over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A Lot Of MMA/UFC Cage Fighters At The Gym's Now

LMR

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I've trained at a lot of gym's in my day's. There is one gym I call a "home-gym" that I come back to eventually. During my competitions and boredom I like to bounce around here n there. I like to train at other gyms to get a feel for the energy and train with other friends/competitors. So I've trained at a lot of gyms in my area. During one era I remember bodybuilding was a huge hit through out the gym's. I assumed bodybuilding was the only sport that gyms could cater too. Not any more.

Now, I see MMA/UFC cage training through out the gym's. It seems to have taken over the primary training ideal for gym's in my area. At any given time I can see someone training in a method for stamina and agility for cage fighting. Last night it was late and I watched someone running around the floor gym then dropping down doing one handed push ups with one leg curled up behind the other knee opposite then running to the lats machine and pushing out multiple reps. I can notice this kind of obvious training morning, day, or night now. Being among these gyms I have no choice but to take notice much of the training has converted to a cage fighting type training and kicking out a lot of cage fighters these days.

I remember I would take a certain aware of the most built guy in the gym. Now I take notice of the most competitive and consistant training cage fighter among the gym. With mixed martial arts and agility/strength training. This new bread of athlete's are an eye opener to me.

I think we are seeing a catchy and athletic training style movement sweep across the gym arena these days.

:eek:

Kind of like bodybuilders :rolleyes:

Lol, yea. We get quite a few mma guys these days. We all got our own goals. Most of em in pretty damn good shape actually

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Lol, yea. We get quite a few mma guys these days. We all got our own goals. Most of em in pretty damn good shape actually

Yeah an they're like everyone else. Trying to do the best with what they can to meet their sport specific goals.

Here it is cross fit that seems to be taking over.
Especially with the soccer moms I've noticed.

I got this at my gym as well but i and my fellow gym members dont see them as a problem. I train at a locally owed gym so anything goes. Most of the mma type guys are pretty cool. Since they dont really do any weights the stay mostly outside to run or flip tires or punch the bag. So we're not in each others way.

The ones i have a problem with are the crossfit types, most of them think their better that anyone in the gym. From the BB to the PL to MMA to the occasional girl who just came to the gym cause her BF is there.

Last edited:
Here it is cross fit that seems to be taking over.
Especially with the soccer moms I've noticed.

Not at all a fan of crossfit, but in the case of soccer moms i make an exception.

As far as mma Dana White did an excellent job with marketing. Mma was around long before he bought into it, but its been wildfire since.

I.think there has been an increase because you see a decrease in large, muscular
Action heroes. That era has changed to lean and ripped with skinny jeans as the new hero. Mma competitors are lean and badasses.

Basically, MMA is new, its pop, and it makes people feel like a perpetual Badass.

it bc its no contest as to what puts a person into better "shape"....not just how big or round their quads are, or if they have glute striations lol...BBing makes you so UN-ATHLETIC... most people dont want to look like "jacked", so theyd rather go w sumthing that is more efficient... the thing is, that most BBers THINK they are in good shape bc they have muscles and low BF%....but that has nothing to do with being an athlete or healthier.....

i challenge any real BBer here to go make it thru an hour mma class, or an advanced Xfit routine lol... the bigger guys were always the ones puking 15 minutes in hahahaha...

My gym is a decent size but recently been cut in half due to "needing a boxing ring and MMA section. :mad: On top of that they are cutting into the wieght section even more to make a section for Crossfit! :banghead: it's ridiculous. I'm switching gyms.

Not at all a fan of crossfit, but in the case of soccer moms i make an exception.

IDK how sum1 cant be fan of Xfit...its all sports related training to become a better athlete basically used by every sports players from baseball, to hockey, to wrestling, to skiing...

My neighbor is an MMA guy. You never know what he will do next. Sometimes hes running down the street with a chain attached to a truck tire. Sometimes he carrys a 45lb plate and jogs with it while placing it infront of him and over his head.

The best one though was when it was the dead of winter and he was pushing a shopping cart loaded with plates down a busy street in shorts and a tank top. He has been noticing how big ive been getting and i can tell he feels inadaquate. He is always consumed with being better than everyone.

One day he comes over while I was watering the flowers and comments on the substantial change ive made. He goes on for a while about his training regimen and how fit it makes him. Then he mentions that he can also deadlift 315. Then he goes.... but you can probobly almost bench press that I bet? He was fishing to find out how strong I was.

I couldnt resist.... so I took out my phone and just happened to show him a vid I had of hitting 315 for 8 easy reps in the bench. He pretty much shut up after that. LOL

The funny/odd thing is most of the exercises you see the local "mma guys" doing is just some crazy shit. Most MMA fighters spend hours just rolling and sparring, and conventional cardio.

Truth to be told weather their a BB,Xfiter,MMA,PL,etc as long as they are true to the goals/training/eating/hardcore whatever,I got no problem.

I mean hell look at this fuck face that somebody posted a while back. He's "pretend" BB and thinks he's the shit.
340 pound bench press max on PaulGaleNetwork.com - YouTube

I would much rather have the REAL mma trainer taking up space in my gym then the guy in the youtube vid.

it bc its no contest as to what puts a person into better "shape"....not just how big or round their quads are, or if they have glute striations lol...BBing makes you so UN-ATHLETIC... most people dont want to look like "jacked", so theyd rather go w sumthing that is more efficient... the thing is, that most BBers THINK they are in good shape bc they have muscles and low BF%....but that has nothing to do with being an athlete or healthier.....

i challenge any real BBer here to go make it thru an hour mma class, or an advanced Xfit routine lol... the bigger guys were always the ones puking 15 minutes in hahahaha...

No doubt. If you want to be humbled do a few rounds of sparring or grappling.

I asked an mma guy how the weight training and stuff helped him and he just said he likes to look good as well. He does a lot of conditioning stuff but more weights then you see most mma guys doing. He's looks better than most the bodybuilders at the gym not big but solid and veiny with good cuts

Everyone want to be a MMA fighter now days and it's a huge trend. I never trained for it but have knocked some of those posers out. It comes down to a lucky punch mostly. lol.

The majority of these guys have never taken a real punch to the face thrown by a trained fighter and realizing how much it sucks

The majority of these guys have never taken a real punch to the face thrown by a trained fighter and realizing how much it sucks

I would probably say thats the case for a lot of them. My view on it though is that if it helps the younger generation get healthy and fit then its a good thing overall. I would much rather see 20 somethings in the gym training hard than sitting at home watching TV or playing xbox all night long eating chips.

As far as health is concerned, is drug use as common in MMA as it is in bodybuilding? I think most contests are drug tested these days, right?

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner