over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A GREAT NEWS ARTICLE FOR ONCE!

MikeS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member
Staff member
Registered
**broken link removed**

Thanks for the UG post by JAG ([email protected]).

Therefore I have sent this letter to :

[email protected]

[email protected]

heres the letter:

To the distinguished writer Mr Nelson and the Editor of the Phoenixnewtimes, congratulations on having the insight to publish the article Roid Warrior.

We athletes are infuriated over witnessing the media hype on this subject, that is myth or just plain nonfactual. I have written many letter to congress, senators, media sports writers in vain, when trying to protest the lies and damaging information that is written about athletes who use anabolic enhancing drugs. I have written an 8pg article in the 9/01 issue of Muscular development to show the horrors of a harmless athlete (like your Bob Klap) being put through the legal ringer, just for their attempts to enhance their body or athletic performance.

The problem starts with the media-it falsely reports these stories, for the sensationalism and hype that they create for the public. And then the uneducated public assumes an article is based on fact. When actually, it is obvious to any real athlete that the writer has absolutely no knowledge on the subject of performance enhancing drugs. Then in the resulting public uproar, an equally uneducated politician will step to the forefront and declare war on the drugs and the athletes who use them, in an attempt for public attention, votes, endorsement, and contributions. I can site former President Bush who passed the Anabolic Steroids Control Act of 1990, making steroids a schedule III crime, equal to cocaine and amphetamines. And now

Senator Dorgan (D-NDakota) has taken the torch and is yelling from his soapbox, about a subject he has no informed knowledge of.

Why cant athletes use these substances? The facts your fine article provided-there is little or no evidence of any great harm caused by these drugs. They can not cause overdose, addiction or intoxication. The great harm is only the possibility of being caught and arrested, and the resulting fiasco that will follow the unfortunate athlete. You must perform honest hard work in your training and diet

for steroids to work. Unlike other methods, all legal, of physical enhancement such as liposuction, various implants, facial plastic surgery, which are far more risky and dangerous than steroids. Or you could use hormones for birth control or gender change. But hard working athletes cannot legally use steroids. Legal cigarettes and alcohol kill millions, while steroids have never killed anyone.

Its a travesty, in an era of technology and science-that these laws are guided by such ignorance, misinformation, and a 'Refer-madness' mentality.

Praise you for having the notion to display the side of this issue that too few hear. Id like to hope its the beginning of a new, enlightened awareness of performance enhancing drugs such as Anabolic Steroids. The striving athlete certainly needs this position seen and heard-to rid us from the legal shackles from which we are wrongly bound. Thank you again, Robert Nelson, Bob Klap and the Phoenixnewtimes!

Reply is desired and welcomed.

Sincerely,

Mike S

Cant hurt to have some backup to go along with my letter-can you folks show your support? Send your letter!

:D

Last edited:
Yea - give 'em hell!

xcel

*totally forgot about 'Reffer Madness'....classic*

About time!

But, these type of articles, just like the medical studies, will most likely get swept under the rug so the people against them (AAS) can still save face. I'm sure they are still going to act as ignorant and self-righteous as they always have. They just need something to scream about and they don't want to be wrong. In their eyes, they never are wrong.
I hope some of the right people and higher ups see this and come to terms with it. They aren't the devils tools you know! lol.

Very good article. It would be nice to see more good journalists instead of the ones today just writing stories to gain fame for themselves. Writers today, especially sportswriters want to be bigger than the game itself. They think they should be the great ones, not the athletes. I'm so sick of writers just trying to glorify themselves. Okay I'm through ranting now.

The purpose of the letter I wrote is to further encourage this
type of article, in hope the writers/editors take notice of its approval; and continue and/or spread these views again and again. You could be negative, say it wont matter, and do nothing.
WRONG. Or- you can try this or any positive idea-it can only help.

WELL, I AGREE WITH MIKES. AFTER ALL THE PISSING AND MOANING WE DO ABOUT THE NEGATIVE PUBLICITY STEROIDS RECEIVE, WE NEED TO SHOW APPRECIATION FOR A WEEL THOUGHTOUT , INSIGHTFUL ARTICLE. WE NEED TO GIVE CREDIT WERE CREDIT IS DUE. IT WILL NOT HURT ANY OF US TO WRITE A ARTICULATE, THOUGHTFUL RESPONSE TO THE WRITER. THE WORSE THAT COULD HAPPEN IS IT MAY INITIATE ANOTHER ARTICLE ALONG THE SAME VEIN. I FOR ONE , WILL FGOLLOW MIKES LEAD AND THANK HIM FOR A WELL WRITTEN STORY. REMEMBER, IF YOU DECIDE TO WRITE IN AND RESPOND TO NOT BE EMOTIONAL AND RANT. SHOW HIM AND OTHERS THAT WE TOO CAN BE ARTICULATE AND INTELLIGENT. NOT MEATHEADS AS THE MEDIA TRYS TO SHOW.

good article...

and a nice letter to boot! :D

Well done MikeS(chlanger)!

DrG

PS: Is that your real last name?

Ok guys...

I am going to follow your lead here and send a letter to the writer of that article. I believe it CAN make a difference at least along the lines of getting more positive articles out.
This is a STEEP hill to climb with the "war" on steroids, but it can be conquered with diligence!

i have just sent an email thanking mr nelson for his article.i just hope that people wake up and figure out that they have been lied to by the media about steroids before more of us end up in jail for something that we love to do.our government needs to stop getting into peoples business and let us live our lives they way we want to.not how they feel we should.hell, these same politicians are drug addicts themselves so who are they to judge.ok im starting to rant and rave now so i will stop:)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws