Widowmaker lol
That’s arm day. I do them for biceps between my two widow maker sets on preacher curls.

Quads I do a true failure leg extension round Dorian Yates style. Then do the DC quad stretch.

That’s arm day. I do them for biceps between my two widow maker sets on preacher curls.

Quads I do a true failure leg extension round Dorian Yates style. Then do the DC quad stretch.
Gotcha. I think I screenshoted your arms workout but can't find
I alternate between dumbbell and rope for hammer curls as I love the feel the dumbbell gives better. But here is my bicep workout for this month that AJ and I landed on which I have permission to share:

Arms : ( BICEPS )
Progressive warm up :
Preacher Curls into Rope Cable Curls into incline DB Curls . We are simply moving blood into the biceps . Non stopfashion 3 sets each 12-15 reps NOT HEAVY AT ALL !!! This shouldn’t do anything but warm you up really good !

Preacher Curls w/ E-Z Bar
We want to really continue to focus on the full ROM on these and it’s where most guys truly miss it. Again wrist are down and elbows are firmly planted on preacher bench you are focusing on the PEAK CONTRACTION HERE HARD !!! Rep tempo again is 3 second eccentrics and a more explosive 2 second concentric .. We will hit 4 sets here with a rep scheme of 12 reps and the last set we will drop the weight by 30-40% and perform a drop set for another 12 reps FULL ROM on those as well NO SANDBAGGING this one dig deep and make it hurt !

Standing Hammer Rope Curls :
I want you to keep the elbows really tucked in here on these ! Chest stays up and scapula pulled back . Make sure you have a decent distance from the stack because I want you to truly get a FULL stretch on these !! As you come up on the concentric open up the rope and truly squeeze the biceps at the peak contraction here !! We will hit 3 sets of 10 here ! Nothing to fancy right ? Well what is going to make these different is once we hit our rep scheme you WILL NOT drop the weight but we will move into BOTTOM PARTIALS … Stay in a full stretched position of the biceps and pulse the reps less than ½ of full ROM and give me 15 !!!!

Preacher Machine Curls:

We are only doing 2 sets here that DC made famous called a widow maker set ! The goal is 25 reps here total !!! The weight should be enough where you fail really around 12-13 reps and need a small rest pause to bang out a few more then repeat all the way to 25 reps total ! This should absolutely smoke your biceps ! If it didn’t then you simply didn’t use enough weight and the intensity wasn’t there like it should have been ! As soon as you drop the weight go right into the stretch below !!! Once you completed the stretch return back to the preacher machine and drop the weight by 50% and give me another set exact same rep scheme and back to 1 more stretch set post !!!!

DC BICEP STRETCH : Click link to view how to perform these ! (
)
Correct found it here .

So looks like your coach shared a similar philosophy as Milos, hit em heavy then pump at the end or just accumulate as many effective reps as possible?

I noticed you take your aromasin on an empty stomach. Since you're really OCD about this kind of stuff, isn't it better absorved with fats? Or it really doesn't matter?

I noticed you take your aromasin on an empty stomach. Since you're really OCD about this kind of stuff, isn't it better absorved with fats? Or it really doesn't matter?
It’s taken just before my first meal. So I am eating 15-20 min later. Just works out better for my schedule. And I’m consuming only trace fats at this point of my prep.

I wouldn’t stress too much. Getting it in consistently is what matters most IMO.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperAndy
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
yourdailyvitamins