over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A question for the diet Gurus

AMG45

Registered
So I have always had a hard time dropping weight from my lower back. I always gain that lower back/side fat very easily. During prep my front is always far ahead of my back side.

I am in my offseason now and I am currently eating 6 clean meals per day.

Is there any tips to keeping that back fat down? I figured there has to be some coaches that had clients with the same issues.

-J

Im am far from a coach but I do not think you can locally target fat loss..

My lower back is the same.. its always the last to the party and I think thats just genetics and how your body stores/burns its fat stores..

I see Shelby down there so hopefully he will chime in as Im curious as well

Last edited:
Really you just have to have gotten hard enough and lost the fat there to begin with, but genetically you will always re-accumulate fat in certain areas more to start with.
Its my hard spot as well but if I get shredded I lose it- after that its about not getting so fat in the off season- off season means gains not free-for-all.

Really you just have to have gotten hard enough and lost the fat there to begin with, but genetically you will always re-accumulate fat in certain areas more to start with.
Its my hard spot as well but if I get shredded I lose it- after that its about not getting so fat in the off season- off season means gains not free-for-all.

I hear you. This is the first offseason where i have committed to eating clean year around. I do need to gain some size though if I want to move up in placing, but I also want to be in good shape so I don't have to torture myself during prep and be crappy flat all the time. So far so good, I am gaining slowly but my condition is staying pretty decent, back fat is there but def not as bad as it usually gets when my diet is crappy, I just didn't know if there was any tips in keeping it down.

You can't spot reduce. Restrict your calories and feel hungry all day if you want to lose fat.

I'm no guru...but have been 4% bodyfat within 6 months:D

Get lean...then get leaner.....and then when you get a little bit leaner......those stubborn handles will be gone!!!

Also check out poliquins theory on fat placement versus hormone irregularities. Basically says if fat is accumulating in certain areas its hormone related and can ve altered through diet manipulation. I forget exactly what he called it.

Great post well said. Everyone has the stubborn areas but when ur peeled even thise go. Lower back is my same stubborn spot as well unfortunatle nothing u can do dietwise to spot reduce fat other than dieting enough to get the fat off everywhere. The lower back just will be last

Also check out poliquins theory on fat placement versus hormone irregularities. Basically says if fat is accumulating in certain areas its hormone related and can ve altered through diet manipulation. I forget exactly what he called it.

Here is the video! :)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acWvZQYNL7s"]Charles Poliquin at Meeting of the Minds 2008 - YouTube[/ame]

Do higher fat/lower carb
Check your hormone panels and send us the results
I should be able to give you some suggestions

Hopefully they will help, otherwise you're stuck with
G-E-N-E-T-I-C-S

Wow that Poliquin guy is an ahole, he's obviously just a salesman.

Hormone related fat distribution patterns is well established.

Love handles are supposed to be androgen fat, nothing you can really do as a bodybuilder but get really lean, the love handles eventually go, it's really bad for me, but they do go.

Its not love handles he is talking about.
I can get those striated but still have some Lower Back fat.

Do higher fat/lower carb

G-E-N-E-T-I-C-S

I just had my blood work done, which panel are you looking for?

I know that this is obviously genetic, and I know if I dieted hard that I would lose weight from that area

I do need to put on a solid ten pounds to place better in my shows, so gaining muscle is the ultimate goal so I guess my question was how to stay lean while trying to gain size so when I do diet I don't have to kill myself

Cycling carbs?
Higher Fat?
Cardio?
More complex carbs?

Right now I am eating 6 solid meals a day and adjusting my diet by how I look in the mirror. A day usually looks like this

-2 cups egg whites + 4 ezekiel bread + 1 tbs olive oil or 2 tbs pb
- 8 oz chicken w 1 cup white rice
- 8 oz chicken w 1 cup white rice pre training
-60 grams cyclic dextrin + amino during
- 8 oz chicken 2 cups white rice Post training
- 8 oz salmon 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 cups egg whites + 2 tbs pb

Order Biohealth cortisol test #201 for $106.00 Poloquin is correct, and belly fat and lower back fat could be caused by abnormal adrenal hormone . This is a 4 vial spit test. If results come out bad, tech support will tell you what to do next.

Also some report success with GW-501516, which does have "spot reduction" qualities. Rather interesting. Never do wieghted oblique work,; unless you're flexing, it always looks like fat.

Lastly, make sure youre doing high rep glut ham raises, and bent over lat pulls with palms up, to really hit the lower area.

Do higher fat/lower carb

G-E-N-E-T-I-C-S

TrinD I've been doing this diet since I saw you posted something on it awhile ago and I've had some amazing results and I feel great! I'm not really counting my fat or protein just keeping protein high and fat high with 0 carbs. How often do you reefed though? Just curious

It's typical male stubborn body fat...fat accumulation around the mid-section/lower back known as the "android" shape body fat distribution.

Stubborn fat is the last to go, sadly. Use yohimbine to aid in stubborn fat loss as it is an alpha receptor antagonist.

Yep, u didn't put it there on purpose, so u can't take it away either. It will go, just probably gonna be b last for you

I get the same way off season and its really the only area I hold fat it sucks. But when I diet down it comes off.

One way I have found thats worked well for me this off season is when I do add a few pounds and I start to feel it (tight lower back, tight hips and feel loose around the waist) is I try to maintain that weight for a while and try not to gain anymore. This gives my body time to adjust to the new weight and I actually can maintain that weight and after about 4-5 weeks I feel solid again, no more sore back or joints and my waist doesnt feel sloppy and it may go back down an inch or so. Then I am good to go to start gaining again.

Agree. Every time u do a show it comes off faster. But the best way to keep it off is keep Ur diet in check and not get above 11% bf in bulking. As soon as I start to see the little f! Cut for a short time then get back to bulking. Seems to me the longer it stay on the more work it takes to take it off.

I really don't understand this whole "I eat clean," stuff. Sure, I eat clean too. I make sure my pop tarts don't hit the floor. If your micronutrients are hit, feel free to indulge, it sure won't hinder your progress if you actually have set macros. flex dieting is where it is at.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity