advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

a friend of mine is doing his first show...

flexmaster

Featured Member/Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
and he needs some help with color. he's got a pretty good base tan right now from the beds but he would like to hear what some of you do. i showed him some things by futurefreak and bulldog21, if one of you wants to go into greater detail he/i would REALLY appreciate it!!! thanks fellas

Sure no Problem Alright here is what I do:

1) Obviously remove all hair
2) Take a shower and exfoliate your skin with a really rough loofa
3) do not apply moisturizer or apply ANYTHING to the skin so when you start applying Protan your skin will be so dry that it will soak the Protan up like a sponge.
4) I apply 3-4 coats of Protan Friday night. I would recommend that many layers of coats as well
5) Saturday morning another 1-2 coats of protan and then backstage before prejudging apply one thin, I repeat THIN coat of Dreamtan #2. I recommend you purchase some surgical gloves for the person applying the dream tan on you. dab a little on your finger and apply in a spot and then spread evenly and very thin on your skin.

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions...

jan tana

For my last show I used Jan Tana's new tanning system. It worked great and I only needed two coats. It will save you a ton of time.

J

Sure no Problem Alright here is what I do:

1) Obviously remove all hair
2) Take a shower and exfoliate your skin with a really rough loofa
3) do not apply moisturizer or apply ANYTHING to the skin so when you start applying Protan your skin will be so dry that it will soak the Protan up like a sponge.
4) I apply 3-4 coats of Protan Friday night. I would recommend that many layers of coats as well
5) Saturday morning another 1-2 coats of protan and then backstage before prejudging apply one thin, I repeat THIN coat of Dreamtan #2. I recommend you purchase some surgical gloves for the person applying the dream tan on you. dab a little on your finger and apply in a spot and then spread evenly and very thin on your skin.

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions...

thanks bulldog, about how long does it take to apply one coat? should he wait about 15 minutes for it all to dry before applying the next coat?
should he use any pam?

thanks bulldog, about how long does it take to apply one coat? should he wait about 15 minutes for it all to dry before applying the next coat?
should he use any pam?

Yeah We (strongmind) and I just focus on one bodypart at a time and then by the time we get back to that bodypart it is pretty dry and you should be able to put on another coat easily.

Yes he can use pam but again sparingly, I spray a light coat on and then take a towel and dab it off for a matted shine. do not rub but dab off. You have to make sure to dab off or he will look like and oil slick on stage.....

use the pro tan,

start on wensday night do 1 coat sleep with it on wake up and rinse off in the shower no soap. thu morn after shower 1 more coat thu night 1 coat sleep with it on and fri morn wake up and rinse no soap. after shower 1 more coat and fri night 1 more coat. wake up sat morn and rinse off and if you still need to be darker apply one more coat.... this will leave your skin plenty of time to soak up the tan... plus there is nothing that feel better than waking up sat morn of the show and taking a nice shower!

the more you put on and the longer you let it soak in the better you will look....

For my last show I used Jan Tana's new tanning system. It worked great and I only needed two coats. It will save you a ton of time.

J

I used that also for my last show and was VERY happy with it.

I used that also for my last show and was VERY happy with it.

Is that where they spray you, if so I did that for my last show as well and loved it. :)

protan here too.

6-8 coats.

i dont shower like some do. i found it really didnt help me much at all rinsing between coats, i actually found it detrimental, but thats just me.

be careful when using pam, like bulldog said dont over do it and make sure it's not spoltchy. also so be sure are allowed to use it- some shows are very strict about its use., so you might not want to put it on in the pump up room- nothing stopping you from going to the bathroom and doing it though;).

am interested in the new jan tana system you guys are talking about - i'll do a little search and maybe use it for my color in 4 weeks, if you guys liked it that much. protan application is so time consuming...

BFU

with a descent tan i would do three coats of protan. One thursday night, sleep with it on. Friday morning rinse in the shower(no soap) and then apply another coat. then friday night one more coat. Wake up saturday morning and touch up on the tan. Some people do more layers, however if you put three good coats of pro tan on then you should be fine. But if you feel you are not dark enough then simply apply another coat.

So, shaving over the protan after showering will not affect the protan?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear