over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A novice question...

Emery

Kilo Klub Member
If diet, training and rest are on par, does a guy have to be stacking different hormones to be competitive at a novice level?

More specifically, would just test be sufficient or are the other things a "must do" to be competitive?

I personally feel that keeping it as simple as you can is the best policy but want to hear from some of the more experienced fellas here what they think.

There is no correct answer. Youll get a lot of different opinions though. I myself know guys that have used just small amounts of test only that look Great!... Better then a guy that uses heavy "stacks" but don`t eat as well or train as hard.

That being said Im friends with a few guys that have won the state show here.
(Im not even talking nationals...Just the state level)
They used a lot more then just test alone. 1 Is dead now. Another runs a supp company and is a very small version of his old self.
Third guy I know has placed a close second.. he still Lives at home with his G-ma and spends all his money on hgh and supps. It is his entire life. All three guys were Juiced to the Gills :D Along with HGH and every other weapon available.

I guess it depends on the person and what you consider Novice level.
Best in the Local Fitness center...Possible id say yes. Best in the State or even wanting to place at national level..Id say very unlikely unless its a genetic freak.

Thats just my personal opinion of course.

Last edited:
it really does vary

however generaly from wat ive seen stacking different compounds is almost essential if you want to be competitive

just think about it this way

if your on stage, and the guy next to you is using 2000mgs of gear, how much are you going to use?

would you stand on stage knowing the guys your going against are twice as enhanced as you? or would you likely up the mgs in order to stay competitive?

diet,training and of course genetics are always going to be important factors, however the unfortunate trueth is you are very unlikely to ever beat someone who is using twice the amount of substances as you if there training diet and genetics are just as good as yours

im not saying you need to use boat loads of gear and substances, im just pointing out alot of other guys do

if you can beat them using less, then good on you, but your never really going to know wat the guy next to you is using or taking,

and becoz of this, many guys will increase there substance use becoz they think the guy next to them is using alot more then they are

ive seen guys on 2grams of gear beaten by guys on 500mgs, then ive seen natural guys who look alot better then big juicers,

but then ive seen guys destroyed in comps, (despite they were geneticaly gifted), becoz the guy next to them who carried average genetics was using alot more juice.

i think as you begin to compete you will realise and begin to see what other guys are using, aswell as realise whether or not you have the genetics to be competive

its at that point you can decide what and how much your willing to do,

untill then play it safe, and use wat u consider appropriate

Last edited:
who gives a rats ass what the competition is using? you do you bro! if you respond well on test alone then go for it! get lean, maintain as much muscle as possible and get lean, get lean, get lean. then let the chips fall where they may. I have never in my life sat backstage pumping up and wondered... what are they on?? what a fucking joke.

Thanks for the responses fellas...

B-Boy, I'm glad you chimed in. I don't want to be on a ton of stuff or even go down that road. I am going to give it all I got with diet, rest and moderate but simple supplementation for now. I guess I just need to worry about myself and being the best that I and only I can be. There will always be someone bigger and more shredded, that is a metaphor for life right there!

What the experienced bodybuilders have been saying, is, "get really lean and then make decisions." This is where I am gonna start. I am starting a CKD tomorrow for a show in May 2011.

I have lost 30 pounds in 5 - 6 weeks with a keto type diet, so this is where I'll start, then I'll make decisions on "supps" when I am leaner.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear