over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A few stupid questions I have

Performance Based

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hey guys, beginner level questions but seeing as very few of those of us who are intermediate - advanced browse that section I wanted to post this over here.... Heres a few questions I have had for a little bit..

1) I keep reading about individuals taking 5-10 grams of glutamine with meals... I was always under the impression that glutamine is drastically over rated for a protein source and anti catabolic?

2) Fruit as a carb source? How is this different than standard sugars? Glycogen retention works with this????? Anytime I see a post of someone asking in regards to this they get a snippy/bitchy response lol.

3) GH... Currently doing 2.5 upon waking and 2.5 pre bed time... I am waking up frequently with full energy throughout the night and having to piss non stop... Is this from the fat cells hitting the blood stream and utilizing for energy?

4) I know whole food works better than MRP shakes... But can anyone explain to me WHY! My shakes are 125 grams of carbs each, 75 grams protein, sub 5 grams of fat.... I don't feel musculary full/vascular after drinking these in comparison with eating the same macro nutrients with solid food. Just curious as too why.

Hey guys, beginner level questions but seeing as very few of those of us who are intermediate - advanced browse that section I wanted to post this over here.... Heres a few questions I have had for a little bit..

1) I keep reading about individuals taking 5-10 grams of glutamine with meals... I was always under the impression that glutamine is drastically over rated for a protein source and anti catabolic?

Glutamine is a very abundant nutrient, although it does not mean it's useless, it is in fact quite important. Just because you do not notice steroid-like effects from it does not mean it's not helping.

2) Fruit as a carb source? How is this different than standard sugars? Glycogen retention works with this????? Anytime I see a post of someone asking in regards to this they get a snippy/bitchy response lol.

Fruit also is high in fiber which slows down the disgestion rate some. But more importantly, fruit is crutial to health, and the vitamin C it provides, as well as acids etc, are important to growth.

3) GH... Currently doing 2.5 upon waking and 2.5 pre bed time... I am waking up frequently with full energy throughout the night and having to piss non stop... Is this from the fat cells hitting the blood stream and utilizing for energy?

Are you using T3?

4) I know whole food works better than MRP shakes... But can anyone explain to me WHY! My shakes are 125 grams of carbs each, 75 grams protein, sub 5 grams of fat.... I don't feel musculary full/vascular after drinking these in comparison with eating the same macro nutrients with solid food. Just curious as too why.

Protein shakes lack a wide array of macro and micro nutrients found in real foods. The vitamins and minerals from whole foods are essential and also contribute to muscle building and fat loss. Your body is also meant to chew food, which releases naturally digestive enzymes in the body, not to mention the enzymes in the food - this provides a much high rate of absorption of nutrients. You'll realize the way things are made in nature are the way things are meant to be.

Glad to help.

I am no expert, and I have seen pics of you, you are more advanced than me,
but I will give my two cents anyway.....

1)I like glutamine. When I take it regularly, I feel that I recover better.
I just went for a long period without it, and began taking it again a couple weeks ago.
These last two weeks I have done some back to back training
days (normally train EOD) just because I felt very recovered and ready to go.

2)I eat a lot of fruit. It has not negatively impacted my physique at all, and it makes
me feel healthier and more energized. I didn't just add fruits to the carbs I was already
eating; I reduced other carb sources and replaced them with carbs from fruit.

3)Can't help with that one. When I used GH, I took a 5iu shot before bed and slept like a baby.

4)I personally do not feel they are any worse, other than maybe feeling a little more bloated
and gassy. I did a long run of shakes only as my protein source, and my results did not suffer.
I currently do a 50/50 blend of powders and whole foods, sometimes I even blend them together
in my vitamix. When blended with whole food protein and fruits + veggies, I don't get any of the
bloat or gas issues from powdered shakes alone.

Last edited:
In regards to #3....you could be experiencing GH increasing your insulin resistance..(which is one reason why the more you take the crappier you can eat)

Glad to help.

No offense man but these are very simplistic answers, not a beginner by any means.... 5'10 245 around 8-9%... thank you for taking the time to answer though man.

Not using T3 currently going to incorporate T4 soon.

Why is carb absorption different in shake format than solid food?

Does the glycemic index vary that much in fruits vs. say oats? How are people using fruits successfully as carb sources?

Glutamine, I think I was reading that it heals the stomach or something like that when used in small dosages with every meal allowing for maximum absorption?

It is totally overrated. If you're eating enough protein then you don't need glutamine. Don't fall for the broscience supplement companies push.

Fruit has a mix of sugars (fructose and glucose) which helps fill both your liver and your muscle glycogen. It also has dietary fiber, which slows the digestion of the nutrients AND it has vitamins and some other micronutrients.

Most comments on whole food over shakes sound logical but I've yet to see an actual research study that proves this. In fact the ones I've read have found no advantages/disadvantages to having either food or protein shake over the other.

It is totally overrated. If you're eating enough protein then you don't need glutamine. Don't fall for the broscience supplement companies push.

Fruit has a mix of sugars (fructose and glucose) which helps fill both your liver and your muscle glycogen. It also has dietary fiber, which slows the digestion of the nutrients AND it has vitamins and some other micronutrients.

Thank you for the explanation. Would high end fruit juices (fresh/no sugar added) work as a carb source for a meal?

The glutamine thing was actually being talked about in regards to george farrahs insulin protocol, he was having people take 5-10 grams of glutamine with every meal while insulin is active.

I don't understand why though if protein levels are high enough?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity