over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A few questions

pumpt73

Registered
Hi fellas, I didn't want to be a post/thread whore and had a couple of questions, so I decided to put them all into one thread.

First up, I was training legs today. Finally put power rack squats back in like a man. I know, I know, smith machine is BS. I didn't do bad. I topped out at 315 for 10 reps, ass to the floor. Now, when I go to train my hamstrings, my gym is limited. We have several versions of the lying leg curl and only one standing leg curl.

Is there anything else I can put in for hams besides these two movements??? I've also been doing stiff leg deads, but I don't feel as this is enough. We don't have a seated leg curl, so I was wondering if anyone had any pointers.

Number 2. I visited my doc today to get my script for Suboxone. That stuff is a life saver I swear. I told him I had been dealing with a little depression and he cut me a script for Paxil. Now, I've taken Zoloft in the past and hated the stuff. It made me have suicidal thoughts. Has anyone taken Paxil??? If so, how did you do on it??? If this stuff is going to make me feel the same way I did on Zoloft, there is no way in hell Im putting in my body. Any help would be appreciated fellas. Thank you in advance.

YouTube - High School Girl Glute/Ham Raise

pumpt, here's a vid of a cool ham glute exercise but i think you need a special piece of equipment to do them.

Ah yes, thank you for this Tom. I've done a variation of these before. We have a plate loaded calf raise. I've loaded it up with 5 or 6 plates (as a counterweight) and used a bar (the PVC ones people use for torso twists). Place my hands about head high then slowly lean forward, hold, then bring it back. I think I will put this back into my ham routine. Thanks again for the vid Tom.

improvise

LOL...anyone with a few years experience in a gym can rig up almost anything out of the available equipment. i think tomorrow i will convert a lat pulldown and a squat rack into a time machine....

I told him I had been dealing with a little depression and he cut me a script for Paxil. Now, I've taken Zoloft in the past and hated the stuff. It made me have suicidal thoughts. Has anyone taken Paxil??? If so, how did you do on it??? If this stuff is going to make me feel the same way I did on Zoloft, there is no way in hell Im putting in my body. Any help would be appreciated fellas. Thank you in advance.

There is no way to determine in advance how you will respond to any given antidepressant even if it belongs to the same class as one you have used before.

The STAR*D (Sequenced Treatment Alternatives to Relieve Depression) study, the largest prospective clinical trial of treatment of depression ever conducted, running for 7 years and involving thousands of patients[1] provides a structured method for treating depression[2]. With STAR*D Citalopram (Celexa) is the first line drug for depression. Citalopram has proven to be well tolerated and at least as effective as the other SSRI[2]. Escitalopram -- a newer SSRI related to citalopram -- has proven itself the most effective of the SSRIs[3]. For these reason it may be better if your doctor put you on Citalopram or Escitalopram instead of Paroxetine.

Walking lunges always seem to work my hams and glutes well

If you have a leg press, you can do "hamstring presses" by having your feet VERY high on the platform (possibly even have your toes off the top of the platform) and pushing thru your hams and glutes.

Shown here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3zIwfQwuHg

good stuff

If you have a leg press, you can do "hamstring presses" by having your feet VERY high on the platform (possibly even have your toes off the top of the platform) and pushing thru your hams and glutes.

Shown here:
YouTube - leg training 4.5 weeks out

Thanks for posting this. My lower back messes with me when doing straight leg deads. This should work.

Thanks for posting this. My lower back messes with me when doing straight leg deads. This should work.

Yes, it's basically the same movement as a SLDL or Romanian DL, but without the lower back recruitment.

Shown here:
YouTube - leg training 4.5 weeks out

Yes, thank you for this Shelby. I will put this into my ham routine next week. I just needed something else besides lying and standing leg curls. Also, Dad, thank you, this is another movement I will give a try with.

Tom, LMFAO!!!!!!!!!! How true, how true you can come up with some crazy things in the gym.

Also, iprimate, thank you for the info mate. I won't lie, Im scared to death to even try Paxil, knowing it's the same type of drug as Zoloft. But, on the other hand, my doctor that has been treating me for my past pain med addiction hasn't steered me wrong before.

DB Leg Curl

Lie face down on a flat bench with your knees just hanging off the end and find a way to hold on ... each flat bench is different. Have a workout partner place a vertically oriented dumbbell between your feet, with your feet on each side of the grip where your hands would go with one weighted side above your feet and one below. Curl like you would a lying leg curl. Though it seems like the same motion as a machine curl, it is wildly different lol. Keep going until you can only pump out a couple partial reps. These will nuke your hams.

paxil

Bro I had the same issues with zoloft , My dr changed me over to paxil it it worked great. I cant say it will do the same for you , but figured I would share My experiance with it anyways.

Hamstrings:

For me the one leg stiff leg dumbell deadlift absolutly destroys the hamstrings. Once you get the form down, you will not hesitate with replacing the two leg version: YouTube - St. Augustine Personal Training - One Leg Stiff Leg Deadlift

i do my GHR similar to Layne Norton: YouTube - Glut_ham_raise_bodyweight_plus_45lbs
I don't use a bench though, i grab one of those rubberpads that people use as support for abwork, place it underneath my knees to secure myself tighly into into the lat pulldown.

Good luck :)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity