over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A FITNESS CONSULTATION GONE WRONG.....

due to circumstances beyond my control ive had to join a new gym......im used to a more hard core type gym and this is really not but its all ive got.....well.....one of the requirements for this gym is to have a consultation.....first of all let me state i in no way put down another person for there goals or ther physique......BUT - I KNEW WHEN I SEEN MY CONSULTANT.....THIS ISNT GOING TO BE GOOD......first let me tell you alittle about myself.....my stats today were 5-9.....284lbs....18%bf(i know to much bf.....i was told).....ok back to the so called trainer/consultant....he walks out to meet me.....he may weigh 125(wet) wearing workout gloves and a belt to support his back.....the catch is he wasnt working out that was just what he wears......he informs me he has a degree in physical education and also 3 certificates in personal traning......i only remember one of the certificates and it was a NASM certified trainer.......if that means anything......to make along story short he informed nearly everything i did was wrong......i am however according to him taking my protein at the right time.....thats about it.....by the time this fiasco was over i was about ready to turn this kid over my knee.....i have been in a gym since i was 18 years old....im now 41....i by no means have the best body on the planet but im by far from having the worst......i believe i am a person that tries to remain teachable.....but what gives this kid the right to judge me when he has no actual experience.....just knowledge and theories......in my opinion its not har to look at me and tell i try to take my gym time serious...im ok with my bf% at this......im still trying to get a liitle bigger.....im not ready to try to cut down......i like being a big boy....i just dont see how someone can think knowledge trumps experience.......thanks for reading......am i wrong?

These guys are all over the place, and they are multiplying. I unfortunately belong to planet gayness, because the gym i used to go to shut down. These little pricks are all over the place. Before i injured myself, i was on the incline bench repping out 315, and could see someone in the corner of my eye standing behind me. I had my headphones on becuase i didnt want to be bothered. 2 sets later i still see this person in the corner of my eye, and finally i turn around and look at him. He just starts talking and i cant hear this little prick, and tell him to hold on. I take my head phones off and he asks me what my goals are. I told him my goal was to complete my workout without being interupted. He apologized, but said he noticed that I was bringing the bar down to my chest, and that i could get injured using that amount of weight, and maybe i should bring the bar to 6 to 8 inches off my chest. I asked him to do a set to show me, and he says ok. So he starts to take a plate off one side. I said wow buddy i thought you were going to show me how its done. He says yeah but i dont go over 135 on the incline. Finally i said leave the fucking weight on and take a walk, and let me finish my last set. The little fucker then says ok...if you want to do it the way you are go ahead. I told him when i want to get down to 125 pounds and look like an aids victim i would ask him for help. These little fuckers are cocky little pricks!!

These guys are all over the place, and they are multiplying. I unfortunately belong to planet gayness, because the gym i used to go to shut down. These little pricks are all over the place. Before i injured myself, i was on the incline bench repping out 315, and could see someone in the corner of my eye standing behind me. I had my headphones on becuase i didnt want to be bothered. 2 sets later i still see this person in the corner of my eye, and finally i turn around and look at him. He just starts talking and i cant hear this little prick, and tell him to hold on. I take my head phones off and he asks me what my goals are. I told him my goal was to complete my workout without being interupted. He apologized, but said he noticed that I was bringing the bar down to my chest, and that i could get injured using that amount of weight, and maybe i should bring the bar to 6 to 8 inches off my chest. I asked him to do a set to show me, and he says ok. So he starts to take a plate off one side. I said wow buddy i thought you were going to show me how its done. He says yeah but i dont go over 135 on the incline. Finally i said leave the fucking weight on and take a walk, and let me finish my last set. The little fucker then says ok...if you want to do it the way you are go ahead. I told him when i want to get down to 125 pounds and look like an aids victim i would ask him for help. These little fuckers are cocky little pricks!!

Damn!! Thats cold blooded!!!
But you are right those lil dudes think lifting weights is dangerous. Regular folks aren't used to pushing themselves, so when they see guys like us lift they have to find some way/some how to talk shit.

Man i actually work at 24hrfitness and pussy mother fuckers trip out when i lift. And by no means am i huge (5'9 215lb 10-12bf%). I did 315 on incline press but only for 4 reps on my last power set and this 130lb dude came up to me and said "i never seen anybody as strong as you in here" And im like...i aint shit compared to true BB's/PWL's. I didn't by any means take that as a complement...why would i want to brag about being the "strong/big trainer at 24hrfitness?

I've had similar run-ins with veggans, etc...dudes are all 140 pound fitness experts. LOLMAO...

I had to join a 24HR gym a couple of months ago and they offered the free PT consultation. I ask the lady to point out the trainer and she pointed to a 130lb 18yr old kid so I told her no thanks,I'm sure I know alot more than he does.
He's a lawsuit waiting to happen. He had a lady speed walking holding a 25lb plate overhead without a belt,warming-up or stretching and he was leaning on the desk just watching. She wasnt a young lady either.prob upper 40s maybe early 50s

You might have asked/stated to the trainer:

"Are you at least 18 yrs. old??? My parole office said that I am to refrain from contact with minors... See I just got out of prison from raping a boy that looked a lot like you..."

Maybe I should have kept that thought to myself... sorry if I have offended anyone.

Know it all pencil necks really bug me.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! im using that one.

Damn!! Thats cold blooded!!!
But you are right those lil dudes think lifting weights is dangerous. Regular folks aren't used to pushing themselves, so when they see guys like us lift they have to find some way/some how to talk shit.

Man i actually work at 24hrfitness and pussy mother fuckers trip out when i lift. And by no means am i huge (5'9 215lb 10-12bf%). I did 315 on incline press but only for 4 reps on my last power set and this 130lb dude came up to me and said "i never seen anybody as strong as you in here" And im like...i aint shit compared to true BB's/PWL's. I didn't by any means take that as a complement...why would i want to brag about being the "strong/big trainer at 24hrfitness?
HAHAHAHAHA this is too true I'm afraid. I get the same thing at the gym my GF and I go to. I am old. My big lift days are over, besides I have too many nagging injuries to worry about how much I can bench....if you get the drift. But being nearly 51 I go in and do my thing with my GF. Now the majority of guys in there are in their 20's-30's. Well All of them freak out at my workouts maybe for two reasons, I am still lifting sometimes twice as much as these young wnanbe's and also get my entire workout dowwn and dusted by the time these dicks get off the smith machine. My GF does all my spotting for me when I "try to go heavy" and sometimes these dicks come over and ask me if I need a spot. I politely say "No thanks my GF's got this". She can do as much as some of these guys in there, no shit, and the trainers......OMG please do not get me started on them.........I have not got all day and you guys have heard it all before....LOL. Please do not think I am bragging......I got nothin compared to some of the serious bro's here. And I have the upmost respect for them all.

I had to join a 24HR gym a couple of months ago and they offered the free PT consultation. I ask the lady to point out the trainer and she pointed to a 130lb 18yr old kid so I told her no thanks,I'm sure I know alot more than he does.
He's a lawsuit waiting to happen. He had a lady speed walking holding a 25lb plate overhead without a belt,warming-up or stretching and he was leaning on the desk just watching. She wasnt a young lady either.prob upper 40s maybe early 50s

dude i totally agree i had the same thing happen to me im one of the bigger guys in the gym. i go to one of those fancy gyms with the pools rock climbing wall. i wouldn't go there but they have day care for 2 hrs straight and its good for the kids. if i was back in dallas this would not be the case.

the guy asked me if i wanted a personal training session i said no thanks i know what im doing.

when ever i look at these trainers i see them having these super fat people working on there core doing tons of sit ups working out on those fuck balls that you sit on and do curls and crap. i have never seen any one lose weight doing this type of workout they have them doing push up. i have even seen them doing free weight squats with no belt on people who have never worked out before.

why is it that none of these trainers look like they are in shape? i mean if you run a strip club you higher hot girls not the fatty's why should the gym be any different.

HAHAHAHAHA this is too true I'm afraid. I get the same thing at the gym my GF and I go to. I am old. My big lift days are over, besides I have too many nagging injuries to worry about how much I can bench....if you get the drift. But being nearly 51 I go in and do my thing with my GF. Now the majority of guys in there are in their 20's-30's. Well All of them freak out at my workouts maybe for two reasons, I am still lifting sometimes twice as much as these young wnanbe's and also get my entire workout dowwn and dusted by the time these dicks get off the smith machine. My GF does all my spotting for me when I "try to go heavy" and sometimes these dicks come over and ask me if I need a spot. I politely say "No thanks my GF's got this". She can do as much as some of these guys in there, no shit, and the trainers......OMG please do not get me started on them.........I have not got all day and you guys have heard it all before....LOL. Please do not think I am bragging......I got nothin compared to some of the serious bro's here. And I have the upmost respect for them all.

That part is 100% true. They freak out cuz how intense and focused we train. Regular people can barley half ass train so when they see dedication and consistency working out they freak. Like i said before, im just a gym rat imagine if they say Cutler or Arnold or WSM train...What would they think then?????

that reminds me a couple years ago of "oliver". i wasn't the strongest at the time, but i was doing dumbbell presses with the 100's for sets of about 8. he comes up and recommends i use lower weight and go higher reps, in the rep range of 60-100. i ignore him and continue my workout. another time, a friend is doing decline bench for sets of 6 with 225. oliver approaches. oliver says the same thing, and this friend of mine challenges him to try. oliver claims he can, but refuses to try. oliver then says he could outrep him any day of the week. we later see oliver doing incline presses with the bar and 2.5lb plates and the clips. oliver weighs no more than 115 pounds with his clothes on. oliver was promptly fired. i am lucky the la fitness i attend doesn't hire the douches like that any more. while they have some bs trainers, 1 because hes bilingual and a few that are females, the rest aren't horrid.

I would would not even listen to little boy. The fact that he is a little guy pretty sums it up. You would think he would apply his techniques and knowledge to build a half way decent body.

Has anyone heard of Planet Fitness. I train at personal training stuido and one of my clients was telling me about this place. They have an alarm system set up in their gym and if you drop the weight or make any type of noises they will sound the alarm and come up to you. The dumbbells only go up to 75 pounds and they tell you from the get go that they discourage heavy lifting. Even 24 hour fitness and LA have turned into weak ass gyms. Most gyms only have dumbbells up to 100 pounds now and thats if your lucky.

yea i heard they dont allow grunting in planet fitness or heavy lifting.

Yup they ripped me off for 25 on a day pass cause I had no other choice and WOW. I got away with my workout because it was late at night but woooow. They even have a sign up with some ridiculous name for anyone who lifts heavy or JUDGES (in all caps like that)

Reading theses stories makes me very happy I invested all I have in my home gym. If I drop my dumbbells or screen and curse. No one can say shit.

I have always had a bit of an attitude problem. I dont think I would do well in one of those places.

"Are you at least 18 yrs. old??? My parole office said that I am to refrain from contact with minors... See I just got out of prison from raping a boy that looked a lot like you..."

Maybe I should have kept that thought to myself... sorry if I have offended anyone.

LMFAO!!! :D

Actually that would have been the best thing to say by far... letting him talk, not replying a single word to his non-sense, then when he's done BAM! Lol!

"workout gloves and a belt to support his back".....lmao!

I had this same experience at "The Rush" gym. I am not by nature a smart ass, but I made an exception this time...I stopped him after he ask me if I wanted to buy some personal training sessions from him? I said NO and if he got stuck with any of his clients to come find me and I would help him out...lol

These "trainers" go through a two day course at the gym to get certified...
95% of them look like they have never picked up a weight...fucking joke

I'm fortunate enough to have found a true "hardcore" gym ... the dbs go up to 150 lbs (not that a 5'2" girl has any use for that weight :p, but the point is, they're available), we can use chalk, we can drop the weights if necessary, and the trainers get to keep 100% of their fees - the gym doesn't take a cut. Best of all, there are no "fitness consultations" or "equipment demonstrations" like there were at the fancy Gold's I used to belong to.

Plus, people usually leave me alone when I'm training. Except for some new 18-year old who thinks it's ok to try to talk to me when I'm in the middle of a set. :mad: But he doesn't do that anymore after Lucian told him I'm prone to go ballistic on people who interrupt my training. :D

LMFAO...dam bro made my day, im a mno expert but is sad when 99% of the personal trainers dont exude what they tell others....how can you teach someone if you dont lead by example.....just gives no respect for what they say.....imo

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear