over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A FITNESS CONSULTATION GONE WRONG.....

RESTLESS1

Registered
due to circumstances beyond my control ive had to join a new gym......im used to a more hard core type gym and this is really not but its all ive got.....well.....one of the requirements for this gym is to have a consultation.....first of all let me state i in no way put down another person for there goals or ther physique......BUT - I KNEW WHEN I SEEN MY CONSULTANT.....THIS ISNT GOING TO BE GOOD......first let me tell you alittle about myself.....my stats today were 5-9.....284lbs....18%bf(i know to much bf.....i was told).....ok back to the so called trainer/consultant....he walks out to meet me.....he may weigh 125(wet) wearing workout gloves and a belt to support his back.....the catch is he wasnt working out that was just what he wears......he informs me he has a degree in physical education and also 3 certificates in personal traning......i only remember one of the certificates and it was a NASM certified trainer.......if that means anything......to make along story short he informed nearly everything i did was wrong......i am however according to him taking my protein at the right time.....thats about it.....by the time this fiasco was over i was about ready to turn this kid over my knee.....i have been in a gym since i was 18 years old....im now 41....i by no means have the best body on the planet but im by far from having the worst......i believe i am a person that tries to remain teachable.....but what gives this kid the right to judge me when he has no actual experience.....just knowledge and theories......in my opinion its not har to look at me and tell i try to take my gym time serious...im ok with my bf% at this......im still trying to get a liitle bigger.....im not ready to try to cut down......i like being a big boy....i just dont see how someone can think knowledge trumps experience.......thanks for reading......am i wrong?

i was also informed that this is a fitness era......muscles went out in the 80's....whats up wih that?

i feel you pain, i have had to join a YMCA in my area since the hardcore gym days are done around here. I am constantly told that i don't need to lift that heavy to get in shape, or i should focus on feeling the weight more, or i should go for peak contraction. =-) Its like reading a weider traning article.

I had to do the fitness consultation also and it was funny. They made me describe my lifting routine and i either do dc 2day split or the Big A 3 day workout. I was told that the DC workout was all wrong. I should really try to devote one day to each bodypart if i wanted to get huge. =-) i just smiled and said thank you.

And by no means am i the biggest guy around. i am 5'8" and like 240ish at 12% bodyfat but like you said, by no means am i the smallest guy in the gym. It is always entertaining.

There's always some kid that knows it all. 2 week personal training certificates and they are experts.

And half these kids weren't even born in the 80's, how do they know what went out in the 80's

I'm stuck in the 80s

wearing cheap sunglasses! but not at the gym.
I don't understand some of the trainers I see. Most of them don't even look like they work out. I would never hire a trainer unless they visibly looked like they are practicing what they preach. Would you go to a dentist that had bad teeth?

There is a good chance he is competing in the new male model search division:rolleyes: To each thier own, but I usually just let thier new found advice go in one ear and out the other...and then ask them how many years have you applied this so called perfect exercise knowledge to yourself/others because any joeschome can read a exercise science certication book and repeat it (copy and paste convo). Prove to me you know your stuff with actual hands on experience and applied knowledge...I want proven results over time, not this one and done crap! Just frustrating as hell, but just know the consult will be over soon!

haha, funny you post this. My cousin just got his personal training certificate, i used to workout with him back when i was in highschool, since then i've far surpassed him and he is still kind of fat. He tried telling me that i could build my chest better with pushups then by lifting iron. WTF?!?!

I have been fortunate enough to only have one or two people ever try this kind thing. Usually i get asked why I use free weights almost exclusively. :rolleyes:

You might have asked/stated to the trainer:

"Are you at least 18 yrs. old??? My parole office said that I am to refrain from contact with minors... See I just got out of prison from raping a boy that looked a lot like you..."

Maybe I should have kept that thought to myself... sorry if I have offended anyone.

Know it all pencil necks really bug me.

"Are you at least 18 yrs. old??? My parole office said that I am to refrain from contact with minors... See I just got out of prison from raping a boy that looked a lot like you..."

Maybe I should have kept that thought to myself... sorry if I have offended anyone.

That was one of the funniest things I have ever read on this board. That little kid would have shit himself.

Unfortunately there are way too many of these kinds of trainers out there. There is something to be said for education and certificates, but if you never really apply what you've learned how do you know that it truly works? And then apply something you've never done, or haven't had results with, to someone else? Douchebags like this scare people off from REAL personal trainers everyday.

i was also informed that this is a fitness era......muscles went out in the 80's....whats up wih that?

so being muscular is no longer fit, WTF

thank you for that, I spit my lunch on my screen!!! LMFAO

I go to the gym early in the morning, 5:45, and there's a trainer who came up to my wife and I and asked if we'd done our "consultation". We said no because we have jobs and can't take off to have some tool watch us workout (we didn't say tool, but that we couldn't leave work). Anyways, this guy took so much offense that he evil eyes me everytime I work out. It's kinda funny. I walked past him as I was coming out of the locker room and asked him how he was, this douche eye balled me up and down, walked 10 ft past me, and mumbled "how ya doin"? What a fuck, take what these guys say and do with a grain of salt. Like people have said, they get their 2 week class done and think they know it all.

I will jump in here and say.....you do not need to look like a body builder to be a trainer, but and I mean but you should at least have some common sense and powers of observation to see that someone packing some decent muscle mass knows how to train. It would be like one of us going up to Jay Cutler or Ronnie Colemen and telling them what they are doing wrong and that their form is shit!!!!! :eek:. I just would not be game if you know what I mean. How did this kid know if you were a powerlifter or a body builder or just a recreational trainer that likes to be bigger than the average Joe? He made an assumption based on his text book that you have no knowledge of what you are doing. He was basically wrong for approaching the consult the way he did. For that he is a dick! So all you can do is smile and say thank you........even though you want to squeeze the little shit like a pimple!!

Your first clue that it wasnt going to go right was when he came out with his belt and gloves on just for a consult! hahahahahaha

muscles are so 80's? There it is, the damn excuse I was looking for to stay fat! There is a GOD! :D:D

restless1, this terrible incident you posted about is becoming the norm. what is considered to be aesthetic in europe has made its way to the US. the gyms over here are full of pencil-dick-i-like-to-ride-my-gay-stupid-bicycle-physiques who look like all they do is yoga and pilates. and wear spandex biker shorts and gloves. insanely gay if you ask me.

these people belong behind a desk. not in a gym. they hide behind their hard earned worthless certificates proving one thing: that they know how to study. and they should just fucking continue to do so. :mad:

Actually, he is very knowledgeable if he has a NASM Cert. One of the best out there. My problem that I have with all these fancy degrees and Certifcates is these trainers don't apply it too theirselves. Almost like a Doctor telling you stop smoking for your health and he is doing it. I lose all credibilty for them. I usally am not a smart ass, but I had one approach me and start telling me how to eat correctly. I was 10% BF at the time. So, I calmly looked at him and ask him to tell me his diet, so I could do the opposite, because whatever you are doing, it isn't working.

On a side note, sooner or later you will have to drop that weight, because it will effect you down the road. Just my .02

i feel you pain, i have had to join a YMCA in my area since the hardcore gym days are done around here. I am constantly told that i don't need to lift that heavy to get in shape, or i should focus on feeling the weight more, or i should go for peak contraction. =-) Its like reading a weider traning article.

I had to do the fitness consultation also and it was funny. They made me describe my lifting routine and i either do dc 2day split or the Big A 3 day workout. I was told that the DC workout was all wrong. I should really try to devote one day to each bodypart if i wanted to get huge. =-) i just smiled and said thank you.

And by no means am i the biggest guy around. i am 5'8" and like 240ish at 12% bodyfat but like you said, by no means am i the smallest guy in the gym. It is always entertaining.

Damn thats pretty big. everyone here is huge. I feel like a punk ass and I been trying for years

Fitness... A new look

due to circumstances beyond my control ive had to join a new gym......im used to a more hard core type gym and this is really not but its all ive got.....well.....one of the requirements for this gym is to have a consultation.....first of all let me state i in no way put down another person for there goals or ther physique......BUT - I KNEW WHEN I SEEN MY CONSULTANT.....THIS ISNT GOING TO BE GOOD......first let me tell you alittle about myself.....my stats today were 5-9.....284lbs....18%bf(i know to much bf.....i was told).....ok back to the so called trainer/consultant....he walks out to meet me.....he may weigh 125(wet) wearing workout gloves and a belt to support his back.....the catch is he wasnt working out that was just what he wears......he informs me he has a degree in physical education and also 3 certificates in personal traning......i only remember one of the certificates and it was a NASM certified trainer.......if that means anything......to make along story short he informed nearly everything i did was wrong......i am however according to him taking my protein at the right time.....thats about it.....by the time this fiasco was over i was about ready to turn this kid over my knee.....i have been in a gym since i was 18 years old....im now 41....i by no means have the best body on the planet but im by far from having the worst......i believe i am a person that tries to remain teachable.....but what gives this kid the right to judge me when he has no actual experience.....just knowledge and theories......in my opinion its not har to look at me and tell i try to take my gym time serious...im ok with my bf% at this......im still trying to get a liitle bigger.....im not ready to try to cut down......i like being a big boy....i just dont see how someone can think knowledge trumps experience.......thanks for reading......am i wrong?

Perhaps I may be repeating what someone already said but the image of "fitness" is without a doubt changing. Large chain gyms (LA Fitness, Ballys, 24hour Fitness, Planet Fitness, etc) are hiring these trainers to help them sell training contracts to their members. The qualifications of the trainers are primarily dictated by the gyms themselves. Although NASM, NSCA, and ACSM are the only accredited certifications available. This big, fancy, pretty gyms have been quite devastating to experienced and qualified trainers because these big gyms wont allow independant trainers to conduct business within thier facility under no conditions. So the experienced trainers have to go to wherever they can to still make a living with thier passion. Usually most simply change careers, or simply do personal training on a very limited basis. Unfortunately those hardcore gyms have mostly disappeared. I trained at a Gold's back in the day where Goldberg (just Bill back then)and The Rock(only Dewayne then) were regulars. I miss the old Gold's, Powerhouse, and World Gyms. :(

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131