over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A Lot Of MMA/UFC Cage Fighters At The Gym's Now

I would probably say thats the case for a lot of them. My view on it though is that if it helps the younger generation get healthy and fit then its a good thing overall. I would much rather see 20 somethings in the gym training hard than sitting at home watching TV or playing xbox all night long eating chips.

As far as health is concerned, is drug use as common in MMA as it is in bodybuilding? I think most contests are drug tested these days, right?

I will make some quick distinctions for you. Some times people (not saying you) tend to jumble MMA and the individual disciplines that make it up into one category.

In Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for example, AAS usage is greatly frowned upon. Mass and power are contrary to several of its key tenants. Foremost of those tenants being technique and leverage as the primary catalyst to a better game (victory). They supercede strength/size/explosiveness in all known (respected) adaptations of JJ.

As a reference point, check out the BJJ forums. Conversely, observe the stark contrast on the MMA forums. Although already implied, MMA is wrought with 'users'. AAS and rec drugs alike.

I'm a BJJ blue belt (staring at purple) who trains at a respected Gracie gym that also trains MMA, Muay Thai guys etc. Not to make a sweeping, all enveloping generalization but the personalties are remarkably different.

*EDIT* No, very few MMA contests are tested. Actually, none that I know of outside the upper echelons of competition. I know 40-50 MMA fighters. I've never heard the word 'test'. No pun intended.

Last edited:
I will make some quick distinctions for you. Some times people (not saying you) tend to jumble MMA and the individual disciplines that make it up into one category.

In Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for example, AAS usage is greatly frowned upon. Mass and power are contrary to several of its key tenants. Foremost of those tenants being technique and leverage as the primary catalyst to a better game (victory). They supercede strength/size/explosiveness in all known (respected) adaptations of JJ.

As a reference point, check out the BJJ forums. Conversely, observe the stark contrast on the MMA forums. Although already implied, MMA is wrought with 'users'. AAS and rec drugs alike.

I'm a BJJ blue belt (staring at purple) who trains at a respected Gracie gym that also trains MMA, Muay Thai guys etc. Not to make a sweeping, all enveloping generalization but the personalties are remarkably different.

Yeah, im thinking of the mainstream MMA guys you see walking around with the T-shirts etc. The guys you see on Ulitmate Fighting mostly. I have a lot of deep respect for the true martial arts like JJ. I had both of my little girls in Tai Kwon Do, and the youngest one did pretty good earning a green with black stripe board. I think its a great lifestyle to live.

Yeah, im thinking of the mainstream MMA guys you see walking around with the T-shirts etc. The guys you see on Ulitmate Fighting mostly. I have a lot of deep respect for the true martial arts like JJ. I had both of my little girls in Tai Kwon Do, and the youngest one did pretty good earning a green with black stripe board. I think its a great lifestyle to live.

Indeed it is!

Teach those girls to keep their hands up however. TKD competitors predominately compete with their hands in a downward flailing posistion.

Ever considered adding a ground game to her stack? :)

Carlos and Helio designed BJJ with the smaller person in mind. In a real world attack, the position a woman is most likely to be forced into is onto her back or into the prone position.

For the record,on my second day training I was caught in an Oma Plata by a brown belt that was no more than 5' 7" 165 lbs. Ego check anyone? :D

Truth to be told weather their a BB,Xfiter,MMA,PL,etc as long as they are true to the goals/training/eating/hardcore whatever,I got no problem.

I mean hell look at this fuck face that somebody posted a while back. He's "pretend" BB and thinks he's the shit.
340 pound bench press max on PaulGaleNetwork.com - YouTube

I would much rather have the REAL mma trainer taking up space in my gym then the guy in the youtube vid.

If you cant even rack that shit by yourself why bother. I bet he really maxs out around 245. It sucks that the guy was taught that that was a bench press movement.

The funny/odd thing is most of the exercises you see the local "mma guys" doing is just some crazy shit. Most MMA fighters spend hours just rolling and sparring, and conventional cardio.
I never had any energy for additional training when I was doing 4 to 4.5 hour of groundwork or standup per day.

As far as using my training in "real world" situations, I have had to, and it made a huge difference in me staying safe and not getting hurt.

Take some of the best UFC coaches like Martin Rooney and they have there guys doing bread and butter stuff compound full body lifts and advanced body weight stuff and strongman event movements

Often the crazy shit is done by guys for effect

it bc its no contest as to what puts a person into better "shape"....not just how big or round their quads are, or if they have glute striations lol...BBing makes you so UN-ATHLETIC... most people dont want to look like "jacked", so theyd rather go w sumthing that is more efficient... the thing is, that most BBers THINK they are in good shape bc they have muscles and low BF%....but that has nothing to do with being an athlete or healthier.....

i challenge any real BBer here to go make it thru an hour mma class, or an advanced Xfit routine lol... the bigger guys were always the ones puking 15 minutes in hahahaha...

motherfucking THIS!

Tired of the BB elitists hating on crossfit and mma every time a thread like this is made. I respect anyone who puts forth the effort in to get in great shape. Lately I've been working to try to get some stamina back that I once had

The majority of these guys have never taken a real punch to the face thrown by a trained fighter and realizing how much it sucks

and majority of BBers have? :rolleyes: lol

why does not knowing what it feels like to be punched in tha face, a downmark for mma/Xfit guys?

one of tha FUNNIEST things is when big BBers use to tell me how hard they thought they could punch sum1...put a pair of gloves on them and stand them in front of a bag and just watch wtf occurs LMAOOOO... they look like a flailing fish outta water and usually are calling it quits after about 4 or 5 combinations of tha WACKEST shit uve ever seen, in tha 1st half of round 1 hahahahahahhaa

Last edited:

*EDIT* No, very few MMA contests are tested. Actually, none that I know of outside the upper echelons of competition. I know 40-50 MMA fighters. I've never heard the word 'test'. No pun intended.

I remember the Torrance Academy had a lot of guys on the sauce. BJJ comps are different and seem more civilized. Some of the pure sport bjj guys seem more timid and its a sport better suited to them as they don't like being punched in the face.

I love mma! I think it is one of the greatest sports . Had there been mma as we know it today in 1979 I would have possibly gone that way rather than
pling/bbing. I have total respect for those guys.
I will say this though a fucking tapout shirt does not make someone a mma fighter. That shit(posers) is insulting to real mma fighters.
Mma is just awesome and the conditioning(endurance) is off the hook!
Thanks,T

and majority of BBers have? :rolleyes: lol

why does not knowing what it feels like to be punched in tha face, a downmark for mma/Xfit guys?

one of tha FUNNIEST things is when big BBers use to tell me how hard they thought they could punch sum1...put a pair of gloves on them and stand them in front of a bag and just watch wtf occurs LMAOOOO... they look like a flailing fish outta water and usually are calling it quits after about 4 or 5 combinations of tha WACKEST shit uve ever seen, in tha 1st half of round 1 hahahahahahhaa

That is funny as hell! I don't know why but it reminded me of that will ferrel
movie where the guys says -- never saw a baby take a punch like that!!
Thanks pb that got me smiling. T

Maybe you can categorize AAS use from a driffrent perspective. I think a lot of replies in this thread (not yours specifically) are extremly narrowminded and simplified - just becasue some people do some form of martial arts as recreational exercise doesn´t autmatically make them "MMA fighters". Using that logic you can simply state that everyone that lifts weight at an commercial gym is a "bodybuilder".

Either way - just to reply on your qoute. Royce Gracie tested positive on a K1 MMA show debuting in the US (same one Brock tested clean!) so you may argue that the higher the level of competition the higher the risk some is on AAS. Now tested atheletes try to get by loopholes (TRT - latest is Rashad Evans that regulary visits Renzo, peptides, designerdrugs) etc. whilest lower tier athletes try to sqeuk by on lower resources AAS usage.

BJJ and SW are nowdays requiring higher level of athletic capabilities along side of the technical ones and that tends to create a higher demand for performance enhacing drugs - the moral preaching set aside. Just look at Royce.

Last edited:
smaller fights shows test for recreational drugs, if they test at all.

Yeah "mma" guys, they don't actually fight, they just do some stupid thing that they saw in a magazine. A real fighters time is dedicated to skill work, and maybe some very simple lifting. But most don't even do that.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131