over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A great american icon passes. Ronald Reagan 1911-2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWN2004

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Im not gonna turn this into a political thread...so sorry if some people think this is out of line....but I was bummed to see that Reagan passed away. I am just old enough to remember the last part of his final term in office. He was a great leader and promoted a terrific sense of American loyalty durning some hard economic times....not to mention the guy took a bullet too! Rest in peace.

YEP, I LIKED HIM TOO.

REAGAN WASN'T AS CONCERNED WITH POLITICAL CORRECTNESS AS THESE BOZOS ARE TODAY. HE ACTUALLY MADE A STAND ON ISSUES. NO ONE WAS SCREWING AROUND WITH US WHEN RONALD REAGAN WAS PRESIDENT. THEY KNEW BETTER.

Reagan

was the worst president of the 20th century. He did absolutely nothing for the conservative movement as he increased the national debt by 4 times. His Alzheimers was already taking its toll and he often slept through meetings with his cabinet and congressional leaders. He went to meetings armed with note cards to stay on track as he had no intellectual capacity at all. He sent Marines to die in Lebanon and then ran as soon as they died. This incursion emboldened the Arab extremists who saw the US was weak when they were attacked. He dealt secretly with the Iranian terrorists and sold them missiles so he could secretly fund terrorists in Central America. He armed the terrorist in Afghanistan and then withdrew American influence and allowed the Pakistanis to install the Taliban in power.

People who have rosy memories of Reagan bought into his personna but he was a terribly failed person whose children did not care for him at all. The only one who was fond of him was adopted son, Michael, who makes a living on the radio based on that relationship.

I voted for him in 1980 but immediately realized he was not a conservative when he allowed the budget deficits to soar and spent the taxpayer's money like water. I did not vote for him in 1984 because it was obvious he was mentally challenged. The man was very much opposed to AIDS research as he thought gays "had it coming". He was quit bigoted in many ways because his mind was unable to grasp any sophisticated reason. This may be the reason he is revered by many, because the American people are easily swayed by leaders who promise a lot and then lie with a smile, ala Richard Nixon, the runner up for worst president in the 20th century. Both of these liars presaged the Bush administraion and which is bent on outdoing the previous Republican administrations in lying about nearly everything.

The first Republican President , Abraham Lincoln, said it best, "You can fool some of the people all the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time". It seems his successors have raised the bar. Lets not forget that icon of Republican conservatism, Newt Gingrich, who, while having an affair in his own office, was daily blasting Bill Clinton for the same. He was a Reagan conservative that lived the "Do what I say and not what I do credo".

Last edited:
prot

Dont post much....but Prot you are a true assclown. The shit with Vander and now your garbage filled remarks on Reagan? That was a time where shit was different than now politically--not all great moves he made but he gave freedom to millions that had none, took a stand and didnt worry about offending. A lot of regular citizens have fucked up kids too...WTF does that have to do with his leadership. All your info makes me wonder if you were actually a key part of his cabinet...you know all the dealings and what happened behind closed doors.....and why those things were done and his advisors agreed to them.......Yeah Clinton was great-----years of intel and military neglect...rode wave of internet boom........lied under oath which would have gotten any of us incarcerated...pardoned a shit load of scumbags prior to leaving...great guy ...

I didnt say Reagan's kids were fucked up

I said they didn't care for him. And I don't resort to name calling , which seems to be the standard response on this board. It was reported widely by Republican and Democrats who attended meetings with Reagan that he fell asleep and was unaware of how to respond except by reading from note cards. I didn't have to be there because it was in the newspapers and quoted Republicans such as Senator Mark Hatfield and others.

I thought the man was a disaster and I stated my opinion as to why. I called no one names but that seems to be tolerated on this board by mods who play favorites.

There were many investigations during Reagan years and the public wass informed of the results. The Iran-Contra affair was widely publicised and a fellow named Oliver North was convicted of lying to Congress about it. The debacle in Lebanon was not a secret as 241 marines were killed in a suicide attack on their barracks. The Reagan response was no secret as he withdrew the troops and lobbed some heavy artillery from offshore and killed a bunch of civilians in retaliation. If vyou were alive then and capable of reading a newspaper then you could read the failings of Reagan's tenure daily.

My daddy said that if you don't have anything positive to say, keep your mouth shut. Apparently prot cares less what flows from his mouth.

I certainly hope you don't get all your information from the media - they certainly know how how to truthfully present issues :mad:

I don't consider an assclown as name-calling, just an affectionate way of calling someeone silly. I have a bad case of sleep apnea and not only fell asleep in meetings but could fall asleep standing up! Does that mean I am incoherent as to what is going on - no. I also keep notes when I go to meetings or need to speak on topics - so I don't forget important points (must mean I've been getting senile - ever since I was ~32 YO).

It's funny how you idolize Vic Richards who never had balls enough to step on a bodybuilding stage and say such derogatory things about a good president. You accused Vander about not presenting facts and if the only facts are what was in newspapers and TV (both ULTIMATE forms of liberalism) than I'm not impressed.

xcel

facts are facts

Where do you get your information from if not the media. I believe it was Ralph Reed, the Christian right winger who called Reagan a "disaster for the conservative movement".

History is the judge of presidents. As George Bush recently said, Who cares about history? We'll all be dead anyway".

Reagan was not attentive and did not have sleep apnea..he was senile. He died of Alzheimers disease. Thats a fact. Did the media make it up? The media made none of it up..they just reported it.. What your daddy said is liberal prpaganda. These is black and white, good and evil. The truth will show Reagan was a poor president.

Why don't you make a sticky that only "good things " can be said on this board. You make no sense.

Re: facts are facts

prot said:
Why don't you make a sticky that only "good things " can be said on this board. You make no sense.
I'll bet people just love to be around you.

I chose to see the rose, not the thorns. I'm sorry that your glass is half empty and mine's half full. Negativity breeds contempt, that's why I avoid it. It's like people can get all involved when something's negative - kinda like a group of crabs. You throw one crab in an open-top basket and he'll take the initiative to crawl out. Put two or more crabs in the same basket and when one tries to crawl out, the others will pull it back in.

Yes, I chose to be one of the 5% that don't go with the crowd, which is like most of the people that post here. Do you notice how much company you have when you come one here whining (or how many other similar posts there are here)?!? :confused:

xcel

Actually, I believe my comments

about Vic Richards and Phil Hernon were all positive. Because they deserve it. It was your buddy Vander who was libeling Vic Richards with some bs he made up about Vic's health. That was negative. I said positive things about Vic as I believe hes probaly the greatest "bodybuilder" yet. Does he have to compete to be that? I don't think so but others do. Gee it wasn't negative of you to say he had no "balls" because he never stepped on a stage. Truth is hes stepped on many to guest pose..his not competing is his business. It doesn't detract from what he has accomplished with his body. But hes has no balls? Thats pretty inconsistent with your "say no evil" philosophy.

Re: Actually, I believe my comments

prot said:
Gee it wasn't negative of you to say he had no "balls" because he never stepped on a stage.

But hes has no balls? Thats pretty inconsistent with your "say no evil" philosophy.
I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you. In the neighborhood where I grew up, saying someone doesn't have any balls was a "normal" phrase, not derogatory. Since you're intent on nitpicking my responses I chose not to play your game.

And I feel that I owe the Reagan family an apology for the comments you made in this thread. Notice how everyone wanted to say something "positive" about one of "OUR" recentlly deceased presidents (since you're apparently from Canada - at least that's what you posted - don't make me post that link) until your comments were made.

xcel

Last edited:
from Canada?

You are not reading mu posts too well since I said I voted for Reagan in 1980. I also said in another thread that I voted for Bob Dole in 1996 against Clinton..Do you understand you have to be an American citizen to vote?

Both of Reagan's natural children were at odds with his policies and rhetoric. Can you name them? They don't need an apology...They didn't like what he stood for, either.

As if I had any respect of you, I lost it all now.

As Vander said, you posted that where you live in Canada and you couldn't get certain supplements. I went to the specific post and saw what you said before I made that post. I go to find it (very easy to do with someone who has less than 40 posts) and it's gone, which leads me to believe that you deleted it.

I'm not sure what your agenda is here but I think I'm gonna ignore you (until you break the rules). Why did you delete that post?!?! Don't bother answering 'cause you ain't worth my time.

xcel

Ok....if you pay very close attention to the first sentence of my original post, you will see that I did not intend to make this a political debate.....But....Prot....you decided to make it one. You know I have no idea why you are so negative. I read your post and judging by the fact that you were able to vote for him in 1980 would easily make about mid 40's in age. Perhaps you feel that you were short changed in this industry....or you had your lunch money taken one too many times as a kid, but whatever the reason you have to see why people are sticking up for one another. You come to this board and basicly shit on people and tell them that they are cocky, bad spellers, ect. Its funny that you even wonder why people dont seem to like you very much. There are people who have been here for a long time and they do not want someone with a negative vibe comming on here and getting all pissed off. Just deal with it man. I was paying my respects to someone I thought was a great leader. If someone dies I feel it is a bit inapropriate to bash him after that fact...thats just rude. But anyhow...you are entitled to your opinons and thats what makes this country and this board a great one. You may have some very valid points, but maybe you just lack some common sense thats all. If you leave me your address I will buy and send you a copy of the power of positive thinking.......untill then you are gonna just have to deal with the fact that you are gonna catch a ton of flack for calling people out on here. Later AWN2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner