over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

a diet from hell??

Can you tell me what that means and how it does that?

You got me there Phil (as I have no clue) and I personally wouldn't buy into it. You see it pop up in some supplements. I just like the taste:D. Sometimes I think companies, people, ect tell you stuff just to make you think they have a secret. There really isn't a secret but consistency and hard work.

Even more interesting if you look up Cinnamon Nutritional facts. I'm quoting all this of course...

Would you believe that a mere teaspoon of cinnamon contains 28 mg of calcium, almost one mg of iron, over a gram of fiber, and quite a lot of vitamins C, K, and manganese? It’s true. It also contains about half a gram of “usable” (non-fiber) carbohydrate.

Health Benefits of Cinnamon
In traditional medicine, cinnamon has been used for digestive ailments such as indigestion, gas and bloating, stomach upset, and diarrhea. More recently, modern medical research has turned its eye on cinnamon and is coming up with some intriguing results. It has a mild anti-inflammatory effect. It also slows the spoiling of food (which is probably related to why it was used as an embalming agent in ancient Egypt), and has anti-fungal properties as well.

However, the potential health benefits of cinnamon that have received the most attention have to do with its effects on blood glucose and cholesterol.

Cinnamon May Improve Type 2 Diabetes and Insulin Resistance
This is the news that is most exciting for people who respond to low-carb diets, since most (or at least a substantial percentage) of us are probably insulin resistant or diabetic. Several studies have shown improved insulin sensitivity and blood glucose control by taking as little as ½ teaspoon of cinnamon per day. Improving insulin resistance can help in weight control as well as decreasing the risk for heart disease, so this has a lot of people interested. Although the results of preliminary studies are somewhat mixed, the majority of the research seems to be pointing in the direction of cinnamon being beneficial. Along with the improvement in blood sugar, these studies have documented improvements in triglycerides, blood pressure, and LDL cholesterol.

Well

Even more interesting if you look up Cinnamon Nutritional facts. I'm quoting all this of course...

Would you believe that a mere teaspoon of cinnamon contains 28 mg of calcium, almost one mg of iron, over a gram of fiber, and quite a lot of vitamins C, K, and manganese? It’s true. It also contains about half a gram of “usable” (non-fiber) carbohydrate.

Health Benefits of Cinnamon
In traditional medicine, cinnamon has been used for digestive ailments such as indigestion, gas and bloating, stomach upset, and diarrhea. More recently, modern medical research has turned its eye on cinnamon and is coming up with some intriguing results. It has a mild anti-inflammatory effect. It also slows the spoiling of food (which is probably related to why it was used as an embalming agent in ancient Egypt), and has anti-fungal properties as well.

However, the potential health benefits of cinnamon that have received the most attention have to do with its effects on blood glucose and cholesterol.

Cinnamon May Improve Type 2 Diabetes and Insulin Resistance
This is the news that is most exciting for people who respond to low-carb diets, since most (or at least a substantial percentage) of us are probably insulin resistant or diabetic. Several studies have shown improved insulin sensitivity and blood glucose control by taking as little as ½ teaspoon of cinnamon per day. Improving insulin resistance can help in weight control as well as decreasing the risk for heart disease, so this has a lot of people interested. Although the results of preliminary studies are somewhat mixed, the majority of the research seems to be pointing in the direction of cinnamon being beneficial. Along with the improvement in blood sugar, these studies have documented improvements in triglycerides, blood pressure, and LDL cholesterol.

Is this geared towards overweight people? Also, when running test, tren, deca, etc...........how much effect can it have on BG levels and insulin sensitivity. It is like shootong someone wit a shotgun then for good measure calling them a name.

Is this geared towards overweight people? Also, when running test, tren, deca, etc...........how much effect can it have on BG levels and insulin sensitivity. It is like shootong someone wit a shotgun then for good measure calling them a name.

Well, honestly, since nobody come up with an answer to your question, I just did an internet search and quoted what I found. I took no reponsibility for the contents. I made that clear by saying I'm quoting all this.

I DID NOT WRITE THE ARTICLE.
...and personally, I have no idea how effective cinnamon is at regulating sugar. What I gather is that it, in fact, has some proven regulating qualities. How much? I don't know and don't pretend to know.

I understand

Well, honestly, since nobody come up with an answer to your question, I just did an internet search and quoted what I found. I took no reponsibility for the contents. I made that clear by saying I'm quoting all this.

I DID NOT WRITE THE ARTICLE.
...and personally, I have no idea how effective cinnamon is at regulating sugar. What I gather is that it, in fact, has some proven regulating qualities. How much? I don't know and don't pretend to know.

But I just told you. :)

Seriously though, like everyone has said, a diet like this will make you crazy. Cardio in the morning is the right idea, but thats too much, how are you gonna step it up if you are already doing an hour? I say fuck the cinnamon, get some healthy fats and some variety.

Also, IMHO don't weigh your food once you figure out how much too eat. Who cares what a chicken breast weighs, just eat that bitch

Phil, I was wondering if you thought GDAs in general were useful? I have been taking R-ala, and apple cider vinegar. I stopped taking chromium after reading a thread on here where it caused cancer in rats (no idea if it applies to humans, but still a little scary). I usually take them with my higher carb meals on workout days because I put on fat easily.

Phil

My mother-in-law eats cinamon religiously because she thinks it's like a natural laxitive. She has an eating disorder an weighs all of 90 lbs! I read somewhere that it did this, but I don't remember where

its a glucose disposal agent I believe because it contains naturally occurring chromium,.

just bumping my post to clarify anybody wondering why cinnamon was a GDA.

I am a strong believe in many spices. That is one thing I feel is unfortunate with most American diets.. lack of all the spices that have a lot of value. Seems the average person just uses salt and pepper. This is unfortunate.

I try to put turmeric on most of my meats whenever I get a chance.

Some of the spices in my diet include Cumin, coriander, paprika, cayenne, cinnamon etc. etc.

I believe spices are more important than multi vitamins and supplement my diet very well, in taste and health.

Plus I like the idea that they can neutralize some of the free radicals and carcinogens created by foods during heating.

Thats why I usually cook my beef with onions and garlic.

Anyways, cinnamon has many other uses besides being a GDA, plus I like its taste.

I am a strong believe in many spices. That is one thing I feel is unfortunate with most American diets.. lack of all the spices that have a lot of value. Seems the average person just uses salt and pepper. This is unfortunate.

I try to put turmeric on most of my meats whenever I get a chance.

Some of the spices in my diet include Cumin, coriander, paprika, cayenne, cinnamon etc. etc.

I believe spices are more important than multi vitamins and supplement my diet very well, in taste and health.

Plus I like the idea that they can neutralize some of the free radicals and carcinogens created by foods during heating.

Thats why I usually cook my beef with onions and garlic.

Anyways, cinnamon has many other uses besides being a GDA, plus I like its taste.

thanks bro

update!!

4 days in to this diet I have lost 13.2 pounds! unbelievable...DNP doesnt produce greater results than this diet!! its scary

lol

IMO, the diet isn't bad, although probably used for short-term considering one might get tired of eating the same foods day in and out. I see no problem with it for a few weeks, as long as it fits the macro% range he is shooting for.

The 8-min and 55-min guideline(s) crap is retarded though.

Apple Cider Vinegar and Cinnamon are both used to regulate blood sugar levels. The effects will vary person to person, depending on their insulin sensitivy status. A person with good IS will not benefit as much as a person from bad IS. Obese and higher BF% people may see a benefit since they will more than likely be insulin resistant to some degree (variable of course). Mainly used by most for "insurance" purposes, even if they already have good IS.

I'll have to relook at AC-vinegars properties again though, I think it worked through a slightly different action. Good thing is that it is cheap and at every grocery store;)

BMJ

IMO, the diet isn't bad, although probably used for short-term considering one might get tired of eating the same foods day in and out. I see no problem with it for a few weeks, as long as it fits the macro% range he is shooting for.

The 8-min and 55-min guideline(s) crap is retarded though.

Apple Cider Vinegar and Cinnamon are both used to regulate blood sugar levels. The effects will vary person to person, depending on their insulin sensitivy status. A person with good IS will not benefit as much as a person from bad IS. Obese and higher BF% people may see a benefit since they will more than likely be insulin resistant to some degree (variable of course). Mainly used by most for "insurance" purposes, even if they already have good IS.

I'll have to relook at AC-vinegars properties again though, I think it worked through a slightly different action. Good thing is that it is cheap and at every grocery store;)

BMJ

yep, so far it is very good, I have more energy, and more alert, and back pain is nonexistent

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws