over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A LITTLE STORY FOR YA!!

LATS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
Staff member
Registered
i have not been able to post much lately because of a lot of crap going on. good stuff but, crap noontheless. but i will share this story that you might find interesting. i am friends with a pro that resides overseas. most would not know him since he is not regular in the ifbb circuit. but, is well know in another federation. we talk on the phone about once a month and e mail regular. anyway, i invited him to stay with my wife and i over the forth of july holidays since our family has a very big bash every year. so he came a few days early and we just hung out.
anyway i thought i would share with ya some of his ideas and opinions about training and gear use. we trained three times when he was here. he only trains every other day. nine days between bodyparts. since i own the gym we would go in after hours so not to be bothered. he follows a very modified version of dorian's program. very similar to mine so it was easy to make the transition. ill give ya his chest program. we started with incline smith bench. he warmed up with 135 pounds and did a very slow 10 reps. 225 for a very slow 6 reps. 315 for a very slow 6 reps. warmups were over. 365 was put on the bar and he did a set with perfect form nice and slow and both the negative and the positive. i dont remeber the number of reps but would guess 5 to 7 reps. but the reps were most impressive. he went to failure then i assisted with one more. i went (dont ask lol) then he immediately after i was done was preparing to go. he reduced the weight to 315 and starting moving it slowly. again he went to failure and i assisited in one more rep.
next we went to the hammer iso wide chest press. 4 plates a side and a 25 are for the first set. no warmup. he pressed and managed about 6 reps and failed. i went (dont ask) then he immeditely stripped the weight down minus the 25's. he went but only managede 4 reps this time before failure.
next exercise was wide grip dips weighted. he strapped a 65 pound dumbell to his waist and sunk all the way down he then would only come 3/4 the way up. he managed quit a few reps then failed. we only did one set. next up was triceps.
only two exercises for a total of 3 sets. first was lying dumbell ext. 2 sets very heavy for 5 - 7 reps. over head db ext one set to failure. workout over total 40 minutes.
his theory on gear usuage was a little dfferent. he likes to use mostly androgens. he feels the cost of anabolics is too steep even were he lives (which is cheap). he likes test and fina. he makes his own fina from tren powder which he says is easy to come by in his neck of the woods. when i was with him he was using 1750 mgs of sust a week and 300 fina a week, plus 300 deca (mainly for his joints). dbol was only done on workout days evenly spread throught the day. no anti e's because he says that regardless of how high he boosts his test or other androgens he never has suffered from gyno. he also took insulin after every workout and before breakfast on the days he did not workout. i forget what amount but will find out. he did like gh but, only when he can afford it. he does take proscar. he takes t3 at 8 week intervals. i believe he said 100 mcg.
his big theory that he could not stress enough is eating. he told me a thousand times to just do enough to stimulate growth then eat to help repair. as a matter of fact after every workout he would say "time to grow" then eat like there is no tomorrow. the battle of the "knife and fork" is where it is won. he bitched at me the whole time to increase my protein intake. when i saw how much he took in, i was amazed that he did not shit his pants every twenty minutes.lol
he slept 8 hours a night and i would take him home in the afternoons so that he could get a hour nap. my wife said the snoring was aweful.lol i could not hear it over my own snoring. before i forget, when we arrived at the gym the first time he weighed in at 281 pounds. he is my height of about 5'9. his bodyfat is not bad at ll as you could still make out some ab diffinition.
when off gear (he is on 8-9 months out of the year in some form) he cuts his training sets in half and only gets in the gym three times a week. he thinks cortisol levels are too high to do more and he gives his body a rest. he lowers is carbs slightly and ups his protein even more.
of course, i can not give you his name. many would not know him anyway unless you really know the euro scene. he is a great friend and he does not have any illusions of being the next dorian. he is awesome to see anyways. i only write this to show what he does. not near as much as many would believe. but his training is meticulous and so is his eating habits. he is all about recuperation a eating. train just enough to get the growth stimulous then get out of the gym. take the next day off to let the nervous system recover. pretty simple really.
he did stress rotating gear every two months. he usually gets the test the same but, rotates out fina for another every two months and will add in primo to give himself a break from the dbol ect. he did say he loved winny but, the cost was too much for him. see ya..

Lats

Now that sounds like a very good story. Much more to believe than that crap you read about in the mags (rags is more like it).
As I get older, I have noticed that my recovery is not near what it used to be, and that the eating is where it's at! A longer cycle of moderate doses seems to work well for me too rotating everything but the test every few months.
Train, cycle, and eat smart. I have no time for injuries! lol.
Glad this bro is as cool as you say. Hope he makes his goals.

great story bro nice to read looks like the old high volume trend has shifted

Can you ask him sometimes what protectors/anti-oestrogeen he is taking with that amount of gear?

I'm talking about liverprotectors/proscar/arimidex,... and how much he use it and how?

I'm confused how much protectors that a man must take, with that amount of gear.

Ps: Good story.

when you say his eating is meticulous do you mean he always is eating or do you mean he eats clean all the time pretty much????

no... he does not eat clean all the time but, always makes sure that the protein is taken in every 2 1/2 hours. he is not above eating a pizza...trust me. he almost broke me while he was here.

Thanks for sharing that story with us Lats! Definitely some good thoughts/points made in there as well!

---slide---

i love " the battle of the kife and fork is where its won", also reiterates how u gotta eat to grow, and all u really need is test and tren, maybe deca if ur joints need it, that doesnt mean other roids arent useful but those two allow the most bang for ur buck

Great post bro! I like it when I get reinforcement for my signature :D

xcelbeyond

Cool Story. Love the 'battle of the knife and fork' phrase too!
I also agree 100% with the rotating gear idea-keep the test and moderate amount of deca for joints te whole cycle, and rotate everything else every 4-8wks.

BY THE WAY, the phrase "battle of the knife and fork" was not his saying. "time to grow" was. the battle of the knife and fork i believe came from phil. it was just a quote i put in there to reinforce his thinking. he diffinitely believed that big time. i figured i better give phil credit for this one after the penis pump conspiracy...lol

LATS said:
BY THE WAY, the phrase "battle of the knife and fork" was not his saying. "time to grow" was. the battle of the knife and fork i believe came from phil. it was just a quote i put in there to reinforce his thinking. he diffinitely believed that big time. i figured i better give phil credit for this one after the penis pump conspiracy...lol

Poor Phil... battles, penises, pumps, forks...

great post bro. It's nice to see that you as well as so many other bro's on this board push nutrition so hard. It feels like everyone gets so carried away anymore about how much and what kind of gear to use. that they all loss track of the TRUE building blocks of bodybuilding. Thanks bro.
good luck and be safe..

bigger...

Excellent!

Excellent story bro. Yes, it is good to see the reinforcement behind the importance of nutrition. I work in a gym about 12 hours a day and all day long people are asking me...."what should i take"......"does this stuff work".....All I preach to everyone all day long is nutrition.....nutrition....nutrition!!!!! I can't say it enough. Anyway, good post bro! Take care.

patk

Thanks Lats

That was a good read brother. Its nice to have a break from the usual stuff we all see on the board. Maybe you can do a monthly article called "story time" with Lats. LOL. Just kidding. Again thanks for reiterating its not a majic pill or potion, but hard work and nutrition and mostly consistency (which is my problem as of lately).

STORY TIME WITH LATS..... i like that lol actually i will have another story next week. i am going to get some filler photos for one of the magazines. the guy i am shooting is a state title winner who was going to do the jr nationals but, got very ill with food poisoning the three days before the show. he is a monster. he is 5'6 and in the off season he is close to 250 lbs and pretty lean. he will make an impact very soon. we are training back. he is alittle opposite of my buddy. will keep ya posted....

EXCELLENT POST LATS!!!!!!!!!

I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE IT...........I OFTEN THINK OF TRAINING EVERY OTHER DAY. [ I AM JUST STUPID AND THINK I AM NOT WANTING IT BAD ENOUGH OR SOMETHING] I ALWAYS LOOK HARDER AFTER REST DAYS. GOOD TO HEAR YOUR STORY........PLEASE WRITE MORE.

Hey LATS

Any new stories for us? These threads are among my favorite on the boards.

Thanks Lats for the info, I work out only 4 days a week and I eat good, take low dosages of AAS. I am glad some of these pros have that sound advice.

If you search for posts made by LATS, you'll find something like 4 more of these (amongst his older posts). Lots of interesting "real world" training, dieting, and supplementation stories.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear