YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A "glove" that works better than steroids?!

VNV

Registered
"His routine included 100 pull-ups. One day, Grahn and Heller started using an early version of the Glove to cool him for 3 minutes between rounds of pull-ups. They saw that with the cooling, his 11th round of pull-ups was as strong as his first. Within six weeks of training with the cooling breaks, Cao did 180 pull-ups a session. Six weeks later, he went from 180 to 616."

"Heller, 65, on the other hand, is upbeat, organized and exceedingly fit. He dipped into the lab's candy jar - using the Glove to work up to 1,000 pushups on his 60th birthday."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/09/22/BAQU12UC28.DTL&type=tech

WELL

THERE WAS A STUDY AT STANFORD WHERE A "COOLING" GLOVE WAS WORN AND THE BODY COULD KEEP GOING AND GOING............THE THEORY IS THAT OVERHEATING SHUTS DOWN MUSCULAR CONTRACTIONS........I ALWAYS TRY TO STAY COOL WHEN WORKING OUT.

i remember about 4yr ago there was an article of this nature in MD.
the theory is very spot on, effectively cooling the blood then sending it back through the system would seem very beneficial.

ALSO

Phil, im curious abo0ut staying cool? isnt there more of a chance of injury stressing a cold muscle? or am i missing the point?

I CANT SEE THE COMPARISON TO STEROIDS...........JUST BECAUSE YOU DO MORE REPS AND WORK LONGER/STRONGER AND HARDER DOES NOT ENSURE PROTEIN TURNOVER. TO ANSWER THE INJURY ASPECT, YOUR MUSCLES ARE WARM, YOUR "CORE" IS COOLED........IT MUST AID IN ATP CONVERSION SOMEHOW......WELL IT HAS TO

............PATIENTLY WAITING FOR THE "CONDOM" VERSION TO COME OUT:D

WTF? That is pretty neat! Id like to try that!!! I cant imagine doing that many Friggin pullups in one session!!!

THERE WAS A STUDY AT STANFORD WHERE A "COOLING" GLOVE WAS WORN AND THE BODY COULD KEEP GOING AND GOING............THE THEORY IS THAT OVERHEATING SHUTS DOWN MUSCULAR CONTRACTIONS........I ALWAYS TRY TO STAY COOL WHEN WORKING OUT.

what about the thread where Emeric says you should drink warm water when working out? Didnt you say that was correct?

Ever seen Universal Soldier with Dolph Lundgren ? Hahahahaha

what about the thread where Emeric says you should drink warm water when working out? Didnt you say that was correct?
http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2320666.htm

Put glycerol and crushed ice in a slurpee too keep cool.

David Martin: 37, 38 degrees Celsius is comfortable. When the core temperature gets up over 40 degrees it is very very strong feedback to the brain to tell the body to shut down. We are too hot.

Narration: In this heat Mick could sweat well over an astonishing three litres per hour……So how does he stay cool and hydrated? Enter the Australian Institute of Sport’s secret potion…

Jonica: It looks like a slurpee.

Professor Louise Burke: It is a concentrated way to eat ice/ it’s going to act as a heat sink and make your body much cooler.

Narration: But this isn’t just any slurpee it’s a super slurpee!
And chief dietitian Professor Louise Burke has been cooking up this cool formula for a number of years. The internal cooling drops Mick’s initial core temperature to 36 degrees giving him a one degree head start … but there’s also a hyperhydration agent.

Professor Louise Burke: This is glycerol and what it’s going to do is act as a sponge for water so rather than weeing out all that sports drink, as you’d normally do if you over drink, he’s been able to keep it in his body.

Jonica: Is this going to give him the winning edge?

Professor Louise Burke: Don’t we hope.

Jonica: Cheers!

What about just sticking your hand in ice cold water ... wouldn't that work just as good as this glove? I do like the idea though. Back in highschool when we wrestled, one of the kids figured out running ice cold water from the fountain over his wrists after running helped him cool down real fast and we all eventually were doing it. I bet it's the same concept

"The Glove" was also Ice-T's DJ alias in the movie Breakin' I wonder is this has anything to do with this thread?

I`ve read about this cooling effect numerous times...i`m not convinced it would increase hypertrophy.

The longest I ever ran was in really cold weather and all I had on was a tank top and running shorts. I seemed to have endless energy at the time.

Looks like there was something there that I never caught on to.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131