over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A LITTLE STORY FOR YA 2

also why dont u get this guy to post on this board sometimes

XCEL

maybe this is something IA should take a look at heh heh..

Good Story

"strange that you had the same reasonings. he first said " you talked to phil hernon !!!!????" what happened to that guy"??? after explaining phils life story and his new addiction to penis pumps he said "isnt that wild.. we do have similar training styles"

ROFL, good story too

WELL, TO ANSWER THE QUESTION ABOUT REST TIMES, he would rest two minutes between sets for chest. he also did not rest much more than that between bodyparts since he believed that he was warmed up and did not wish to lose that. he did not believe in many warmups after the workout began. on a set or two for a different bodypart he might do a "groove set" to get his balance down. but it was light and for no more than about 5 reps. as for why he does not come to the board, i wish i knew. i just talked to him two weeks ago and he still had not made it to the board..

"look idiot, it is based on science pure and simple."

That is some scientific argument! That was mean of him to say, I would have just started to weep and ran away.

LATS, thanks for taking the time to post that whole thing.

Ok I understand the day 1 and then Day 2. Day 3 would be the same as Day 1 but different order of exercises. Then Day 4 would be the same body parts as Day 2.

Then what? Day of rest or just keep going or something else?

From the way I read it, he'd keep going until he felt he needed a day or two. I like DC theory of 2 on 1 off snd the rest of his idea.

wow very informative thanks for the info. Iam still a bit of a newby to this whole bb thing. Thanks for the extra infoon traiinig ill defintly give it a shot

I would like to know if everything is trained i guess 3 times a week? and do the weights change with each time you rotate them

rugal said:
I would like to know if everything is trained i guess 3 times a week? and do the weights change with each time you rotate them

As far as the change of weight question it is in the post. I don't want to misquote or misinterpret it so better if you take a look.

well i guess each muscle group gets trained 3 times. each week if the body is split in 2 sections mon-Sat.

The wieghts could change

from workout to workout depending on alot of factors. I have noticed being a little weaker if the day before I did not get as much water intake as I normally do. I know it sounds weird but in the years of training I ahve noticed this. And of course the first day after my rest day is usually an awsome workout and towards the end of the week I might be a tad weaker. I love this style of training and am not going back. Did biceps this morning with 3 all out sets, after warming them up good. It felt like I had done 20 sets after just those 3 sets. If you train hard enough and have mental focus on that set you can train to complete failure and just do that set for that 1 exercise.

I TRAIN EOD AND WILL NEVER GO BACK TO MORE DAYS OR LONGER WORKOUTS. LAST NIGHT I DID CHEST, BACK, SHOULDERS, TRICEP, AND CALVES IN 50 MINUTES. ONE ALL OUT SET UTILIZING REST PAUSES. THE NEXT DAY IS OFF THEN THE THIRD DAY I HIT QUADS, HAMS, BI'S, TRAPS, AND ABS. AGAIN, IT USUALLY TAKES NO MORE THAN 50 MINUTES. I THEN TAKE TWO DAYS OFF AND START OVER. ALWAYS FRESH AND ALWAYS READY FOR THE PAIN..NOT DREADING IT.

here is how im employ it now and it works well for guys who need to de prioritize their legs

Monday + Friday: Chest, Delts, Back, Arms: Sounds like a lot but its only 3-4 sets per bodypart

Wednesday: Legs, Lower back
Calves are worked either mon,wed,fri or mon/fri

on the issue of changing weights, here is what i recomend its ok to go from doin sets of 6 to a higher rep set of like 15 as long as when u come back to the set of 6 in a future workout u r stronger.

Here is what I prefer: Using the Dogcrapp/Westside/ POF idea of rotating exercises using chest as an example would be:
Mon: Incline Press: 6-8, maybe do some rest pause
Incline Flyes: 8-12
Pec-Deck: 12-15
Flat Dumbell Stretch: 60 sec.

Fri: Incline Hammer Press: 8-12. plus some rest pause
Flat flyes: 12-15
Crossovers from low pulley: 6-8
Flat DB stretch:60 sec.

Monday: Incline DB Press: 12-15, plus rest pause
DB Pullovers (chest version not for lats): 6-8
Some exercise for chest contraction: 8-12
Flat DB Stretch: 60 sec.

Its very important to be getting continually stronger in all ur lifts and to be improving from workout to workout but I only go by the first exercise of the day: Let's say My previous best Incline was 315 for 6, and I just got 8 then my previous record of flyes was only tied i still consider it an improvement as a greater overload on the muscle has taken place

Lats I assume you are using DC's training routine?

Lats the routine your buddy is doing just makes a whole lot of sense to me. I mean whu wait and train each muscle just once a week

WE WERE ACTUALLY DOING THIS BEFORE I HAD HEARD OF THE DC ROUTINES. that being said, after talking with dc a few times and reading some of his material i did make some alterrations in favor of some of the methods he employed. the thing that was constantly beat into me by the firend of mine who has his phd in exercise phys is just what we are talking about. growth is not hard to stimulate. damage to tissue and cells is easy to do. that only requires a adaptive stimulus. one set can do this very effectively. the key is to be able to get a growth stimulus in a muscle as often as possible. that can not be done on high volume workouts. too much overload and stress on the central nervous system. phil also does a similar routine of very low volume and more frequent workouts. i do find that i need a day off after ever session. some do not but, if rest pause sets are employed i feel that the day off is needed. the bud of mine i was refering too can site many studies were growth (cellular damage) was inflicted and repair was quick. usually in 96 hours. but, again volume must be very low to hit that bodypart again in that short period of time. also, switching exercises is importan to avoid excessive wear and tear by going through the same plane of motion. if rest pause is used, the need for multi angular sets is not really needed due to the fact that all the pec fibers will be recruited regarless. now, that being said, after 6 or so weeks on this routine i will switch to a routine similar to magoos. i will just go to failure on two exercises, one set a piece. it gives me a mental break as well as a physical. i can tell ya this. after looking over the studies my friend provided me, dc was right on the money. i used to think i and a few of my friends were the only ones doing it. but, dc really took the time to study this and came up with something very similar.... over at anabolicextreme.com dc takes alot of time explaining his theories. interesting read. so to sum up, keep very low volume (for some that may be three sets a bodypart and others it might be one ) so that you can hit it again in about 4 days and be fully recovered.

I read about DC's routines. but i like your buddys approach better. the reason being is that he doesnt employ intensity tecniques such as rest pause . whenever i tried these techniques in the past burnout came quick

oh yeah and didnt want to forget to say thanks lats for answering questions. i know your a busy guy imm sure you have a ton of questions to answer everyday. appreciate the quick response

this was another question i had. i notice that DC and even your buddy in the article used a few machines. i train at home and have a power rack , olympic weights and a dip bar. would this mean doing less than 3 sets a Bodypart if your going by your friends routine. because free wieght exercises are more traumatic to the body than machines-

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131