over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A Healthier Anabolic Diet

FK86

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I’m currently in my cruise from training and natural. During this time, I always drastically reduce my carbs since I’m not training. I’m interested in trying the Anabolic Diet to recomp and then gain mass. The high carb approach just doesn’t seem to work for me.

I know NY Muscle, Iabadman, kingpeon, and ojs have all used it with success. I was wondering if anyone can chime in regarding doing it in a healthier way. That book is about 20 years old now and while I’m not one to shy away from red meat and cheese, I’m wondering if long term it’s good to be on as a lifestyle.

I was thinking of doing it with fat sources being fat from meat, egg yolks, EVOO, walnut oil, coconut oil, butter, peanut butter, almond butter, cashews, and avocados. During the refeed I’m aiming only for one day and would definitely like to include servings of fruit for nutrients and antioxidants that are absent during the week.

DiPasquale mentions in the book getting someone up to 260 lbs (not my goal) with this way of eating. With his ratios that person was probably eating 350+ grams of fat per day. That just seems insane to me and would seriously mess up cholesterol.

So do any of our high protein/high fat members have any advice or experience they could share?

Thank you.

If you want to be healthy on the Anabolic Diet opt for grassfed/finished beef, wild caught fish, free range poultry, eggs and pork. Don't char the steaks and burgers if you're grilling.

Take plenty of high quality fish/krill oil, some GLA and monounsaturated fats. Drop the coconut oil even if it's loaded with saturated fat, it still has too much MCT. Use grassfed beef lard instead.

It's a misconception that eating this way is unhealthy. What's bad for your health is all the shit that's in commercially raised meat, eggs and dairy.

On the weekends, the first 4-6 hours or two large meals should be all high fructose fruits like dates, raisins, fruit juice, etc. This will load your liver up with glycogen.

Once the fructose has done it's job you can choose to cut it from the weekend carb load or keep it in. Just don't focus on fruits any longer as they're largely a waste of time.

The rest of the carb load should be dedicated to replenishing muscle glycogen.

Also, I've had good results by limiting protein intake on Sat and Sun and just hammering away on the carbs and fats. I get so much protein during the week that I can just cruise through the weekend on little more than the amino tabs I take around training.

I used to love this diet but the muscle flatness and cholesterol-issues made me steer clear of it.

I'd like to see some cholesterol-results even on a healthier version of this diet.

The mid-week carb spike takes care of any "muscle flatness" and you shouldn't need to be concerned about high cholesterol if your HDL and LDL ratio are in a good range.

IF you're messing up your cholesterol profile with gear that's a whole other issue. The AD was designed for the non-user with no pre-existing health issues.

Last edited:
Kingpeon,

What were your results eating this way? Mauro talks about eating quite a bit of calories for the start-up and mass phases. Is he assuming the reader is already 10% body fat and that this diet maintains this composition? Or can one find themselves recomping from a 15% composition and becoming 10% despite being in a caloric surplus?

Also, how were your strength gains/maintenance?

Kingpeon,

What were your results eating this way? Mauro talks about eating quite a bit of calories for the start-up and mass phases. Is he assuming the reader is already 10% body fat and that this diet maintains this composition? Or can one find themselves recomping from a 15% composition and becoming 10% despite being in a caloric surplus?

Also, how were your strength gains/maintenance?

Don't worry about calories in the beginning. Just watch the carbs. Eat when you get hungry and eat as much as you can. It may be twice a day, it may be 6 times a day. Depends on your training.

After a few months when you're deep in the pocket, you can begin dropping calories and get cut up.

I started with about 10% bodyfat many years ago and have easily maintained that percentage, judging by the mirror.

My strength has been very good and is constantly progressing, even when I'm in a caloric deficit. It's awesome. The best way to eat if you're natural IMO

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member